Your Favorite Skin - Page 3 of 14

I love the dark matrix skin, but I also like - Page 3 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 25th Jan, 2005 - 3:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (14) »

?
Poll: Which Skin Is Your Favorite?
  Red       12.82%
  Dark Matrix       12.82%
  White Snow       5.13%
  Dial-up / MOBILE       7.69%
  Mormonite       10.26%
  Executive       15.38%
  Bare Bones       2.56%
  Medieval       15.38%
  Text Only       0.00%
  Animation       7.69%
  Shiv Shakti       2.56%
  Indian       2.56%
  Plain (default)       2.56%
  Latin-Mac       0.00%
  Silver Blue       2.56%
  BLOG       0.00%
  Love & Life Bytes       0.00%
  Cozyville       0.00%
  Mature       0.00%
  Gwynedd       0.00%
Total Votes: 39
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The way you see the forum
22nd Jan, 2005 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Skin - Page 3

I used to really like the Red skin but now that I have switched to the Matrix skin, I enjoy it more than I ever did the Red. It puts me in a Matrix mood, and the colors blend well with each other.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jan, 2005 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Skin Favorite Your

Dawn: "For Intellectually Mature Discussion." I think this should be at the top of all the skins to let people know to only participate if this is what they are looking for.

That is actually an excellent suggestion and I just implemented it throughout all the Skins so that no matter which Skin a person selects they will get the message.

22nd Jan, 2005 - 7:01pm / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Skin Feedback & FAQ News Community

I like winter white, but I use Mormonite more often, because it reminds me a little bit more of how I should treat other people's opinions. I am fairly sure that if I used a skin with darker shades, say Dark Matrix or Red, for two or three weeks straight, my comments would have noticeably more of a cynical edge, becuase when I get into a dark, contemplative mood, my language and thought patterns are altered. I'm trying to avoid doing that too much these days.

Features aren't a big deal for me, but I really don't like Dial-up or Executive - the look is just too plain. Mormonite and Winter White are classy, and Matrix is cool, even though I don't use it much.

The whole thing is great, no matter how you look at it.

22nd Jan, 2005 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Skin Favorite Your

I am currently test driving the Executive skin. I liked the mormonite skin, but it seemed to load slower than the red. Could have been something else going on at the time, though. However, I think Executive loads slower than the red too.

Am I imagining this or are there more images, etc. to load? I do like all the tabs on the exective skin, I must admit. So far, I think it is pretty cool.

22nd Jan, 2005 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

Skin Favorite Your

Tena, that has to be something wrong with your system or connection because the opposite is true. Out of those the Red Skin has more images to load then Mormonite and lastly Executive. It maybe that your browser cached the Red Skin pretty well from constant use so it appears to be faster.

Howe, it is a good thing we do not have a Friday 13th Skin, I would hate to think how that would affect you wink.gif

22nd Jan, 2005 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Skin

I generally use the Matrix skin. Right now, I am giving the Executive skin a good trial.

I don't really like the Red skin, and haven't used it for a long time.

I tried the Mormonite skin today.

I am using a DSL connection, with my laptop connected through a wireless (G) network. I am using Mozilla, but I strongly suspect that I have some spyware and adware on my computer.

Results:
1. Mormonite is very slow to load. I don't like the color combinations very much, either.

2. Matrix loads faster, and the color combinations are much nicer since it was upgraded awhile back. It isn't as dark as it once was, and there are more shades of green in it.

3. Executive loads fast, the "tabs" on the right side are nice. The top of the page is quite "busy" with all the flags, the banner, etc. I have to search every time for the "Hot Topics" button. It probably needs the little animated flame to make it stand out.

An interesting problem with it is that the background of the editor is exactly the same tone as the skin. Until the scroll bar showed up, I couldnt' tell where the edge of the editor was. I still can't see the change from the bottom of the editor and the skin. Maybe a little bit of off-white in the editor would help.

4. I like the Winter White skin, but it is just too white. That is also a slight problem with the Executive skin.

5. The Dial-up is really good for those days when things seem to lag. It has the same problems with colors as the Executive and Winter White.

I think I will probably stick with the Matrix skin. These others are just too bright.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jan, 2005 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Skin - Page 3

Slow to Load Issue

I notice a lot of comparisons on what is slow to load... are we talking a couple of seconds here, because for me everything loads zip - zip - zip with the difference only being a second or two longer.

Nighthawk, I did apply some of your suggestions and thanks for the Emails, you and Tena have done well in this area. I did not understand your Editor rant, you may wish to Email me with a link to that.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2005 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Skin
A Friend

Your Favorite Skin Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 3

I love the dark matrix skin, but I also like the red skin. I don't like the executive skin at all! I think I like the dark matrix skin the most because it was the default when I first signed up and thats what I got used to.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Your Favorite Skin

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,