Your Favorite Skin - Page 5 of 14

I have been toying with the idea of having - Page 5 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 29th Nov, 2005 - 3:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (14) »

?
Poll: Which Skin Is Your Favorite?
  Red       12.82%
  Dark Matrix       12.82%
  White Snow       5.13%
  Dial-up / MOBILE       7.69%
  Mormonite       10.26%
  Executive       15.38%
  Bare Bones       2.56%
  Medieval       15.38%
  Text Only       0.00%
  Animation       7.69%
  Shiv Shakti       2.56%
  Indian       2.56%
  Plain (default)       2.56%
  Latin-Mac       0.00%
  Silver Blue       2.56%
  BLOG       0.00%
  Love & Life Bytes       0.00%
  Cozyville       0.00%
  Mature       0.00%
  Gwynedd       0.00%
Total Votes: 39
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The way you see the forum
6th Aug, 2005 - 2:01pm / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Skin - Page 5

I use the Executive Skin. I started with it and I got used to it. As I see it, you get used with a skin (usually the default one) and it can be somehow "uncomfortable" to change it. Still, when I play Plugged, I feel that skin is appropriate to get the "vibe" of the game. Also the medieval skin made a good first impression, but I didn't had time to get used to it. Maybe in the next few days I'll give it a try.

Sponsored Links:
6th Aug, 2005 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #

Skin Favorite Your

Wow, I really like the new Medieval skin! Very nice, JB, well done - it has all the features that I enjoy on the Winter White skin. I'm going to use it for now. I kind of get bored with the same skin all the time.

6th Aug, 2005 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Skin Feedback & FAQ News Community

Thanks for the feedback, my intention with the Medieval Skin was to 'blow away' the user with the 'wow' aspect so that they could feel more adjusted to our RPGing side, and so far it seems to have that effect. You will also notice that any links that are not regularly available at the top can be found at the bottom of each page. I originally intended to make it so the background was dark and the text was light, but there were too many conflicts so I went back to the same light backgrounds with solid text.

30th Aug, 2005 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Skin Favorite Your

Internet Explorer Users

Recently I was running some tests in the dreaded Internet Explorer and I have now come to realize why some may wait constantly for higher graphic end pages to load. The answer is in the IE default settings. For some reason IE has automatically been set to load every image at each click (stupid), so one can cure this by:

Clicking on Tools>Internet Options>Temporary Internet Files>Settings

and then selecting 'Automatically' under 'check for new versions of stored pages' and press 'OK'.

You will instantly see the difference! The Forum will load each page instantly because it no longer loads each new image. This will also work for the rest of the net - enjoy!

2nd Sep, 2005 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Skin Favorite Your

I agree with Farseer, the Medieval skin is great! I also like the Bare bones because it's not full of features and links, and has soothing colors. One thing I noticed was that the favorites button for the bare bones skin is the same as that of the Medieval skin. Was that intentional?

2nd Sep, 2005 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Skin

Smudge: Was that intentional?

No that was me in a mode of being lazy to create one for it wink.gif, but glad you like the Skins.

UPDATE: I have since then corrected this by creating buttons of its' own.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Sep, 2005 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Skin - Page 5

For the past few days I was using the Medieval skin and I have to say it just "got" me. The first day was unusual, mainly because I used the vertical tabs from the right side of the screen, but by now that "reflex" is gone and I use the links from the top. One other thing - and this is I guess subjective - I find the colors from Medieval skin more relaxing.

29th Nov, 2005 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Your Favorite Skin Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 5

I have been toying with the idea of having yet another Skin, but I have not been convinced as yet. Right now my focus is on having our current Skins as versatile as possible especially with the introduction of the New Portal which feeds off of the current DB Skins.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Your Favorite Skin

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,