Shell Shocked ( Combat Stress )

Shell Shocked Combat Stress - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 29th Aug, 2004 - 10:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2004 - 12:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I've been in Iraq for 8 months now. I am starting to see lot's of soldier's in my unit
being treated for combat stress , including myself. After months of being in a combat environment , it really takes a toll on you. After seeing someone you know getting killed or seeing someone's leg come off from shrapnel. It can be devastating to the mind. Right now I have problems falling asleep. I have nightmares. When I hear loud noises , I jump and I'm ready to shoot anything. Any quick movements make me jump also. Everyday is a struggle to survive. When driving out there on the road we are constantly getting attacked by small arms fire , sniper fire , I.E.D.'s ( Inprovised Explosive Device) , Mortar Fire , and R.P.G.'s ( Rocket Propelled Grenade) I went through the same thing when I was in Desert Storm. It's normal for soldier's to go through this when being exposed to combat. The only thing that worries me is , when I go home on R&R leave next month. Will I have a flashback in front of my wife and kids ? How will they react ? Will they think I'm crazy ? Desert Storm was different because I was single , so it was just me. Are there any vets out there with any good advice . How was it for you when you returned home from a combat environment ? Keep in mind I'm just going home on leave. I will go home for good in a few months.

Sponsored Links:
28th Aug, 2004 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Stress Combat Shocked Shell

While I am a vet of the first Gulf War, I did not see any actual combat. I served at an air base far back from the lines, supporting KC-10s and B-52s. I would think that there are some excellent forums and mailing lists designed specifically for veterans, where you can find more specific information. Either send me a PM, or I can give you my email, and send you to one in particular that I know of, that is made up mostly of SOF folks. If anyone would have the knowledge and experience you are looking for, they would.

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2004 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Shell Shocked ( Combat Stress ) Health & Special Psychology

Hey thanks Nighthawk. If you don't mind , could you send me a PM with info dealing with this topic. I think SOF contacts could give me some good advice. Do you know of any SOF contacts ?

29th Aug, 2004 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

Look up SOCNET. That will get you started.

Please let me know if they are able to help you. I am concerned for you.

Offtopic but,
Your PM folder is full, so I can't send the information directly to you.

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2004 - 10:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I will definitely look into this site. I also deleted all my old messages , so you can send me a PM now.

> TOPIC: Shell Shocked ( Combat Stress )

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,