James Doohan

James Doohan - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 5th Jan, 2006 - 8:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Star Trek: "Beam Me Up" Scotty
Post Date: 1st Sep, 2004 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

James Doohan

LOS ANGELES Aug. 31, 2004 - "Star Trek" actor James Doohan famed for his portrayal of "Beam Me Up" Scotty, the intrepid engineer who kept the starship Enterprise warping across galaxies grinned and waved to fans Tuesday as he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

It was expected to be the last public appearance of the 84-year-old performer, who was recently diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and also suffers from Parkinson's disease, diabetes and lung fibrosis.
Ref. https://abcnews.go.com/wire/Entertainment/a...40831_1923.html

Sponsored Links:
1st Sep, 2004 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Doohan James

I heard about this a few days ago. I remember watching the original series when I was a kid and I loved it. Over the years I became a true Star Trek fan, although I have never gone to a convention. James "Scotty" Doohan was always one of my favorites. How sad that he is suffering from so many ailments. I remember the episode of The Next Generation called "Relics". Scotty was still our old Scotty despite a few added pounds. It was so cool to see him re-create the bridge of the old Enterprise on the holodeck. I can even remember the line he gave the computer: "NCC-1701, no bloody A, B, C, or D!" Sigh, you won't see the like of him anymore. Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here. smile.gif

Post Date: 21st Jul, 2005 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

James Doohan Sports & Fashion Music Movies

'Star Trek's' Scotty is dead, ashes to be sent into space

AFP - Actor James Doohan, who transported the crew of the "Star Trek" television series through space on the command "Beam me up, Scotty," died at the age of 85, his agent said.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...rtainmentusfilm

Post Date: 5th Jan, 2006 - 8:44am / Post ID: #

James Doohan
A Friend

Doohan James

I feel very pleased to be able to say that I did have the honor of not only meeting but spending time with Mr. James Doohan. I met him during a science fiction convention in 1993, and he was in fine form, having completed the episode 'Relics' in the previous year. Not only was he an outstanding speaker about the Star Trek experience, but a genuinely funny and down to earth person as well. The same evening that I met him, he agreed to accompany several of the Convention Staffers to go out for dinner ( and drinks!) at a local restaurant to get away from the masses at the convention for a few hours. He shared stories not only of Star Trek but of his long career in acting prior to Star Trek, and he genuinely laughed at his own rememberances of other acting jobs he had taken over the years in both television, movies, and commercials. That evening of sitting around a table after stuffing ourselves with steak and just laughing and telling jokes and sharing stories is one of my fondest memories.

He was an excellent representative of the classic warmth that helped make Star Trek famous, and even more...... he was a really great person to just talk with. I remember thinking I would love having him as a neighbor. I do miss "Scotty"

> TOPIC: James Doohan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,