Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 
8th Nov, 2012 - 6:38am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Bumi Setting Comments & Suggestions

Hello to everybody. I just started a new scenario in the Member Wars board. I will start as soon as players show up. In the meanwhile, I'm open to any kind of feedback. Thank you.

Sponsored Links:
15th Nov, 2012 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

Suggestions and Comments Setting Bumi Bruconeros

Let's start by cosmetically sprucing up your Threads a bit so they do not get drowned out by the others. From skimming through your "Setting" Thread I notice you place a lot of emphasis on the space elements. Should I then select an image that shows more of this to place as the Thread's thumbnail?

The two Threads you have now is all that you will use? If so, then it may be wise to link them up. If you plan more then you should add them now rather than later, but not too many. I think no more than 4 Threads is adequate for any game.

15th Nov, 2012 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Bumi Setting Comments & Suggestions Reviews RPG & Card Board

An image would be great! Yes, I put some emphasis on the astronomical description because I would like the players to have a clear idea of what the sky looks like during the day and during the night. It will be also useful in the case I will want to connect future events to particular astronomical situations. These events will look more natural and not arbitrary created just to start new quests. I plan to start 2 more threads. A hub for approved characters, to avoid the thread dedicated to new players to become flooded by adventure-related posts, and the actual adventure. I would like to link them but I need access to a desktop pc for that. Is my day off so maybe later I'll drive to the city.

15th Nov, 2012 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

I've 'fixed' your Threads in that they are more specific to the content intended and have a description as well to direct Players or potential Players.

I'm not sure which Thread to apply the image to, the one where you describe the world of Bumi or your current Scenario?

I should add that once you have created these Threads that you should not open new ones for each Scenario but just stick to what you have. It is easier to manage and becomes less confusing for Players.

15th Nov, 2012 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Maybe the image could be added to the setting description's Thread, to make it more visible. New players should read that before decide if they want to join but, since it will not be updated as often as the others, it risks to sink down the list.

16th Nov, 2012 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

I added it to both Threads, one with a longer width than the other to distinguish them. I selected an image that emphasized your description, I believe you have all necessary to start save for the following you could add: FAQ with questions Players may ask and you already have answers given. I will suggest using one of the existing Threads for this. You may also want to point out the link to our Generator for them to create the character. Good luck with your games.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Nov, 2012 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Thank you JB, I really appreciate the support you are giving me. The FAQ idea is a good one. They should be in the Thread dedicated to general questions and characters approvals but I should have put them since the beginning. Is there a way to insert a post in the first page or is already too late?

16th Nov, 2012 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

Bruconero's Bumi Setting Comments & Suggestions Board Card & RPG Reviews

Well of course it is late for that, plus you have to consider that it is something you will want to probably add to later or update hence my suggestion at the Settings Thread. In there you also mentioned how you wanted the game to run so probably the FAQ can be seen as a continuance of what is expected in the World of Bumi. This is just a suggestion, nothing to do immediately or you can even skip it altogether.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Bruconero's Bumi Setting Comments & Suggestions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,