Sleep - Page 4 of 10

Living with children may mean less sleep for - Page 4 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 28th Feb, 2017 - 9:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »

?
Poll: How many hours do you sleep for per day?
  1-2       0.00%
  3-4       3.85%
  5-6       46.15%
  7-8       34.62%
  9-10       11.54%
  11-12       3.85%
  13-14       0.00%
  15+       0.00%
Total Votes: 26
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Top  Sleep Did you get enough of it? Can you make up for lack of it? How long do you normally sleep? Sleeping
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2016 - 10:40am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sleep - Page 4

No blue light, please, I'm tired: Light color determines sleepiness versus arousal in mice

Light affects sleep. A study in mice shows that the actual color of light matters; blue light keeps mice awake longer while green light puts them to sleep easily. Ref. Source 2v.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2016 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Sleep

Could quality of sleep have to do with sex differences?

You may have noticed that women are more prone to sleep disturbances than men. They are, for instance, up to twice as likely to suffer from insomnia than men. Could there be a link between the body clock that regulates sleep and being a female or a male? Yes, according to a new study. Ref. Source 3b.

13th Sep, 2016 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Sleep Health & Special Psychology

My sleep tends to be restless and not enjoyable. I often think too much about things I have to do and carry it to bed with me.

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2016 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Sleep

Shorter sleep linked to sugar-sweetened drink consumption

Treating sleep deprivation could potentially help reduce sugar intake, a new study suggests. People who sleep five or fewer hours a night are likely to also drink significantly more sugary caffeinated drinks, such as sodas and energy drinks, researchers found. Ref. Source 3x.

Post Date: 28th Jan, 2017 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

Sleep

Chronic sleep deprivation suppresses immune system

Many people report getting sick when they don't get enough sleep. A new study helps explain why. Researchers took blood samples from 11 pairs of identical twins with different sleep patterns and discovered that the twin with shorter sleep duration had a depressed immune system, compared with his or her sibling. Ref. Source 9e.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Sleep

Sleep research high-resolution images show how the brain resets during sleep

Striking electron microscope pictures from inside the brains of mice suggest what happens in our own brain every day: Our synapses -- the junctions between nerve cells -- grow strong and large during the stimulation of daytime, then shrink by nearly 20 percent while we sleep, creating room for more growth and learning the next day. Ref. Source 5k.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Sleep
A Friend

Sleep - Page 4

I try to get at least seven hours of sleep a night and preferable eight. I usually miss the mark though. Reasons include things like our new puppy, or our new puppy, or sometimes our new puppy. biggrin.gif Okay, in truth, even before the puppy I'd miss the mark half the time because of this or that.

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

Sleep Psychology Special & Health - Page 4

Living with children may mean less sleep for women, but not for men

New research backs up what many women already know: They're sleep deprived. Unlike men, a good night's sleep for women is affected by having children in the house, according to a preliminary study. Ref. Source 9w.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Sleep

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,