Sleep - Page 9 of 10

Scrap the nap: Study shows short naps don’t - Page 9 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 15th Aug, 2021 - 10:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 

?
Poll: How many hours do you sleep for per day?
  1-2       0.00%
  3-4       3.85%
  5-6       46.15%
  7-8       34.62%
  9-10       11.54%
  11-12       3.85%
  13-14       0.00%
  15+       0.00%
Total Votes: 26
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Top  Sleep Did you get enough of it? Can you make up for lack of it? How long do you normally sleep? Sleeping
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2018 - 7:20am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sleep - Page 9

Poor sleep triggers viral loneliness and social rejection. In a study of sleep-deprived versus well-rested individuals, researchers found that the brains of those lacking sufficient sleep exhibited heightened activity in areas that deal with perceived human threats and a shutdown of areas that encourage social interaction. People shown videos of sleep-deprived individuals felt more alienated, suggesting that antisocial feelings are contagious. This is the first study to show a two-way relationship between sleep loss and becoming socially isolated. Source 9x.

Sponsored Links:
17th Aug, 2018 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

Sleep

Sleep just transforms you into a different person. You get grouchy, slow, and sickly so its expected that you might suffer some social difficulties because of it.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2018 - 10:31pm / Post ID: #

Sleep
A Friend

Sleep Health & Special Psychology

I can see this as some people do get very anxious or easily angered if they are not sleeping well. To say grouchy at times can be a understatement. I know the way I sleep at times can make me someone who does push away others due to sleep deprivation.

Post Date: 23rd May, 2019 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Sleep

Why lack of sleep is bad for your heart. People who sleep fewer than 7 hours per night have lower levels of gene-regulating molecules, or microRNAs, which help dampen down inflammation in cells and support vascular health. Source 8i.

2nd May, 2020 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

Sleep

I take medication to help me sleep. If my allergies weren't going crazy, I'd get a full 7-8 hours sleep. Lately, though, my sinus cavities are swelling up in the middle of the night and I can't breath! It's frustrating, but I'm trying to find ways to sleep better.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2020 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Sleep

Brain noise contains unique signature of dream sleep. Dream or REM sleep is distinguished by rapid eye movement and absence of muscle tone, but electroencephalogram (EEG) recordings are indistinguishable from those of an awake brain. Neuroscientists have now found an EEG signature of REM sleep, allowing scientists for the first time to distinguish dreaming from wakefulness through brain activity alone. This could help in determining the prognosis for coma patients, and allow study of the impact of anesthesia on dreaming. Source 6m.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Mar, 2021 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Sleep - Page 9

Sleep is vital to associating emotion with memory, study finds. When you slip into sleep, it's easy to imagine that your brain shuts down, but new research suggests that groups of neurons activated during prior learning keep humming, tattooing memories into your brain. Source 7y.

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2021 - 10:30am / Post ID: #

Sleep Psychology Special & Health - Page 9

Scrap the nap: Study shows short naps don’t relieve sleep deprivation. The latest study shows that short naps are ineffective in mitigating the potentially dangerous cognitive effects of sleep deprivation. Source 2l.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Sleep

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,