Doubles

Doubles - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 16th Mar, 2007 - 11:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Best place to buy it
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2006 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

Doubles

Doubles

Where is the best place (safe, tasty, clean environment) to buy Doubles in Trinidad?

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jan, 2006 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

Doubles

I only buy doubles from a couple of places. One is in town (I can't remember the street, maybe JB will add it later) and the other is a lady in St. Joseph opposite to the Catholic Church. She is really good.

4th Jan, 2006 - 11:33am / Post ID: #

Doubles Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

There are a couple of guys (I think it is actually three of them total) on the same street where Kenny's and Newsday is on in Port of Spain - they make the best doubles in my opinion. The reason for my choice in them is based on several things: the surroundings is usually clean, they have water, napkins and are not next to a drain - all basics really, but not available or even provided by many of the nasty double makers we have in Trinidad. Of course, taste is up to par and the quantity given is filling. Many times I have seen doubles made as though there is a shortage of channa and barra(?) to go around - no the case with these guys. Give them a try and place your review here.

28th Feb, 2006 - 2:59am / Post ID: #

Doubles

This comes from the thread "What kind of Trinbagonian are you?".

Malexander said:

Tell me you are kidding! There is only one way to eat doubles, and it doesn't include utensils. When you get your hands messy, you start licking stuff of. Besides, a good doubles doesn't make too much of a mess except for the grease from the bara (hope I spelled that right).

Start licking stuff of? spock.gif Yuck! That's nasty! I can't stand when I see people licking their fingers when they are eating (specially with doubles and in KFC). Just recently I got used to eat curry with my hands BUT I must have a full set of napkins next to me *thankyouverymuch*. But with the doubles, it's different because they are very tricky to eat...therefore fork and knife are the perfect set for it *smile*

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2006 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Doubles
A Friend

Doubles

I cant speak for anyone else but in my opinion UWI doubles is fantastic, the best I ever had.

4th Apr, 2006 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Doubles

I have never heard of the UWI selling their own doubles. Is it sold from the cafeteria or are you talking about someone who sells right outside of the compound? What is so good about it?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jan, 2007 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

Doubles
A Friend

Doubles

Yep, UWI doubles are pretty good.
JB, they aren't really from UWI as such, they are located just outside the UWI north gate and sell primarily to UWI students (or did before they became famous and everyone started going there).

Rather off topic, but...
My apologies if I am bumping a really old thread or something, I am new here, and I haven't fgured out where the date stamp is on these things yet.

UWI doubles got famous 'cause they won the first ever fry-off (doubles/bake and shark) competition. They are loved because they tend to be a bit bigger than the average, and had a lot of toppings offered before they were fashionable (in addition to mango/cucumber etc, they had grated coconut and other stuff). Some say though that their plain doubles are a bit bland.

My personal favourite is Ali's doubles in south, but then, San Fernando doubles are very different to "north" doubles. And as a southerner (originally) I prefer those. smile.gif

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the same subject matter and does not develop into another Topic.

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2007 - 11:19pm / Post ID: #

Doubles
A Friend

Doubles Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

The best doubles are made at Tony's blue stand on Morne Coco Road in Petit Valley, close by the Daybreak bar!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Doubles

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,