Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 
Top  Dungeons & Dragons Online Character Generator The online Dungeons & Dragons Character Generator takes away a lot of the time it takes to create a 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons Character. It is not perfect but can be beneficial if used properly.
13th Dec, 2012 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Online Character Generator

This Thread is for updates and comments about the D&D Online Character Generator which was originally developed by Jesse Smith and modified slightly by me. I have recently updated the code to version 4.8 which included a couple of fixes.

Things To Note:

* You must have Javascript enabled on your browser
* If you have any kind of blocking software or strict security browser settings then it can make some parts of this generator inoperable
* You must be able to allow pop-ups as some selections require this
* Not everything is automatic - you have to enable it. For instance you may buy a shield but it is NOT automatically counted towards your AC until you enable it by EQUIPPING then character with the shield.

Dungeons & Dragons Online Character Generator (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
14th Dec, 2012 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Generator Character Online Dragons and Dungeons

I first heard about flaws in the generator when creating my character for the Kamdrogh game: some users were complaining about it in the Oliron Players Hub thread (first pages, if I remember well). I gave it a try in an Internet Cafe' (doesn't work with java mini-browsers because they don't allow pop-ups) and I realized that was true. I made an extensive search on the web, learning that this one was considered the best non-commercial product. It is widely employed in other communities even if its limits are generally recognised. The main problem is the way it manages skills and features that are often not coherent with the character's race and class. Personally, I would suggest to everybody to manually create their character. Is more accurate and it offers an excellent opportunity to review the basic rules.

14th Dec, 2012 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Online Character Generator Reviews RPG & Card Board

international QUOTE (Bruconero)
The main problem is the way it manages skills and features that are often not coherent with the character's race and class.

If you can provide specific examples I can pass them on to the author to see if he is willing to adjust for a fix. I could possibly try to hack it myself but Javascript is not my strong point.

14th Dec, 2012 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

Every new character has a certain number of points with which he can buy ranks in different skills. Depending on the Class chosen, some skills can be cheaper or cost more. The same skill, for instance Move Silently, is cheaper for a Rogue and more expensive for a spellcaster. This is not always taken into account by the generator. Also, it doesn't recognize extra features slots or bonus features for certain classes.

14th Dec, 2012 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
The same skill, for instance Move Silently, is cheaper for a Rogue and more expensive for a spellcaster.

This difference is by 1 point not so? I have used it before and it does highlight which skills a class will have to pay 2 skill points for and which only one skill point.

international QUOTE
...extra features slots or bonus features for certain classes

Strange, I thought it did. The thing is if the person using the generator does not actually select it then when they post their character it will not show.

When you have a lot of extra time what you can do is send me a sample character via my Contact Page using the Generator's code so I can upload it and see if I can duplicate any errors you refer to. Of course the character should have not yet selected the skills and feats yet.

14th Dec, 2012 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

I plan to go to an internet cafe' [Wednesday] night. I'll test it [thoroughly] and post the results as well as send the examples you required. What I remember about the character I tried to generate, is that it didn't recognized the extra feature slot for being human and didn't allow me pick Scribe Scrolls as a free feature for being a Wizard.

Rather off topic, but...
In the meanwhile, I'll experiment with some graphic programs to give a reliable answer to the question you asked in my introduction Thread. Thank you for the chance.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Dec, 2012 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

One of the examples you asked for:

international QUOTE (From Dungeons & Dragons Generator)
Name Pippo
Race Human
RaceNum 0
StartingClass 10
Barbarian 0
Bard 0
Cleric 0
Druid 0
Fighter 0
Monk 0
Paladin 0
Ranger 0
Rogue 0
Sorcerer 0
Wizard 1
Alignment 3
Religion 20
Strength 16 16
Dexterity 10 10
Constitution 8 8
Intelligence 18 18
Wisdom 6 6
Charisma 15 15
Money 30
BaseAttackBonus 0
FortitudeSave 0
WillSave 2
ReflexSave 0
HitPoints 3
ArmourBonus 0
ArmourIndex -1
ShieldIndex -1
Language 4
Spell Wizard 0 0
Spell Wizard 0 1
Spell Wizard 0 2
Spell Wizard 0 3
Spell Wizard 0 4
Spell Wizard 0 5
Spell Wizard 0 6
Spell Wizard 0 7
Spell Wizard 0 8
Spell Wizard 0 9
Spell Wizard 0 10
Spell Wizard 0 11
Spell Wizard 0 12
Spell Wizard 0 13
Spell Wizard 0 14
Spell Wizard 0 15
Spell Wizard 0 16
Spell Wizard 0 17
Spell Wizard 0 18
SpecialDomain none
RestrictedDomain1 none
RestrictedDomain2 none

This is the example of how the wizard can't get Scribe Scrolls as a free feature like it should. Sorry, I didn't have time yesterday to provide other examples but, playing with the generator, I didn't notice any major problem with the way Skills are managed. I was reporting the complains I got from the players. Their skills are always messed up and they claim to have selected them using the generator. So I thought it was flawed. But the Features are not always managed properly.

20th Dec, 2012 - 11:37am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Online Character Generator Board Card & RPG Reviews

Thanks for the info. This should be noted by new Players because as I said before it is about how the program is used and not its flaws. Obviously, if the program is not used properly it will not do what it should and it is human nature to always put the blame on something else.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons Online Character Generator

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,