Ku Klux Klan - KKK

Ku Klux Klan Kkk - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 17th Sep, 2004 - 9:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Top  Ku Klux Klan,KKK Klu Klux Klan
Post Date: 15th Sep, 2004 - 12:29am / Post ID: #

Ku Klux Klan - KKK

Ku Klux Klan - K

The Klu Klux Klan (K) is known for its discrimination and burning of crosses. This thread has been started to research and test the truth or falsehood of their 'Order'. Can they be considered a religion? Have you had any dealings with a known member of the K? Do you sympathize with their cause?

Image from Wikimedia public domain.

Ku Klux Klan - KKK
Ku Klux Klan - KKK (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
15th Sep, 2004 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

KKK Klan Klux Ku

I personally have never had any contact with a member of the KKK. I did find an interesting site that seems to have a lot of information. Click on this link if you're interestedKKK. Make sure to check out the FAQs. I read what they had to say and I am not sure I believe everything. I was raised to believe that the KKK were evil and hated all who were not white anglo-saxon americans. Perhaps I was wrong, I don't know but I will do some more reading to find out. I have always thought of myself as a very open minded woman.

Reconcile Edited: ReneeisXena on 15th Sep, 2004 - 4:57pm

15th Sep, 2004 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Ku Klux Klan - KKK Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I do not know if I have met someone that is part of the KKK simply because most of their members do not readily reveal themselves, hence part of their uniform seems to depict a mask. My understanding of it is that they simply do not believe in intermingling and that each race should remain in its own culture, country and people. In the Historical Profiles board there is a thread on Warren Harding (A former US President) and his involvement in the KKK.

15th Sep, 2004 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

KKK Klan Klux Ku

While I have not followed Renee's link, nor have I taken time to really study their history, I have always understood that they actually started as an organization to resist the destruction of their culture, livelihoods, farms, and everything else, by the Northern Carpetbaggers of the late 1800's.

I seem to recall that originally they were very strong in protecting the various colored peoples from those northerners. As time went on, the frustrations and horrors of Reconstruction led to the ethnocentricity and xenophobia exhibited by the KKK. Eventually this became severe racism and bigotry.

But then I could be completely wrong. wink.gif

15th Sep, 2004 - 9:16pm / Post ID: #

KKK Klan Klux Ku

Can they be considered a religion?

I don't think they are a religion. I think their members come from more than one religion. Probably many of them actually go to church each week, but the KKK doesn't have church services themselves. Remember that being protestant is not a religion. It is a designation given to all Christian religions that were formed as a break off of another Christian faith, initially Catholism. The root word is protest. The founders protested some of the beliefs being taught by their current religion and founded their own to address that protest.

So, when a person says they are protestant what they are really saying is I am a non-Catholic (Iand non-LDS) Christian. That still doesn't really tell you which faith it is to which they subscribe.

15th Sep, 2004 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Ku Klux Klan - KKK

Tenaheff, I am not sure if I understand where you are going with the definition of what can be considered a religion. That seems to be a catholic version of what religion is, anyone with an organized belief pattern can be considered to be 'part' of a religion, thus some people see atheism as a religion in which Science or self is their divine alignment. The definition of religion is...

1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
2a. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.
Ref. Dictionary.com

However, according to this klan of the KKK this is how they see themselves:

"We require for our members to profess a belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. We do not require that a person belong to any particular denomination. The Knights is not, however, a religious organization. The Knights is a political organization who seeks to place Christian men and women into seats of public office."

You can jump to their FAQ:
https://www.kkk.bz/faq.htm
Keep in mind this is one klan and their view.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2004 - 7:49am / Post ID: #

Ku Klux Klan - KKK
A Friend

Ku Klux Klan KKK

okay i have had an incident years back..i think it was 1995, in california, when i dated a black man (my skin complexion is such that most would assume i am 'white') and i had the words 'ni**er' lover painted in black on my door, and the man's grandmother (he lived and helped take care of her) had a cross burnt on her front yard. what i thought was so unusual was that when i was stationed in georgia, the kkk would march about once a year, and people would look at them and shake their heads in disgust..there weren't that many 'counterdemonstrations'...the attitude that was taken was to ignore them..but there was never any violence in the 'deep south' towards interracial couples, which were actually quite frequent, or at least in the 'base towns' i lived in like near Ft. Gordon, Ft. Stewart, and Ft. Benning (also Ft Jackson, SC) but i come back to my home state of cali after i get out of the service, and it is there that i encounter my first taste of racism. for the record, i don't care what color the person is, i look at the personality (but i am somewhat discriminatory; i dont date guys with b.o. biggrin.gif )

anyway, there was a band of hells angels clubhouse only a block from where that nice old lady and her grandson, who i was seeing, and from what i understand, they found out who had done that, and beat the holy crap out of them. appearantly, they liked that old lady and didn't want any homes near 'their clubhouse' to get a 'bad rap' or something like that...kinda surprised me, but i could see their point...they were concerned about it being associated with them in some way.

i guess the point that really struck home with me is that in the deep south, the kkk marches, but they aren't really taken seriously, but in a supposedly, 'liberal' state of california, there are violent instances of racism...not just mine, but beatings and stuff like that. while i know the south had it's share of lynchings and unfairness in the past, it seems to me that the race relations there run smoother than in western and northern states..or is that just me?

17th Sep, 2004 - 9:49am / Post ID: #

Ku Klux Klan KKK Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

Tenaheff, I am not sure if I understand where you are going with the definition of what can be considered a religion. That seems to be a catholic version of what religion is, anyone with an organized belief pattern can be considered to be 'part' of a religion, thus some people see atheism as a religion in which Science or self is their divine alignment

JB my description of what is a Protestant isn't meant to be defined as what is a religion. My purpose is that I think some might think KKK is a religion because their members are all Protestant so I was trying to show that being Protestant itself isn't a religion and that the members of the KKK are actually members of several different religions, all of them Protestant in nature.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 17th Sep, 2004 - 9:50am

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Ku Klux Klan - KKK

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,