Scientology - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 8th Jun, 2007 - 6:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Top  Scientology Church of Scientology
Post Date: 18th Sep, 2004 - 11:01am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Scientology

SCIENTOLOGY: CHURCH NOW CLAIMS MORE THAN 8 MILLION MEMBERS

The Church of Scientology is 50 years old this year, having survived its skeptics and detractors, an investigation by the Internal Revenue Service and John Travolta's box-office flop, "Battlefield Earth," based on a science fiction novel by the church's founder L. Ron Hubbard. Ref. Source

Scientology
Scientology (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
19th Sep, 2004 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

Scientology

I tried to read the book, Dianetics, a few years ago. I could not get past the first dozen pages or so. It was very confusing. I know that scientology is very popular with the Hollywood crowd. John Travolta did a movie a while back called Phenomenon; The main character (John Travolta) observes a strange light on his birthday at a bar. The following days he becomes very intelligent and puts the intelligence to good use in his community. When word gets around he becomes known as a freak and everyone wants to figure out why this happened to a car mechanic. The government also wants to get their hands on it to put it to other uses.
This movie has been called a scientology recruitment film and a modern analogy of the life of Christ. Personally I think it's a good movie just a bit far fetched. I don't think that scientology is a religion. I'm not sure what it is actually, but if it doesn't hurt anyone I don't mind if people want to call it a religion. I am curious as to what everyone else here thinks.

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2004 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

Scientology
A Friend

Scientology Beliefs Religious General

L Ron had some deep thoughts one day and decided to write them down. Later he organized them and discovered on his own that there is a spirit. They have churches all over the place and they worship through their own spiritual nature. And they have ceremonies. That makes them a religion I guess. I wish I knew more about it myself. They go along the idea self enlightenment. If you meditate and it feels right then it is right. You know power of the mind. I wonder if they think L. Ron is their prophet or something. I don't know if they really think of themselves as a religion. I think they just tell everyone that to get recruits or help everyone understand. It is growing fast. I think they think they have an alien connection, maybe they do. I have read a little on Dienetics and I didn't feel any love there. They are like any other religion they think they are the enlightened ones. That movie did have a recruit feel to it. That is what I was thinking. But it was a good movie. I liked battlefield earth too. I like all the scientology based movies and the actors. I wonder if any of them would actually die for their belief. You take any religion in the world. Especially christians and muslims. they would gladly die for their religion. I mean look we have been killing each other for centuries in the name of god/allah. I think I will read more up on the scientoligists.

20th Nov, 2004 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Scientology

I began to read dianetics a very long time ago, and when I realized that it pretty much stated that our minds are like the mother board of our computer type lifes, I gave up. It gave the idea that you could program yourself this way and that way, actually taking what a cult does - explaining it to you outright - and hoping you want a part of it.

Not for me.

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2005 - 11:57am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Scientology

SCIENTOLOGY CENTER OPEN IN SALT LAKE'S DOWNTOWN

The Church of Scientology will open a new mission downtown today, with a public ribbon cutting event at 1 p.m. and remarks by Rep. Curt Oda, R-Clearfield.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com

11th Jan, 2007 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

Scientology

If you just happen to be in Jefferson City MO over the next few weeks, this truly does seem to be a interesting exhibit put on by the Scientologists.

On Thursday and Friday, the state Capitol Rotunda will host an exhibit titled "The Industry of Death." If you"re thinking it's about time an expose about corporate chicken farming came to the Capitol, you"ll be sadly disappointed. However, if you believe that psychiatrists and the entire psychiatric profession are part of a secret plan for world domination developed in part by Adolf Hitler, then it's time to load the kids in the car for a day of fun at the Capitol.

https://www.columbiatribune.com/2007/Jan/20070109Comm001.asp

Interestingly enough, there are claims that Psychiatrists deliberately kill 10,000 people annually and that they are to blame for 9/11. The more I find out about this "religion", the stranger it seems to me.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please learn how to use the Quote Tags. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2007 - 10:14am / Post ID: #

Scientology
A Friend

Scientology

If you want to find out a bit more about the mind of the creator of scientology - L.Ron Hubbard, search for "Xenu" on wikipedia - you will find it interesting to say the least, even though most scientologists have since refuted what is mentioned in the article.

You could also check out the link between L.Ron Hubbard and Alistair Crowley, or by visiting www.conspiracyarchive.com. All of this is very interesting- I can't say much more on this as Scientologists would find it quite offensive, even though it is just opinion.

I have heard that some places in America are becoming like entire communities of scientologists in which non-scietologist residents are begining to feel alienated... has anyone had any experience of this?

8th Jun, 2007 - 6:52am / Post ID: #

Scientology General Religious Beliefs

I've heard of Scientology but don't know much about it. But to answer your question, Nickson, I've never heard of any communities here becoming entirely Scientologist. I think that might be the "cult busters" at work.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Scientology

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,