D & D RPG Review Closed - Page 9 of 9

Thanks I am always happy to get feedback good - Page 9 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 30th Jun, 2013 - 10:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 9 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 
Closed
25th Mar, 2013 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

D & D RPG Review Closed - Page 9

I have to agree with Brunconero on the part of the stats for the monsters being put in the post. I understand it's for you to remember it but it allows the players to easily Meta-game("Oh that guy has only 7 hit points left, I'm going to change enemies and kill that guy.)

Is there a way you could just put the monster stats on a word document, and refer to it during battles? You can always make changes to it for the different encounters.

Sponsored Links:
25th Mar, 2013 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Closed Review RPG and D

I know it could sound like blasphemy in the technological era, but I have everything on paper: maps, encounters, NPCs, timelines, random encounters and random events table, character sheets and player profiles (yup, like the Fbi! It will help me to better balance the game in the future. Trick from old times).
Is more easy if I have my notes next to the pc when I post.

I think you should give far less informations on the monsters. No need to tell the players if a bite is poisonous or not. Also duration of things, and property of items. Sgtlee has Detect Magic: force him to cast it! You are right to help them on things they can't discover but force them to do by themselves what they can. He could discover EVERYTHING about that broach alone. I know he didn't do it but that's not your problem.
I know why you do it, Kit. You put a lot of effort and spent hours, there's a lot of easter eggs and great things that you can't wait for them to discover. But if you play for them now, you will have to do it always. Is normal: in an adventure you will use less than 50% of what you prepared. Hidden items will not be discovered, puzzles will not be solved whole areas and plotlines will remain only in your mind. My beasts, for instance. Why I have to tell you what they were if one of the party members didn't even mind to roll on his Knowledge (Nature)? Or I have to ask him if he wants to roll? Why? He saw the others rolling.

Back to the topic: is very easy to improve your combat phase. Just put all the data in a Word file and it will be ok.

I hope I gave an example to the players. If you like the game, let her know. If you have constructive criticism add it as well. KittenPunk always asked for feedback so I'm sure she will appreciate it.

16th Jun, 2013 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

D & D RPG Review Closed Reviews RPG & Card Board

international QUOTE (Canabusis)
Finally found the settings and rules thread! I looked for 3 days

KittenPunk, as has been mentioned here: How To Be A Game Master / Dungeon Master please link to what you ask your Players to do rather than expect them to find it on their own, some of them do need that help.

20th Jun, 2013 - 5:46am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Closed Review RPG and D

I don't know if I am allowed to post a comment here for you kittenpunk. But I would just like to say that after figuring out the order of this site's/games thread posting, I have read a lot in the settings and rules, the character approval thread and observing the "In game" Thread. I personally think you've done a masterful job in providing information and detail to all aspects of the game. You've done a wonderful job. A+ Thank you as well. (I hope I'm allowed to post this here and I hope it was the proper place to post such a comment.)

24th Jun, 2013 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Closed Review RPG and D

KittenPunk, I will like to say that you have been very helpful on trying to provide the first time players on Dungeons & Dragons information on how the game works. Myself, as a first time Dungeons & Dragons player on a game, I have learned a lot of information on how Dungeons & Dragons works especially combat and dice rolling and finally I have got the hang of it because of your help. I think you have done a very good job on being a helpful and good GM on your game that I find it is nice. Thank you.

30th Jun, 2013 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

D & D RPG Review Closed

I know that I have already given a review, but I have to add to it because I've been going back and reading the in game thread that I find your maps and descriptions wonderful. They really add to the depth of the game. You have really put a lot of time and energy into this and I'd like to thank you for that. It really helps new players coming into the game get a better insight as to what may lay ahead.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2013 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

D & D RPG Review Closed
A Friend

D & RPG Review Closed - Page 9

Thanks I am always happy to get feedback good and bad. So, if there is any bit of the game you just can't live with out more of you think I need to look at changing a bit always feel free to tell me about it.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: D & D RPG Review Closed

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,