Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval - Page 28 of 33

Weirdworld, If you want to play a martial - Page 28 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Jun, 2013 - 5:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

07th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 33 pgs.  24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32  ...Latest (33) »
Closed
Post Date: 22nd May, 2013 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval - Page 28

I have arrived. Sorry, my space cruiser ran out of battery power on the way over. I am aware that I will be taking over and re-spec'ing the Monk, yes?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd May, 2013 - 11:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Approval Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons

Yes the monk. His name is Praos. He was a PC and abandoned a month a go. I did not want to just kill him off. Thanks for taking on him you can make [minor] changes to him but if you don't mind the name has to stay the same. He is called Praos. I sent you a direct link to his character stats in the early part of this thread. [I'll] let you know what items he has on him in a moment take a look at the character sheet and let me know if there is any minor things you want to change on him before you take him over. I have been playing his personally mostly as a book worm this if for plot stuff. But you can define his personality how you like as you play him, you might like to back read some of the game to see how he has been run. I got your email about the setting thanks for reading it before joining.

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2013 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Hey KP, Sorry, I Haven't finished up the re-spec for Praos yet. Life like to happen in droves at times. I'll get it happening as soon as I can.(hopefully, within a day or 25. Joking)

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2013 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 28 Approval Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons

That is [great]! I can't wait to have one less NPC to deal with. Oh by the way John I will need you to have that draft or re-right whether your calling it in before end of the week. Including the full right up of the loot off the pages I listed on that E-mail. Thanks again for putting in so much work so I did not just have to kill off another character. I know you have been busy with the kids getting off for the summer, now that things are relaxing a bit I hope you can post more regularly. I am trying really hard to run a tight ship here, please help by staying active as much as you can.

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2013 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Approval Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons

Player weirdworld
Name Ros Greyjoy
Race Human

Starting Class
Fighter 3

Hit points 31
Alignment Chaotic Neutral
6' Blond/brown hair, Blue eyes, weight:160, full nautical tattoo sleeve on the left arm. BaseAttackBonus 3

Fortitude 3 + 3 = 6
Will 1 + 1 = 2
Reflex 1 + 4 = 5
Initiative 4 +
Melee 3 + 2 = 5
Ranged 3 + 4 = 7

Strength 15 2
Dexterity 18 4
Constitution 16 3
Intelligence 16 3
Wisdom 12 1
Charisma 14 2

Money pp7 gp 666 sp 3

Skills

Balance 2 + 4 = 6
Diplomacy 2 + 2 = 4
Escape artist 4 + 4 = 8
Forgery 2 + 3 = 5
Handle animal 4 + 2 = 6
Listen 2 + 1 = 3
Ride 3 + 4 = 7
Speak language 3 +
Spot 4 + 1 = 5
Survival 2 + 1 = 3
Swim 1 + 2 = 3
Tumble 1 + 4 = 5

Specials

Agile
Alertness
Armor proficiency medium
Armor proficiency heavy
Combat expertise
Combat reflexes
Shield proficiency
Tower shield proficiency

Languages:

Common
Dwarven
Elven
Orc

Dagger 1d4 (1)
Sword, bastard 1d10 (1)
Full plate +8 (1)
Shield, tower (1)
Armor spikes (1)
Gauntlet, locked (1)
Shield spikes (1)
Backpack 2lb (1)
Bedroll 5lb (1)
Bell (1)
Bottle (1)
Candle (10) (1)
Chalk (10) (1)
Crowbar 5lb (1)
Fishing net 5lb (1)
Rations 1lb (2)
Waterskin 4lb (1)
Whetstone 1lb (1)
Climber's kit 5lb (1)
Guard dog (1)

As a teen Ros took up a life of crime quickly. Desperate to feed his poor mother he served drinks and cleaned the decks on a pirate vessel. When his family mother died he took up permanent residence on the ship. The crew adorned his body with nautical tattoos depicting Krakens and sea dragons and taught him how to use both sword and shield. Over time he learnt Dwarf, Elvish and Orc from the local port towns he visited. Slowly gaining trust amongst the crew he made his way through the ranks until he was first mate to Captain Bonodeen himself. Just before the age of 20, Ros' ship was attack by some form of sea beast and he was knocked overboard. He washed up on some strange shore unknown to him and has spent the past 10 years trying to rebuild his life working as a mercenary in the large citys with my trusty guard dog Bob.

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2013 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Here's my draft of the re-spec of Praos. I didn't change anything about the story or wish list or Nightmare creature. They're fine with me. This is with updated list of equipment the character has already received.

Character: Praos
Class: Monk
Level: 3
Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Religion: Fusru

Strength: 16/+3
Dexterity: 16/+3
Constitution: 16/+3
Intelligence: 15/+2
Wisdom: 17/+3
Charisma: 14/+2

Fortitude: 3+3=6
Reflex: 3+3=6
Will: 3+3=6

Hit Points: 28
Initiative: 3+4=7
Base Attack Bonus: +2
Melee: 2+3=5
Ranged: 2+3=5
Grapple: 2+3+5(Amulet)=10
Speed: 30+10(unarmed speed Bonus)=40

Money: 5C-2S-0G

Armor Class: 10+3+3+1=17/18 w/dodge
Touch AC 17/18 w/dodge
Flat Footed AC 14

Skills:
Balance: 6+3+2=11
Escape artist: 6+3=9
Knowledge Arcana: 6+2=8
Knowledge Religion: 6+2=8
Sense Motive: 6+3=9
Spot: 6+3=9
Tumble: 6+3=9

Racial Traits:

Language: Common
Movement 30 feet
+4 skill at 1st, +1 after
Extra Feat

Class Features:

Bonus Feat(2)
Flurry of Blows
Improved Unarmed Strike
Evasion
Still Mind

Feats/Specials:

Dexterous dodge
Improved initiative
Improved Grapple(Race Bonus)
Stunning Fist(Monk Bonus)
Combat reflexes(Monk Bonus)

Languages:

Celestial
Common
Draconic

Equipment:
Grey Monks Outfit(trousers, short sleeved vest, sash, woolen boots decorated with the symbol of Fusru, the diamond)
1 small sack w/1 days rations(bread, meat)
1 Water Skin
1 Leather Belt
4 Belt Bags
1 Broken Sling w/9 Stones
1 Glowing Crystal
Journal I
Journal XII
1 Wooden Dish
3 Spears(1D6, x3, 20ft.)
12 Shurikens(1dmg, x2, 10 ft.)
Rope of Climbing
Amulet of Mighty Fists +5
Gloves of Exceptional Strike
Ring of Jumping
Ring of Invisibility

Wishlist :
Monk's belt
Dusty Rose/Incandescent Blue Ioun Stone
Periphat of Wisdom
If you allow it: Necklace of Natural Armor

-Daily Clothing :
Grey monk outfit (trousers, short sleeved vest, sash, woolen boots decorated with the symbol of Fusru, the diamond)

Weapon of Choice:
I would prefer to stick with fists(unarmed). Otherwise the nunchaku.

Hidden Items:
Some shurikens in the belt. I always say it is better to have a ranged option than none at all.

Nightmare Creature:
Werewolves. Due to the process it takes to become one and the changes it brings to the individual .

Praos was raised on the slopes of Mount Hon by the members of one of the few remaining monasteries dedicated to Fusru. Of unknown origins, the clerics claim to have found him as a baby at the base of the mountain, abandoned. He follows the path of the Monk instead of the clergy for the chance to see the rest of the world while traveling. His wish was granted when at the age of 19 he was sent to Florina to be part of the small chapel running there. His rather easy-going personality and his curiosity for tales of lands far off have made him a welcomed part of the area around the chapel. Though he got the chance to see some magnificent sights on his way to Danica's capital and was able to sate his appetite for some time, his now restless spirit longs once again for something new to come.

Reconcile Edited: PotatoKing on 7th Jun, 2013 - 11:53pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Jun, 2013 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval - Page 28

To Weirdworld.
Hello and welcome. I am sorry for the delayed response to your post some how it had slipped past my sight. I am looking over your character right now.
I would like to point out the party in my game right now is overwhelmingly fighter heavy. Would you by chance want to play a cleric or magic caster as the party is centrally with out a healer and on the low ind of magically influenced people.

Small things to take under consideration. No character has started with a stat higher then 17. Your Dexterity 18 would have to be lowered by 1.

Money 0

Skills will have to reflect this change in your Dexterity.

Equipment. My game starts off when you getting arrested and all of your items taken. A list of equipment is not needed.

I do need to know your favored weapon.
Dagger 1d4 (1)
Sword, bastard 1d10 (1)

What god or goddess if any you follow.
What land you come from.
What brought you to the capital city.

There are other specialized questions I need from you but I can tell you did not read over the campaign setting thread with the rules and background information on the world.
I think it might be wise for you to glance over it before posting your 2ed draft or if you want to help balance out the party a character that is not a fighter. But if your set on playing a fighter I will not disallow it.

To PotatoKing.
I'll take a look over the changes to the character you have made and get back to you some time tonight. And thank you again for taking this NPC off my hands.

Wow looked over the transfer, and it looks like you did not change all that much. It looks good and he is approved for you to now take over and play.

Reconcile Edited: KittenPunk on 8th Jun, 2013 - 12:55am

8th Jun, 2013 - 5:36am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 28

Weirdworld,

If you want to play a martial character still, you could try a Barbarian. There are other martial but specialized classes also. Ones like the Ranger, who can be both melee and Ranged well. The Cleric who is melee and magic. The Druid, who can be either melee/range with magics(and a familiar).

Kittens game at the moment has 3 1/2 Fighters, 1 Bard, 1 Ranger, 1 Monk, 1 Rouge, and 1/2 a Sorceress. Our Cleric was just taken out of the game, I think, to put on hold for the Player.

I know in your introduction you said you were new to Dungeons & Dragons, so I will not suggest a hard class like Wizard or Sorcerer, or Bard to learn. I'm sure that's why you picked Fighter, that class is one of the easiest.

The other easy ones to learn are Barbarian, and Ranger. The next level up would be Rouge, and Cleric.

I hope this helps you and if you need more, just ask here. Also this site has enough info to help create a character. You can find it here, Source 2

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.