Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval - Page 32 of 33

Looks like Hunnybunny beat me to it. The sorcerer - Page 32 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Jun, 2013 - 12:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 33 pgs.  28 29 30 31 32 33 
Closed
28th Jun, 2013 - 7:35am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval - Page 32

Thank you Kittenpunk although I will try to pose my questions for in game instances, Support I'm not a fighter in any of my Role-playing Games though. So I will continue looking for the proper place to post the proper question. Thank you though.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2013 - 8:11am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval
A Friend

Approval Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons

No big deal, feel free to ask me anything you need to know. Okay.
Also you may wish to Look things up, searching the net there are endless resources for Dungeons & Dragons out there and while I can't refer to any by name or link you to them as its against the forum rules I can suggest you take the first step and expand your own base of knowledge with what ever resources you can find.

29th Jun, 2013 - 7:02am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Rather off topic, but...
Hi there, sorry another question, and I'm almost starting to get too scared to ask any! I just seem to make others angry.

I've read the threads explaining this but haven't been able to figure it out and I'm afraid of being belittled because I didn't figure it out. I honestly try to read about how to do the different things required in this game, And I've tried surfing the internet for more information but I don't find what I'm looking for. How do you know what you should put your highest attribute score In for the varying characters? Like you and Hunnybunny told me to put my highest score into wisdom first const second, etc. I've been trying to figure this out by reading the materials provided and by reading threads and searching the internet but have yet to find out how you know this? I want to learn how to make a character right myself.

Rather off topic, but...
And I just want to thank you once again for being so KIND to me and being so helpful. And I really hope this is the appropriate thread to ask. I'm scared to ask anyone else.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2013 - 8:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 32 Approval Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons

No worries. Classes have things like spells or we'll use a cleric for the example because that's what you play in my game. The simple concepts is that the stats strength, dexterity, and constitution deals with the body (Often the three physical stats can be about comeliness) while wisdom, intelligence, and charisma has to deal with the mind and one's own awareness.

Strength is how strong you are your ability in combat with melee weapons impacted by this skill. It is important for fighters and monks to have a skill of strength because they are classes whom deal with the front lines of combat more often then not.

Dexterity is how agile you are this is best for rangers and thieves or people whom use a bow.

Constitution
This affects your health and your resistance a tank of a fighter needs to have this in order to take many blows. This state also affects your saves making you able to defeat exposure to poisons and other toxins with a higher immune system.

Intelligence affects your skills and how many you have because it is the state of learning and how well you picked up on things you where shown how to do or by watching others do them.

Wisdom is the ability to hold information and recall it a perfect thing for the book learned spell casters whom want to use magic and have the strength of the mind behind their words and powers.

Charisma determines how you can interact with others, a knight might like to be dashing but more so he will want his words to have power not the way a spellcasters wound but with the ability to convince persuade intimidate or use diplomacy he is the leader and need to carry the charisma of his position in order to have his troops fallow him. But even a hag who is ugly, often has a very high charisma as well. Therefore, charisma is the ability of persuasion and charm.

Lets look at your cleric now in a finer glance and with your character's stats.

Strength: 11
You are no stronger then the average persons perhaps even below average but not by much. While people stronger then you would of taken on the heavy lifting or taking up a skill in combat you where given tasks that required a keen mind and not the use of musicals as strength.

Dexterity: 12
You are of average dexterity, able to run and jump with out being particularly good but also not bad at it.

Constitution:15
You are above average in your ability to take a blow. You do not fall as easy as others. Seeing as it is your job to keep the others up you need to be more hardy and stay up while in the act of keeping the others on there feet as well.

Intelligence:15
You are above average in picking up on new information you learn fast and can read people you were always smart but perhaps not the smartest person you have ever met your intelligence is slightly higher then many of the people you have grown up with.

Wisdom: 17
You are wise and way above average. You are not the wisest people in the land but you then recall on information with grace and cast with the skill of many young magic caster who went on to do great things. You can use this base of information as common since getting a read on some one and recalling on information of similar topics in order to piece things together on things you may not of directly studied. Intelligence is the ability to learn, but wisdom is the understanding of what you learn. While a child is told not to put a key in a light socket and told them they would be shocked, but until they get burned all they have is intelligence. A book smart person with many degrees in college has no hope on living in the real world unless they have the ability to apply wisdom in understanding things.

Charisma: 13
You are above average looking. You were not seen as ugly but not as the prettiest in the village you are a good looking woman and still are. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. You have to pour on the charm to persuade just like any other person but at the same time you can still use your words to gain favor it just takes a bit of work and sometimes you fail just like any other normal person might. However, beauty isn't everything, valley girls that think they're so hot and sexy and made of plastic like barbie dolls may have a charisma of 6 because of their inability to treat others with respect. So in all due course, charisma isn't about looks, it's about personality.

I hope this helps you understand why some classes unofficially and not stated anywhere in the rule books tend to have some stats that are just a highlight for them in order to make them more useful based off the skills they have with in that class. And why we suggested a order of importance that most people use for your character

29th Jun, 2013 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Approval Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons

Is it the same order for attributes within all spell casters? Cleric, sorcerer, and wizard? Or do they vary with the different methods of spell casting? I know its a little off subject but I'm unsure how to determine, because sorcerers prepare spells like clerics and wizards have to rememorize their given spells from their spell book right? I have not been able to find such threads of discussion and cannot find a reference to that. And again I'm afraid of asking someone else. You explain things on a level in which I can understand clearly the intended meaning. Thank you SO MUCH! I really don't mean to be a pain. I enjoy playing and the more I know and understand the better a player I will become.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2013 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

No pain at all but your clear cut answered response will have to wait until I have time tonight. Sorry for the inconvenience but I have to work today and won't have an abundance of time till tonight to compile you a answer.

PS. You and I where posting at same time in my game and there is a large update right after your post.

Reconcile Edited: KittenPunk on 29th Jun, 2013 - 6:27pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2013 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval - Page 32

Cani, the sorcerer and bard uses charisma to power their spells. They also can cast any spell without preparation. The wizard, cleric, and druid all has to prepare their spells. However, while the Cleric and Druid needs wisdom to power their spells, the wizard needs intelligence to do the same thing.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2013 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 32

Looks like Hunnybunny beat me to it.

The sorcerer and bard uses charisma to power their spells. I have not played a Sorcerer for over 10 years, but I can tell you having played a Bard before and at this time playing one in a game around the table with my friends, that there spells really relay on charisma. Because, as performers they must be able to captivate the person they are playing or singing for. Think of the last time you saw music played live it did not mater as much if they where the best music you have ever herd but you could feel the love and hearth they put in to it as the sound washed over the room. There is a bard int he party it is Haru so when you get affected by his songs think of this type of magic the way live music can get in to your hart and mind.

Yes the Sorcerer and the Bard can cast any spell without preparation, as a sorcerer you are limited to pick from the ones you know, and as a bard you are also limited to the ones you have acquired a copy of the songs of and learned, thus the ones you know. Izumi is part fighter and part Sorcerer, she needs to have the right items in her spell components bag in order to cast using the physical items she needs to do the spell she wants.

The wizard, cleric, and druid all has to prepare their spells. The cleric can pick from any spell out there for the cleric and memorize it int he morning with there prayers.your playing a cleric so at the morning of everyday your cleric will have to pick the list of spells she will have memorized for the day.

The wizard needs to have a spell book to memorize spells they don't know from their mind, a book is a good way to get around the max number of spells they can store in memory. If you ever see a wizened get there book out on a battle field their doing something big and boom, and you might want to clear the area. Their books can do a lot to super power them too.

And, having never played a druid I can't comment a lot on it without more research. But they get some cool things its one of the class I hope the next person to join my game might consider as it will force me to learn more about the class.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your Post to ensure you use the correct word meaning is used. For instance: "There", "Dear", "Their", etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

+  « First of 33 pgs.  28 29 30 31 32 33 

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.