Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval - Page 6 of 33

I am still doing the math for your skill points. - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Jan, 2013 - 3:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 33 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (33) »
Closed
3rd Jan, 2013 - 9:21am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval - Page 6

Draft 2....now with Back story. (Oooooh)

Character Name: Izumi (Tsuyoi) Karro -Tsuyoi is her Maiden Name
Race: Human
Class: Fighter 2/Sorceress 1
Size: M
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Religion: De Bar Ren
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 154
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Skin Tone: Fair
Distinguishing Marks: She has a tattoo over her left collarbone of a rising sun, she almost always wears her hair in Micro Braid Dreadlocks

Strength: 17(+3)
Dexterity: 13(+1)
Constitution: 15(+2)
Intelligence: 14(+2)
Wisdom: 16(+3)
Charisma: 17(+3)

Speed: 30 Feet
Initiative: +1
Grapple: +3
Light Load: 86 pounds
Medium Load: 87-173 pounds
Heavy Load: 174-260 pounds
Max Lift over Head: 520 pounds
Max Push/Drag: 1,300 pounds
Hit Points:28
Armor Class: 12(13 with Dodge Selected)
Touch AC: 12/13
Flat-Footed AC: 11

Fortitude: +5
Reflex: +1
Will: +5
Base Attack Bonus: +2

Racial Traits: 1 extra feat at first level, +4 skill points at first level- +1 every level after

Class Features:
Fighter- 2 Bonus Feats, proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields).
Sorceress- Summon Familiar, Spells, proficient with all simple weapons.

Feats:
Dark Ancestry- Dark Vision 60 ft., +5 Resist Fire
Dexterous Dodge- Dodge Feat, +1 AC
Combat Reflexes
Combat Casting-+4 to Concentration checks to cast a spell while on the defensive
Quick Draw-can draw a weapon as a free action

Languages: Common(Human), Elvin, Dwarven

Class Skills 6/3

Bluff: 6 (Rank 3)
Climb: 5 (Rank 2)
Craft: 3 (Rank 1)
Concentrate: 5 (Rank 3)
Handle Animal: 5 (Rank 2)
Intimidate: 7 (Rank 4)
Jump: 5 (Rank 2)
Knowledge (Arcana): 5 (Rank 3)
Profession(Butcher): 6 (Rank 3)
Ride: 3 (Rank 2)
Spellcraft: 5 (Rank 3)
Swim: 5 (Rank 2)

Spells Per Day
0 Level: 5
1 Level: 3+1

Spells Known
0 Level: 4
1 Level: 2

0 Spells:
Detect Poison
Daze
Ghost Sound
Mage Hand

1 Spells
Mage Armor
True Strike

Familiar: I'm not choosing one at the moment since you are setting us in the prison, and my character would probably been taken with out her familiar. No?

Weapon of Choice: Mercurial Longsword - Dmg 1D10, Crit x3, Wt. 6 Lbs., Type Slashing
Izumi does carry her weapon with her mostly hitched on a belt and scabbard when she does anything that doesn't involve work. At work she leaves it in the shop behind the counters. Nowadays, it is really only a reminder of her youth for she hasn't had to wield it with any more purpose than to practice.

Daily clothing: Socks, Boots, Leather Breeches, Belt, Shirt, Vest, Gloves, Butchers Apron

Hidden Items: Various small thin daggers(width of a pinkie finger) placed within the braids of her hair. Four blades.

Nightmare Creature: Beholder

Wish List:

1.)Ioun Stone: Clear/Spindle/Sustains creature without food or water/4,000 gp

2.)Circlet of Persuasion: This silver headband grants a +3 competence bonus on the wearer's Charisma-based checks

3.)Robe of the Archmagi(White, or Grey): This normal-appearing garment can be white (01-45 on d%, good alignment), gray (46-75, neither good nor evil alignment), or black (76-100, evil alignment). Its wearer, if an arcane spellcaster, gains the following powers.
+5 armor bonus to AC.
Spell resistance 18.
+4 resistance bonus on all saving throws.
+2 enhancement bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance.

4.)Invulnerable Coat: The Invulnerable Coat is a +5 chain shirt of heavy fortification. It grants its wearer damage reduction 10/epic and resistance 20 against acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic energy. If the wearer can turn undead, treat the wearer as having +4 class levels for purposes of caster level, turning undead, smiting evil, and laying on hands.

Backstory:

Izumi was the eldest of seven children born to her parents. She lived in a small Desert oasis town in Sand-Da Bar. It was an uneventful place to live, everything exciting usually happened in the city nearby or the next town over. Most higher paying jobs were of being either a merchant of the cities, or a mercenary for hire. Her father was such a mercenary, he'd would only be home for a little time each year before he had to leave for his next payment opportunity. Her mother worked in the towns Tavern and Inn and was quite busy as well. This led them to have to rely on their eldest to care for things and the people at home, even if she didn't want to.

The years went slowly for Izumi having to care for her brothers and sisters. She was mother and father to them, she was teacher, protector, and healer. She had to learn everything as she went along then had to turn around and teach the others, all the while desiring to be just as carefree and child like as they were. When her mother was killed during a brawl at the Tavern she worked at, Izumi grew angrier at her situation. When her father came home after hearing of his wives death, the situation did not get better. He fell to depression and drink, and in the very Tavern that took Izumis mother from her. One night as he had left her to care for everything again, she told the eldest boy who was the third born to watch everyone and that she was going to get father. With that Izumi grabbed her cloak and left for the Tavern.

Izumi found her father exactly where she knew he was. She walked into the Tavern, and without a word she pulled her fathers chair out from under him and fell upon him kicking, punching and screaming at him about how he's not the one dead, and how neither are his children. The surprise family fight turned into a battle between her and her drunkard father. Each giving as good as they got, they were exchanging blow for blow. At one point, Izumi grabbed a tankard of Ale and hit her father over the head, and he was knocked out. No one in the Tavern or the Inn dared get in between these two and their dispute knowing full well what happened to their family here. When her father came to tempers were calmer. Each knew where the other was coming from, and he apologized for all he and her mother had put upon her. Izumi then surprised her father by stating that she wanted to go and find her own life for herself, as a mercenary. It was then her fathers turn to surprise her. He unbuckled his belt pulled off his sheathed sword and held it in front of her, and began to tell her a story. "This was your fathers sword for many years, and it was my fathers sword before me, ad his fathers as well. You, my strong willed child, are descended from great men. Men who defended the lands from the Co-Stay Armada and it's plans for chaos and death. This sword has seen each of us in battle, through wars, and home again...and I, my Izumi, now present it to you for your fights to come." Her father sighs, "I will have to make a new way of making money at home. Speaking of that, we should go, the others are probably worryingly waiting for us. Tomorrow, I will help you pack for your new journey, you will say your goodbyes to the others, and I will take you to the Mercenaries camp nearby to help get you on your way." With that father and daughter walked home hand in hand discussing everything from the past to what the future may hold for them both.

The next day everything went as her father said it would. At the mercenary camp, the men there were saddened that they were losing a good member, but honored they gained a new recruit from such a great warrior, and of his blood. They inducted and trained Izumi quickly because she took to the training with no amount of slowness to learn. Soon after joining as a recruit, she made membership. With membership she received a tattoo of the Mercenary Unit upon her left collarbone of an orange and yellow rising sun. She was part of a 4-6 man team of adventurers assigned jobs of everything from accompanying caravans between Cities, to helping guard towns from bandits. Every time she would come back from a job, she would tell the paymaster to send 70% of her earnings to her father and her siblings. He did so willingly and thought well of the honorable girl of an honorable man. Eight years into the Mercenary Unit Izumi met the man she would one day marry. Den Karro, had started life in the Kingdom of Danica, he became a guard for the Kingdoms Merchant Caravans there. They met when the caravan he was guarding was attacked and Izumis party came upon the fight and helped defeat the bandits trying to steal from the Caravan.

Nine years after signing up with the Mercenaries, Izumi requested the leaders for her release. The leaders were saddened that they were going to lose the daughter of a great warrior, but they understood that all things come to an end. They allowed her release, but after the offer for her that they would be honored if she ever returned. They kept her on the list of reserved members in good standing. Before she left for her future in Danica, one of the elders of the Mercenary Unit called her to his tent. He rewarded her with a pouch of mixed coin for her service, and regaled her with his wonderment of her and her fathers ability to spot trouble before any others did at times, especially at night. He then went on to note that he's only seen that keen of eye in elves and dwarves before. He stated that he personally would miss her presence for she lit the whole group up when she was around, and had the ability to keep all spirits lifted even in horrid conditions. He then hugged her, and congratulated her on her next adventure in life and bade her farewell.

Izumi arrived in Danica after hooking up with the caravan in and meeting Den on the road. There in Danica, Den and Izumi wed, and started up a Butcher Shop with the money the elder gave Izumi. The Shop became well known through word of mouth of both Dens and Izumis contacts in the Caravan and the Mercenaries alike. People were coming to buy their meat and hide and leather goods from all over. They had enough business that some of Izumis siblings came to work the shop with them, and others even opened other shops in other cities in Sand-Da Bar, Crystal Crest, and the Western Tropics. With her siblings help at the Shop in Danica, Izumi and Den had time to start a family, and so they did.

Now, at 42, with a son at the age to want to go find himself as well(not to mention a daughter not too far behind), Izumi is waiting for the day she can relinquish the family sword to him. One day her son, named Haru after his grandfather, disappeared on a delivery in Danica. Izumi had gone to the people he delivered to personally to hear what they know, if anything. They knew nothing but rumors of others starting to go missing as well. Izumi went to the royal court to get further information from someone there...and hasn't returned home.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2013 - 9:27am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval
A Friend

Approval Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons

Alright, approved!

Please wait for your queue to come in to game. I will be [writing] it, right now.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2013 - 11:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Dear players,

We where [granted] [an] informant storage box for your character sheet to be seen along side the in game forms posts. I saw many of you took my example posted in my own character sheet display box and began to post yours. This is [great].
As you fill them in please use the layout I offered as an example in mine, I want them so [eery?] ones is the same format so that they are easy to reference and read.

I am making one small change to this format, I have already changed it on my example but, I will put it here also.

Please if you have already put the information in make the small change. And, if you have not or did not use the example format, filing in the information would be greatly appreciated.

The small change to the example format is under skills. Rather then only listing skills with ranks in them, please list all skills your class can use, along with the kills you bought ranks in.

Also please list the math next to them rather then the ranks only.

"Skills: all skills your char can use.
Skill name # of ranks+ # of Modifier = #"

Such as:
Swim 4+3+7

The 4 is the # of rank's you have in this skill the 3 is the modifier for the attribute the skill uses and 7 is the # that gets added to your roll when you use the skill.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your Post to ensure you use the correct word meaning is used. For instance: "There", "Dear", "Their", etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

4th Jan, 2013 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Approval Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons

If there is still room here is a character please let me know what I need to change.

Name: Elrik Sal'din
Male Wood Elf Cleric 3
Chaotic Good
Er-u Tan

Strength 17 (+3)
Dexterity 14 (+2)
Constitution 10 (+0)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 16 (+3)
Charisma 10 (+0)

Size: Medium
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 145 lb
Skin: Light
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blond Straight; Beardless

Domains: Air Healing
Energy: Positive [Healing / Turns Undead]

Total Hit Points: 18
Speed: 20 feet [armor]
Armor Class: 17 = 10 +6 [banded] +1 [dexterity in armor]

Touch AC: 11
Flat-footed: 16
Initiative modifier: +2 = +2 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +3 = 3 [base]
Reflex save: +3 = 1 [base] +2 [dexterity]
Will save: +6 = 3 [base] +3 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +5 = 2 [base] +3 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +5 = 2 [base] +3 [strength]
Attack (missile): +4 = 2 [base] +2 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +5 = 2 [base] +3 [strength]

Light load:86 lb. Or less
Medium load:87-173 lb.
Heavy load:174-260 lb.
Lift over head:260 lb.
Lift off ground:520 lb.
Push or drag:1300 lb.

Languages: Common, Elven

Composite Longbow [1d8, crit x3, range incr. 100 ft., 3 lb, piercing]
Spiked Chain [2d4, crit x2, 10 lb., two-handed, piercing]
Banded mail [heavy; +6 AC; max dex +1; check penalty -6; 35 lb.]

Feats:
Combat Casting
Exotic Weapon Proficiency Weapon: Spiked Chain

Traits:
Skill Name Key Ability Skill Modifier Ability Modifier Ranks Misc. Modifier
Diplomacy Cha 1 = +0 +1
Heal Wis 4 = +3 +1
Knowledge (nature) Int 1 = +0 +1
Knowledge (religion) Int 2 = +0 +2
Listen Wis 6 = +3 +1 +2 [elf]
Ride Dex 3 = +2 +1
Search Int 2 = +0 +2 [elf]
Spot Wis 5 = +3 +2 [elf]
Survival Wis 4 = +3 +1

Zero-level Cleric spells: 4 per day
First-level Cleric spells: 3 (2+1) per day +1 from a domain:
Second-level Cleric spells: 2 (1+1) per day +1 from a domain:

Wood Elf:
+2 dexterity / +2 strength / -2 constitution / -2 intelligence (already included)
Immune to magical sleep
+2 racial bonus to saves vs. Enchantments
Low-light vision
Proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow & shortbow
+2 racial bonus on listen, search, and spot checks
Notice secret doors

Cleric:
Alignment Aura
Spontaneous Casting (heal)
Turn Undead (3x/day)
High wisdom gains bonus spells daily
Domain choices give additional abilities

Class HP rolled
Level 1: Cleric 8
Level 2: Cleric 5
Level 3: Cleric 5

Elrik Sal'din's Equipment:
Arrows (quiver of 20) x1
Backpack
Blanket, winter x1
Candle
Case (for map or scroll)
Flint and steel
Ink vial
Ink pen
Parchment sheets x9
Pouch x3
Rations (1 day) x1
Sacks x1
Sealing wax
Sewing needle
Signet ring
Vial (for ink or potions) x2
Waterskins x1
Healer kit
Holy symbol (wooden)
Spell component pouch

About Elrik:
"Yt In-ved, Fo" Er-u Tan" ="Divinity of Nature"

Elrik's was born in The Forest of Dogwood during the hundred year war. His family like many other non-humans joined the battle against Co-stay. Many died during this war, but it was not until after the war ended that Elrik felt the horrors of the war. As a small child of only 35 he was hunting in the woods and fell into a small cave and fell sick, there was a small pocket of Red Mist trapped within the cave. While he layed unconcous with fever his family traveled to The Kingdom of Danica capital of Florana to drink for its healing springs. His family after sometime was able to get to one of the fabled healing springs and save young Elrik's life. Elrik's family stayed within the Kingdom of Danica afraid that the illness would return if they would leave the area of the healing springs. Elrik's love of nature and worship of Er-a Tan have kept him busy within the vast farm lands around Florana. He has lived for more than one hundred years having seen various rulers come and go. He is not a fan of the new King, seeing Ivan's harsh and strick rule as oppressive. He has heard the recent sitings of faires and fey creatures and secretly he has longed to see the Forest of Dogwood again. But, something keeps him in Florana he just can not bring himself to leave.

Appearances:
Elrik looks as if he is a (20 year old) young elf, he is handsome for his people with sharpe features and a strong body. But he is quiet and blunt having spent more time on his own than with civilized people. He wears well worn banded mail armour with the mark of Er-a Tan on the chest. The sickness from the red mist has left red streaks on his back. He has a elven tatoo on his back, a pray to Er-a Tan that loosely translated says "No one knows all the questions to ask, but thru Er-A Tan all answers will be known, such is the Divinity of Nature"

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2013 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Approval Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons

To Felipe
I saw on your character information window for your profile, that you put this down.

"Strength 15 + 2
Dexterity 13 + 1
Constitution 12 + 0
Intelligence 14 + 2
Wisdom 13 + 1
Charisma 14 + 2"

The modifiers are not added on to the states, they are derived from them, so if you don't mind changing that as not to confuse others, this would be how they should read. Also I noted you had the wrong modifier in your constitution.

Strength 15 (2)
Dexterity 13 (1)
Constitution 12 (1)
Intelligence 14 (2)
Wisdom 13 (1)
Charisma 14 (2)

It's okay, this is a easy thing to mistake as a new player.

Also in a skills rolls such as a Dexterity check, only the modifier or # with in the () is added to the roll.

If you have any other questions, please ask I have no problem helping in any way you may need.

To sgtlee

Mike, I am looking over the cleric right now, I'll see if I can get you a timely response on approval or additional information I may need, before you can inter game.

And, welcome to the boards!

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please edit your Post rather than double Post or collect all your thoughts together first before Posting. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2013 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have 4 spaces left in my game after you whom, has now reserved a place as a player pending approval.

Please add 2 to your C, giving you a +1 in your Charisma modifier, and make any changed affected by this.
Also please take a small flaw, one of your eyes is red, the other is the color you picked, this change happened after you cam in contact to the red mist as a kid.

Domains: Air Healing= approved

Composite Longbow = good choice
Spiked Chain = good choice

I am still going over your Skill points, so far everything looks right.

Elrik Sal'din's Equipment list is not needed see post 1 on page one of this thread.

Congratulations on salving the mini quest!
"Yt In-ved, Fo" Er-u Tan"
Prize = 300 exp to start with toward next level, and the other item will be gained in game as part of your "Starting Equipment".

The small patch of red mist was small indeed it was so small it could not devourer you. But, it most certainly got in your system and messed with it, had you not been healed by the waters of Danica you would if died with in the year if not sooner. Your family's worry's that if you leave Danica you would become sick once more was never founded. You would have horrible nightmares of things you could not understand ever since being touched by the red mist. You are also the only known person to ever survive a physical encounter with it. Alchemists would often pester your family to be able to study the marks it left on you.

I require a magic items wish list form you, 3 magic items you wish or hope to one day see in game.
The point of this is for me to get to know you as a player and what your nerd brain dreams about.

I also need to know if you keep any hidden items on you, and if so what? And, where?And, why?

Reconcile Edited: KittenPunk on 4th Jan, 2013 - 2:38pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Jan, 2013 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval - Page 6

Magic Items:
Ring of Elemental Command (Air)--Odd but as a follower of Nature and Air. This would be the perfect boon.

Flaming +2 Spiked Chain called "Force of Nature"

Suit of Elvenchain--every Elf wants a suit of this armor. Elrik covets his elven roots.

Not very inventive or powerful but he is only 3rd level.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2013 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

I am still doing the math for your skill points.

I also need to know if you keep any hidden items on you, and if so what? And, where? And, why?

Where you okay with the small additions to your back story, appearance, and Charisma score?

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 RPG Character Approval

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.