Children Kissing?

Children Kissing - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 29th Oct, 2007 - 8:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2004 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Children Kissing?

You take your child to a friend's house where they meet another child they have not met before. Do you think it is okay if the two children, a girl and boy aged 3, innocently hug and then at some point kiss on their lips quickly? If yes, when should that kind of greeting stop?

Sponsored Links:
27th Sep, 2004 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

Kissing Children

If yes, when should that kind of greeting stop?

I am not sure if I understand your question, you mean at what age that kind of greeting should stop?. If that's what you mean, I cannot think of an specific age but I would say I would personally find off that a child of 5 and older would constantly greet another child with a kiss on their lips, personally I do not like it no matter what age is the child (basic reasons of hygiene and contagious diceases), my son has a friend at pre-school, I saw him hugging her and kissing her but on her cheek, everytime he tells me with a smile that he have her a kiss I always make sure to tell him that it should be done on her cheek and no where else.

11th Oct, 2004 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

Children Kissing? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Most times parents will think that it is cute for kids of that age to hug and kiss like that, including myself. If the behavior persists or becomes a problem at the daycare or school, then I can see discussing it with the child. Otherwise, its harmless, in my opinion. Yes, there is the hygiene/contagious issue, but I think that is an issue regardless, when kids are associating with each other on a daily basis.

12th Oct, 2004 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Kissing Children

On the basis of hygiene and "personal space" issues, I would try to prevent any kissing at all, and for sure NOT on the mouth. When they are so young, it's hard to explain to them the reasons they should not be so affectionate. Don't get me wrong, I think it's absolutely adorable to have two young children hugging and happy to be with each other; it sometimes just goes too far, particularly if one child is uncomfortable with that closeness.

IMO
Roz

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2005 - 10:12am / Post ID: #

Children Kissing?
A Friend

Kissing Children

Its been awhile since anyone posted to this one, so I hope someone reads it. I generally wouldn't have a problem with young children kissing. But what about when two young boys constantly kiss, on the lips? My son always initiates it, but his best friend doesn't seem to mind. I don't have an issue with people being gay, but it looks weird and makes me uncomfortable. Should I stop this behavior, should I see if it stops on its own, and how on earth do I explain why this is not appropriate to a child this young? He is my oldest and whole of the situation took me off guard. undecided.gif

28th Oct, 2007 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

Children Kissing?

I do not think this is acceptable in the least, especially in this world we live in where such things can be taken in the wrong way. Also, as mentioned the passing of diseases makes this very undesirable and not 'cute' at all.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Oct, 2007 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

Children Kissing

I think children innocently showing affection can be cute but kissing on the lips is a bit much especially if its a stranger's kid.

29th Oct, 2007 - 8:48am / Post ID: #

Children Kissing Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

QUOTE (konquererz @ 21-Jan 05, 2:12 AM)
... how on earth do I explain why this is not appropriate to a child this young? He is my oldest and whole of the situation took me off guard. undecided.gif

I am assuming since you said he was your oldest, it is your 6 year old? I have a 6 year old daughter and the boys in her class are affectionate, but usually if the teacher sees any kind of behavior that is inappropriate they will ask them to stop and even notify the parents if it continues, especially in a case where one of them does not like it.

If I were in your situation (which I am not so I don't know if this will be helpful at all) I would explain that kissing on the lips is not appropriate at all--I don't mind my kids getting kisses on the cheek but after they start school it seems out of place. Maybe there are appropriate ways for "guys" to bond that you can tell him about...it seems boys giving other boys hugs is a major deal to some.

Some kids are just overly affectionate. We have a son who has a huge "personal space" issue--I call him my "bubble-popper." Unfortunately though, there are people who are not going to be so kind about it later in life.

Afterthought:
Rather off topic, but...
I can tell when I get too tired--especially when I realize it has been 2 years since someone posted! Sorry about that and I hope you got everything settled with the situation!

Reconcile Edited: AlaskanLDS on 29th Oct, 2007 - 8:53am

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Children Kissing?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,