Mexico Mtc - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Jun, 2013 - 8:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Mormon Missionary Training Center in Mexico City
Post Date: 31st Jan, 2013 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mexico MTC

Missionary surge prompts LDS Church to open new MTC in Mexico

The LDS Church will close a high school* it operates in Mexico City and convert it into an MTC. Ref. Source 4
* Benemerito de las Americas

Sponsored Links:
31st Jan, 2013 - 3:50pm / Post ID: #

MTC Mexico

That's too bad for those attending the Benemerito de las Americas high school, what provisions have been made for them?

1st Feb, 2013 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Mexico MTC Studies Doctrine Mormon

Oh that's sad to hear. I know about the school because it's quite popular so it saddens me to hear about this. I hope the students adapt quickly to whatever plans they have for them.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2013 - 12:14pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

MTC Mexico

Americas High School in Mexico City

For the last 15 years, those associated with Foundation Escalera have gone to Mexico's poorest villages in search of students and awarded them scholarships to attend Benemerito with the overall goal of helping to gradually change a cycle of poverty. Since 1998, Escalera has sent more than 1,200 students to the LDS Church-owned high school. Ref. Source 7

13th Apr, 2013 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

MTC Mexico

From helping families come out of poverty by educating their children to making them missionaries to pay their own way (probably many of them can't even afford it) and make the church rich - real good job, I can see so much socioeconomic solutions in that.

13th Apr, 2013 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Mexico MTC

I don't get it. I don't want to sound critical of the Church but they have the ability and the resources to build any type of infrastructure they wish, why did they touch a high school that has been running since the 1960's and that particularly has been helping children living in extreme poverty? Elder Holland said:

international QUOTE
"I see tears in your eyes," Elder Holland observed. "Tears are the price we pay for sacrifice and love."

Really Elder Holland?

international QUOTE
"Instead of a few hundred educated here each year, many thousands will be trained each year," he said. Source 7

The difference Elder Holland is that the few hundreds you are talking about were in desperate need and the school changed their lives. The thousands you are referring to would come mostly out of the USA and their financial status compared to these Mexican young men and women is not something we can even start comparing.

I am sad you talk about numbers Elder Holland, these are lives.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Apr, 2013 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Mexico MTC

It seems to me Liahona that you're walking a very dangerous path. I find your words towards Elder Jeffrey R. Holland disrespectful, he is an Apostle of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It seems like you are entitled to revelation for the whole Church? These brethren are God's chosen servants and they won't do anything without the Lord's approval.

4th Jun, 2013 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Mexico MTC Mormon Doctrine Studies

international QUOTE
It seems to me Liahona that you're walking a very dangerous path. I find your words towards Elder Jeffrey R. Holland disrespectful, he is an Apostle of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It seems like you are entitled to revelation for the whole Church?

What dangerous path am I walking and how exactly am I being disrespectful towards Elder Holland? Yes, he is an Apostle and I disagree with what he said. Are you saying we are not allowed to disagree with the brethren? The decision the Church took about this particular school was wrong IMO.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mexico MTC

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,