Pen Pals

Pen Pals - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2007 - 8:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
A dying form of written communication among friends?
Post Date: 29th Sep, 2004 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

Pen Pals

With the advancement of technology most people that have been around a computer like to use Email, communities, blogs and other scripts to communicate with others rather than send snail mail, a term that now represents mail that requires stamps. The good old pen and paper seems almost yester year. What about you, did you ever have a pen pal?

LETTERS LINK PEN PALS
See https://www.madison.com/tct/features/index....d=10895&ntpid=0

MADISON, Wisconsin - Five decades of letter writing have established a
strong friendship between Nancy Tippery and Church member Caroll Jensen.
"Carroll and I always knew we had a lot in common," Nancy says. "We're both
women of faith, have an interest in genealogy, and are very dedicated to
our families."

Sponsored Links:
1st Oct, 2004 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Pals Pen

What about you, did you ever have a pen pal?

I had dozens of pen pals in the past from Mexico, Spain, Poland, Germany, Denmark and other countries. It was an awesome experience when I was growing up, it is amazing to learn about the different cultures and stuff. I even talked to them on the phone several times. Nowdays, the internet have made everything so much easier and cheaper!. You can have as many penpals as you want and your letter reaches within seconds. I love to have penpals and it is something that I would like to do again in the near future. smile.gif

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2004 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

Pen Pals
A Friend

Pen Pals UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Oh I am always looking for new penpals I like writing to people

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2004 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Pen Pals
A Friend

Pals Pen

I actually went to this site and now I have a pen pal. His name is Losseny and he is a french speaking African. He is very bright and extremely brilliant, and since we are both bilingual in English and French, we often mix up our letters with both languages. Thanks so much!

Post Date: 14th Jun, 2006 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Pen Pals
A Friend

Pals Pen

From about age 13 to 17 I had a pen pal who I found through a magazine called "Western Horseman."
We both loved to read and write and loved all things horses. She was a very devout Christian, and her letters were 1/2 sermon, 1/4 horses, 1/4 other stuff.
She even sent me a few recorded "letters" on casette!
I would send her pictures of horses I drew.
Her parents were missionaries, or something like that, and she moved quite frequently. In the years we wrote, she lived in Oregon, Thailand, Africa and Texas.
Eventually, we stopped writing when she got married and I went off to college.
I haven't had a pen pal since, internet or otherwise.
She was a beautiful, dear friend. So Angela, if your out there, I still remember you and I know you're doing great things!

15th Jun, 2006 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Pen Pals

I used to belong to a youth pen friend service, and I think it used to cost around 25c and for that you got to choose from around 50 countries, and you could choose whether you wanted to write to a boy or girl. You then got 3 names and addresses, and it was wonderful when your 1st letter arrived back from your new pen friend.

I ended up with pen friends in Egypt, France, Mexico and got a free pen friend in the US. We wrote for years, but eventually they all fizzled out, as we grew from children to young adults, I suppose people find that they want to be spending their time in other ways than writing letters.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Apr, 2007 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

Pen Pals

I remember the good old days when pen pals were a great way to converse with people all over the world. At one time I had over 20 pen pals! Although they were all very interesting, I was forced to make a difficult decision which concerned keeping a certain number of friends and discontinuing to correspond to others. I hated that! Anyway, with the invention of the computer, people find it easier and cheaper to converse with others all over the world. And the best part of using email is, you never receive anything illegible! However, I know for a fact that some people prefer the "snail mail" for the following reasons:

1) They cannot afford to buy a computer.
2) They are not computer literate.
3) They are unable to embrace "change."
4) Less risk involved. For instance, if you wish to stop conversing with a pen pal via letter, just stop writing. But with a computer, there are security risks involved. People may attempt to access your personal information by "hacking" into your computer or they may send you a virus without you being aware of it.

I guess it depends on the individual. If you are a busy person who feels comfortable with computers, then you would appreciate the benefits of using email or blogs, since it saves time, money and also, eliminates the hassle of standing in long queues to purchase stamps.

22nd Aug, 2007 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

Pen Pals Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

I always wanted a pen pal but it never happened. I never knew how to start a correspondence. How did you pick who you wrote to? Was there pen pal agencies that I never know about?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Pen Pals

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,