Significance Of Names

Significance Names - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 1st Oct, 2004 - 9:01pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 1st Oct, 2004 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

Significance Of Names

Humans name their children or themselves by what they usually esteem to be of most importance or meaning to them, however there may be a difference in those who seem to not care much about the weight of a name. For instance there are parents who name their children 'Cain', 'Lucifer', 'Adolph'. etc. Do you think the name of a child should be chosen with the most careful of planning or should it just follow a family trend? In the Bible many were given a new name to represent their covenant with God, for instance; Jacob --> Israel and also Saul --> Paul. In other religious groups the Christian name is lost and another name is taken on. What are your opinions and are you happy with the name you have from a religious and cultural point of view?

Sponsored Links:
1st Oct, 2004 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Names Significance

Do you think the name of a child should be chosen with the most careful of planning or should it just follow a family trend?

I think the name of a child it's extremely important and should be chosen carefully. I do not like though when children are named after a living relative, I do not know why, I think the names should be original.

What are your opinions and are you happy with the name you have from a religious and cultural point of view?

My first name is Maria and from a religious perspective is a very nice and special name, when I first started working at this new school, the Principal told everybody children and teachers that she felt very protected knowing that there was a teacher with the name of the mother of Jesus. I personally do not like the name much because it is too common. undecided.gif My middle name is Soledad and it means 'Solitude', what kind of name is that? why would you want to call your child Solitude?. sad.gif I rather they call me for my shorter version 'Sol' at least it means 'Sun' and something bright that gives warmth smile.gif

> TOPIC: Significance Of Names

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,