Lock Yourself Out

Lock Out - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 14th May, 2006 - 6:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 1st Nov, 2004 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

Lock Yourself Out

I tried to lock myself out of this community once because my replies were so bad on the Welcome board, but the Architect always unlocked it and let me back in wink.gif. Do you tend to lock yourself out of things like the house, the car, the locker, etc.? If you do, why do you think humans are seemingly prone to do this, especially if the consequences can be extremely uncomfortable at times?

Sponsored Links:
2nd Nov, 2004 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Out Lock

I've occasionally locked myself out of things -- my house once or twice, my car a few times. It's just a matter of one's level of distraction, I think. I know I need to take my key out of my car before I lock it, but if I get distracted before I remove the key from the ignition (of if I've left it on the seat or something) I'm locked out.

I now have a car that features an "anti-lock" system for the doors -- if the key is in the ignition, the automatic door locks will not engage! Very cool.

And sometimes we forget the combinations to locks. The human brain can only hold so much! Of course, the "distraction factor" plays here as well, I think.

I hate being locked out, it's so frustrating. It doesn't happen to me very often, and, in fact, I can't remember the last time.

2nd Nov, 2004 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Lock Yourself Out UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Recently, when I was having my car fixed, I received a loaner from the dealership. I usually have my house key and car key on the same chain, but since the loaner key was now on a separate chain, I went out of the house, locking the door behind me. So here I was, I had just taken my wife to work, her house key and mine are locked in the house. Luckily, I had left the back door unlocked so I was able to get in. However, for a moment there, I thought I was either going to have to break the door in or break a window. Lucky for me I didn't have too.

Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2004 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Lock Yourself Out
A Friend

Out Lock

I have locked myself out of every house I have lived in at least twice, sometimes way more.

I have been lucky that most of the time I was able to climb back in through an unlocked window.

Where I am now, my hubby insists that I carry my house keys with me always and keep the doors locked at all times. I really don't see the need ~ we are rural Arizona, not in a city like Chicago or L.A. But for now I keep my keys on me and keep the doors locked. We even have security screen doors, then the metal doors, each door has two locks, a deadbolt and a door knob.

I don't know what I will do if I ever lock myself out of the house here. There is no way to get in a window ~ they all have metal bars on them. Guess I should stash a set of keys (three different keys too) outside someplace.

3rd Nov, 2004 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Out Lock

A number of times (or when no one was home yet and I did not have a key), but somehow, I have always been able to get in simply because I knew the weaknesses of our home wink.gif

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2004 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Lock Yourself Out
A Friend

Lock Yourself Out

A few months ago I blew a tire on my way home from work. The next day I took my fiancee's car to work after dropping her off at her job. Without thinking I exchanged my car keys for hers so that she would have a key to get into our apartment "just in case." When I pulled into work it all of a sudden hit me. By giving my fiancee my car keys, I also gave her my key to the office. So there I stood with three of my fellow employees trying to get someone to come out and open up the building.

Not my most brilliant moment.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th May, 2006 - 6:11am / Post ID: #

Lock Yourself Out
A Friend

Lock Out

The only time I ever lock myself out of the house or car is when I'm in a hurry and need every second I can get. Then I think about "remembering not to lock my keys in" and low and behold, I lock my keys in the house! So I try not to think about it to prevent my brain from sabotaging my ability to do the right thing and put the keys in my pocket.

> TOPIC: Lock Yourself Out

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,