Video Game Music

Video Game Music - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 26th Apr, 2022 - 3:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 8th Oct, 2004 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Video Game Music
A Friend

Video Game Music

I don't know why, but for some reason game music is about the only stuff I can listen to these days, aside from Enya and certain soundtracks. In fact, there are three CDs in my car with nothing but game music on them. .

Well, lets get to the point. Game music has had a… rather short history. As far as I know, it was only really introduced in the 80's, and even then only synthesized. The Nintendo and Super Nintendo helped things along, being able to support a lot in the way of music. In fact, several game composers got their start here (Including Nobou Uematsu, composer for the Final Fantasy series), and some amazing melodies shone through the synthesized instruments. But since 1995, music has made major leaps and bounds, and these days most games, especially RPGs, sport full orchestrated musical scores that sometimes even rivals those of movie soundtracks. In fact, sometimes the composers tend to gain a reputation. Besides the previously mentioned Nobou Uematsu, there's also Yasunori Mitsuda, Jeremy Soule, Rob King, and many others. What's cool is there's also a few soundtracks available for some games (Kingdom Hearts, Halo, and many more, though most of them are easier to find on Amazon.com *wink*).

So what's your thoughts on game music? For that matter, is there a specific genre of games that holds your favorite type of music? Perhaps even a favorite melody or composer?

And since I brought up Enya, I wonder if there's anyone that can answer this for me. Is it true Enya did a music album based on the music from Final Fantasy 4? If I recall, I think it was called "Celtic Moon," or something to that effect.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Nov, 2004 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Video Game Music
A Friend

Music Game Video

I enjoy game music about as much as you. Aside from a few other genres, it's about all I listen to. My favorite compositions are from the Final Fantasy series. I love the theme song at the beginning and songs like 1,000 No Kotoba and Morning Glow are really inspirational.

Post Date: 14th Feb, 2005 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

Video Game Music
A Friend

Video Game Music Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I really like game music myself, and it makes up the majority of what I listen to. In fact, at my wedding reception we are going to have some game music playing the in the background. laugh.gif

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2005 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Video Game Music
A Friend

Music Game Video

I like Xenogear's music scores.here's a list of them.
Awakening
Omen
Steel Giants
Ship of Regret and Sleep
The Blue Traveller
Bonds of Sea and Fire
The Sky, the Clouds, and You
Ancient Dance
Emotions
The Beginning and the End
Fuse
Leftovers from the Dreams of the Strong
Flight
In a Dark Sleep
Lost.. Broken Shards
June Mermaid
Faraway Promise
Shevat.. The Wind is Calling
Small of Two Pieces
Solaris - Eden of Heaven
Gathering Stars in the Night Sky
Tears of the Stars, Hearts of the People
The One Who is Torn Apart
The Treasure That Cannot be Stolen
The Valley Where Wind is Born
My Village is Number One
Singing of the Gentle Wind
Wings
and the link to go listen to them is:
https://xenogears.tautoz.com/music/

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2006 - 5:44am / Post ID: #

Video Game Music
A Friend

Music Game Video

Final Fantasy music is amazing... hands down.... just leave it at that laugh.gif
I just love the music, especially that of FFVII and FFVIII

14th Mar, 2022 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Video Game Music

My favorite video game music is from the game Chrono Cross. I also love the piano versions of the songs and am currently learning Scars of Time on the piano.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Apr, 2022 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

Video Game Music

Nintendo has really made music from video game a joy to listen to. Especially from the Zelda series.

26th Apr, 2022 - 3:59am / Post ID: #

Video Game Music Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I have recently experience something similar and have been listening to a lot more game music lately. Maybe it has something to do with the nostalgia factor. One of my favorite game soundtracks is from Max Payne 3. Though the original main theme from Max Payne always takes me back.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Video Game Music

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,