Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching

Visiting Teaching Home Teaching - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd May, 2003 - 11:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (23) »
Have You Done Yours?
10th Sep, 2002 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

It's very hard to get the sisters and brothers in the Church to do their visiting and home teaching. If there is someone out there who have suggestions would be great if you can post it in this thread. Thanks!  biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links:
15th Sep, 2002 - 9:19am / Post ID: #

Teaching Home and Teaching Visiting

For someone like that I usually ask...

Can a man live all his days in the Church having received the holy priesthood, serving an hounrable mission, baptize 1000's, marry in the temple and have a celestial family, but not feed the sheep (home teach)... Is that man fit for the Kingdom of God?

16th Sep, 2002 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Studies Doctrine Mormon

I'm the Visiting Teacher Leader in my branch and we had a Visiting Teaching Workshop yesterday, it was really cool and we had a great time. I asked the same question you put in your message JB@Trinidad and it made the sisters to think a lot.
I got my list of the sisters I have to visit...any suggestions if for instance the sisters don't live in a safe area?

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2002 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Every Christian should do their best to teach others every day and every where they go. I admit that I myself don't make enough effort to leave the comfort of my home to visit and teach like I should.

I continuously strive to improve this. I thank God for the people of this world that set good examples for us all. It will be worth all of your effort in the end.

20th Sep, 2002 - 9:49am / Post ID: #

"I admit that I myself don't make enough effort to leave the comfort of my home to visit and teach like I should."

At least you are honest about it. That is good. I hope this month you are able to do 100% of your visits. You will be suprised how good you will feel knowing you cared and loved your sisters during a small period.

On a side note. I was looking at your web page. Is there another like it on the net? I mean with the same topic? How come you have it down?

Post Date: 2nd May, 2003 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This I believe is the digress of the church. If we were to reach out to our Brothers and Sisters in the way the Lord has set as a pattern; heal the sick, feed the hungry, visit the weary, etc. then I am sure we would be double our size as a church.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd May, 2003 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I use to always get 100% hometeaching and I could see the good effect it has on those families we visited, it is an important responsibility, as we stand in the place for the bishop. The Lord stated that the duty of the priest is to "visit the house of each member, and exhort them to pray vocally and in secret and attend to all families duties." (Doctrine & Covenants 20:47)
I must admit I have been slack in my responsibility to do my home teaching, I know I should be doing it.
My home teacher is always here every month and we always enjoy his visit, it gives us strength and fellowship, it makes you feel like someone cares.

Post Date: 3rd May, 2003 - 11:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching Mormon Doctrine Studies

OK, well.. i don't even know where to start on this topic.  I haven't seen a HomeTeacher for about 4 years...I was told I didn't even have one.  Until a couple days ago when I finally got a call from my new one.  My visiting teachers have yet to ever come by to actually see how I'm doing.  They just read the message and almost as quickly as they got here.. they are gone.   I guess I should mention that I've been inactive for awhile and I'm thinking maybe that scares them off a little.  I don't know????   And now i'm thinking I might have went off topic.............

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (23) »

> TOPIC: Visiting Teaching & Home Teaching

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,