Who Said Spelling Is Important?

Who Spelling Important - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 5th Nov, 2004 - 4:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2004 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Have a go at this. Believe it or not you can read it.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

How did you go?? Pretty amazing, I think!

Sponsored Links:
16th Oct, 2004 - 1:08pm / Post ID: #

Important Spelling Who

I was able to read the entire thing and understand, very good, but I hope no one decides to spell like that on the forum wink.gif Also, I will move this to the Languages board.

16th Oct, 2004 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

Who Said Spelling Is Important? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Yes I was amazed that I could read and understand the entire paragraph! Don't let FarSeer see the spelling though, she might not be able to recover wink.gif

16th Oct, 2004 - 2:55pm / Post ID: #

Important Spelling Who

I received this in an e-mail a while back. At first it does seem amazing, but think about it. We use this abiity all the time. If not, any time a word was mispelled you wouldn't be able to figure out what it was supposed to say.

16th Oct, 2004 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #

Important Spelling Who

EEEeeeek!! Oh, no!! My built-in spell checker is having a heart attack!

laugh.gif

Wow. That's just amazing how our brains can decode all of that jumble. Do you have a link for that information?

Roz

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2004 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do you have a link for that information?

I don't have a link, I'm sorry. My daughter came across it and she can't remember where she found it.

It only works if the first and last letter of the word are in the correct position. If you scramble the complete word, the message makes absolutely no sense at all.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Nov, 2004 - 3:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Who Spelling Important

I saw the scrambled letters thing a few months back on another message board. I thought it was neat that our minds can do that. This might be why it is tough to proofread a paper. If you are not careful you mind will automatically correct any misspelled word. Add that to the fact that when proofreading your own work you know what you meant to write/type it's a wonder anyone can catch anything.

Even spellcheck is not infallible.

O.

5th Nov, 2004 - 4:56am / Post ID: #

Who Spelling Important Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

wow, it is cool. But it's nothing compared to the other powers of the brain, if you want to look at that. Just look at how much you learn in the three first years and that would be enough- walking, talking, manners, body language, and much much more. cool.gif

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Who Said Spelling Is Important?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,