The Celts

The Celts - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 19th Mar, 2005 - 10:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2004 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

The Celts

One mysterious group of people that occupied the British Isles during the Roman conquests were the Celts. For the Romans they were a svage group of people having no ability to read nor write, but an incredible fascination and talent with art. Their lifestyle was simple compared with the elaborate 'civilized' infrastructure and policies of the Romans. Today, some of the many relics and 'sacred' places of the Celts can be found in such places as the Isle of Anglesey.

Other Roman historians tell us more of the Celts. Diodorus notes that:
Their aspect is terrifying...They are very tall in stature, with ripling muscles under clear white skin. Their hair is blond, but not naturally so: they bleach it, to this day, artificially, washing it in lime and combing it back from their foreheaads. They look like wood-demons, their hair thick and shaggy like a horse's mane. Some of them are cleanshaven, but others - especially those of high rank, shave their cheeks but leave a moustache that covers the whole mouth and, when they eat and drink, acts like a sieve, trapping particles of food...The way they dress is astonishing: they wear brightly coloured and embroidered shirts, with trousers called bracae and cloaks fastened at the shoulder with a brooch, heavy in winter, light in summer. These cloaks are striped or checkered in design, with the seperate checks close together and in various colours.
Ref. https://www.ibiblio.org/gaelic/celts.html

Sponsored Links:
17th Oct, 2004 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Celts The

As the Romans did a good job of destroying the libraries et al we cannot say for sure how cultured the Britons were; some believe they were more advanced than the Greeks!

The Celts of course covered more than just Britain, but parts of Europe too (where they were called Gauls). They are thought to have moved into the West from Scythia/Black Sea area.

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Post Date: 19th Mar, 2005 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

The Celts
A Friend

The Celts History & Civil Business Politics

Well the celts went to the regions of Spain/Portugal as well. In matter of fact that means I come from them since I'm Portuguese.

They got with another people that lived in Portugal called, 'Iberos'. Their junction turned on a kind of people called 'Celtiberos'. The celts were a kind of people tall with blues eyes and thin if I remember well. The Iberos were brown eyes, small, and more strong or should I say fat.

Message Edited!
JB@Trinidad: Corrected spelling, grammar and offtopic content

> TOPIC: The Celts

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,