Rome: Total War

Rome Total War - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 31st Aug, 2012 - 6:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Rome, Total War
17th Oct, 2004 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Creative Assembly's latest in the Total War series is, to be quite honest, one of the best games of the genre I have ever played.

For those of you who have not bought this (yet!) let me give you a very brief overview...

The game is played on two levels: (1) the turn-based campaign map somewhat akin to the Civilisation games (but not RTS) and (2) the real-time stragegy (RTS) level comes in for battles (these can be resolved by the computer if you want to stick to the campaign mode only) and they are brilliant.

It is set in the days of the Roman power (Republic and Empire) and the main campaign map takes in all the lands ruled and touched by Roman steel.

There are many factions - the Latin ones of course, but also other races/nations such as Gaul, Egypt, Germania, etc.

It comes with a manual (you can also buy a strategy manual should you choose), and a lovely glossy map with a tech tree on the back.

The min. Spec. Of your PC should be 1 GhZ Processor and 256 MB RAM. Those are my specs and it runs without a problem.

Be prepared for a 3-CD install, but it's worth it!

Read more reviews and check out the free demo download at the official site:

Source 8

If you love RTS *or* turn-based strategy wargames then get this. I predict, along with Battle for Middle Earth, it will be in the top 3 games of 2004/2005 and will be played and much spoken of for a long time.

Dubhdara (yes, a self-confessed strategy wargamer - it helps me de-stress and polishes up my skills for world dominion at the same time ).

Rome: Total War (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Oct, 2004 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

War Total Rome

Wow- this game looks positively stunning!!! I've been a WarCraft/StarCraft junkie for several years, both PC and PS1/2. Lately I've been hooked on Age of Mythology (and kicking serious butt, too! wink.gif ). One question: what is the best video card for the Total War games? I'm currently running a Radeon 7K, and have terrible problems with it overheating- but only while playing AoM. Getting ready to install new heat sinks, fan, and even and "exhaust pipe".

18th Oct, 2004 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Rome: Total War Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Nvidia is the recommended video card manufacturer.

I like Age of Mythology too, though a certain ten-year-old boy and his brother (age 7) have had it for about a year! wink.gif

I exhausted the game but never got much time with the Titans, and no time for any of the Mods or the editor.

There is no editor with Rome (but there are already mods - someone is even working on a LoTR one!), but it is thought it will be released later.

Dubhdara.

Post Date: 29th May, 2012 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

War Total Rome

The goal of Rome: Total War is to conquer, rule, and manipulate the Roman Empire until you"re declared the Imperator of Rome. Rome: Total War is set in a time when the mighty Roman Empire emerged to conquer the known world; when gladiators fought to a bloody death in the Colosseum; and when Hannibal led his invincible army and his war elephants across the Alps. Now you can experience all these legendary moments and more, while building cities and settlements that can grow and develop over time.

Post Date: 29th May, 2012 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

War Total Rome

Rome : Total War Operating System:

English version of Microsoft Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
Processor: Pentium III 1.0GHz (1000MHz) or Athlon 1.0GHz (1000MHz) processor or higher
RAM: 256MB RAM
CD-ROM: 8x Speed CD-ROM drive (1200KB/sec sustained transfer rate) and latest drivers
Hard Drive: 2.9GB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 500MB for Windows swap file)
Video Card: 3D hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible 64MB Hardware Accelerated video card and the latest drivers*.

1st Aug, 2012 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

While it is a "brilliant" game I thought it was a bit too robotic after awhile because the same thing happened over and over again. Maybe I lack the patience to deal with both battles, economies and a fussy senate but it was not something I could play all the time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Aug, 2012 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Rome Total War

Usually when I have to hold my son on evenings 'we' play Rome: Total War. I thought the whole concept was great but I did not like some things:

1. The rioting. I can understand that this may have happened often but not so much or so often.

2. I found the computer's troops were on cheat mode at times. Sometimes I will take a high star general with retrained troops against a simple army and still lose.

I also never play the long battles but opt for the automated version. I bet that is fun for some but for me it is way too long and drawn out for the size of map that has to be conquered.

31st Aug, 2012 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Rome Total War Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I had played Rome: Total war before, I thought it was an excellent game! JB, the reason there is a lot of rioting because the laws is too much for your people, what you need to try to do is that you set up high tax to low tax, that way that will satisfy the citizens, you should try too is you need to make certain buildings, it will also satisfy the citizens. You can try other things to keep away form riots.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Rome: Total War

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,