Sudan - Page 2 of 5

The atrocities committed to these poor people - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 31st Jul, 2006 - 1:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Sudan Wars 10,000 Die each month - Darfur
6th May, 2006 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Sudan - Page 2

I don't read the news reports about this genocide. Do they ever mention that the government and the rebels have already completely wiped out all the Christians in the country? For some reason, nobody in the media ever seemed to discuss this until AFTER all the Christians had been wiped out.

The officially Muslim government sponsored slavery, forced conversion to Islam, rape, murder, and torture for years, as long as it was the Christians or animists. Now that they are killing Muslims, people have finally taken notice.

I don't think there will be peace there. They sponsored hatred, and not it is part of their culture.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
6th May, 2006 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Sudan

Nighthawk, they don't mention that simply because these Muslim idiots are killing and raping anyone and everyone. They don't target people by religion. I would believe what you say about them wiping out Christians, but I don't think this is the big tragedy of this conflict. The genocide is not discriminatory.

This is a case where regime change is needed. This is a case where a coalition of the willing should invade and help these poor people.

There can be peace in Sudan, but it needs outside help. I get really emotional about situations like this because I have met and interviewed several Sudanese refugees and the stories they tell me are beyond belief. I feel for these people desperately. The West must help. I wish I could do more.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

6th May, 2006 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Sudan History & Civil Business Politics

For the last 5 to 10 years, they most certainly DID target the Christians and animists. It is only now, that the Christians have been completely destroyed, that the hatred and murder has turned inward to other Muslims. I have been following this for years. The Voice of the Martyrs, WorldNet Daily, Focus on the Family, and other conservative and christian organizations have been reporting on the genocide for several years. Several times, US members of Congress have visited Sudan, and reported the same things. It is just that the MSM throughout the world didn't think it was important.

Heck, even the US State Department, in its annual reports on human rights abuses, has made special mention of what has been happening in the Sudan, how Christians and animists have been specifically targeted.

Conservatives have been urging direct action for at least the last 6 years. But we have continued to be ignored - until Muslims were murdered. Now it is a cause, and the Hollywierd crowd have gotten involved. So, now the media can legitimately report on it, and raise lots of awareness and anger about it.

https://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=49784

Islamic militias under the Khartoum regime systematically raided black, non-Muslim villages in the south during 22 years of civil war. The Sudan government's declared aim was to make the entire nation Islamic.
The existence of abduction, slavery and forced servitude (clear violations of International Conventions), has been well documented in Sudan. Slavery, however, is a local phenomenon, affecting a limited area of the country. In the course of the war, Arab tribal militias in Darfur and Kordofan, the westernmost provinces of the North, have been armed and encouraged by the government to attack and loot mainly Dinka settlements in bordering parts of the South. In the course of these raids young men are killed and women, children and livestock are abducted and taken back to the North. Children are compelled to work as agricultural laborers or as livestock herders. Abducted women and girls are subject to rape and forced into sexual relationships with their abductors (such crimes are subject to international jurisdiction).
Ater Deng Nhiall: South Sudanese, the majority of them are actually Christian simply because we had the missionaries coming to South Sudan, from Italy they were the majority, especially in the Bahr al Ghazal area, so the Bahr al Ghazal area you find out about 95 per cent of them are Catholics. You will find Presbyterian - particularly among the Nuer, it is very common. Actually people go where there is support for them - the first church that started that was the Anglican Church, they call it the All Saints, we call it the community church because it gives us all the help we need. We are not very strict about which denomination we belong. So the Sudanese what they are lacking most is a place where they can gather, like a community centre.

The people in the southern part of the Sudan, where the government officially was attempting to destroy them, are almost all Christian. The young men, women, and children certainly weren't part of the rebel groups. However, the official policy was the murder of all the men, and the slavery of the women and children. There are thousands of stories of individuals who were raped and enslaved, and were told that it was specifically because they were Christian. Young women, when made slaves by a Muslim are now considered Muslim. If they attempt to continue their religion, they can, under sharia law, be killed.

This stuff in Darfur is recent. It started in 2003. The destruction of the Dinkas has been ongoing since the early 1980s.

So, you must be right. Religion, ethnicity, etc, have nothing to do with it. We all know that Islam is the Religion Of Peace, and would NEVER murder someone simply because they are Christian.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

7th May, 2006 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Sudan

Thanks for that interesting information. I was referring to the current Darfur conflict, but what you say is correct. The present conflict doesn't appear to be discriminatory but certainly in the past it was.

I don't think it matters who is being killed, whether they are Muslims or Christians. Even now very little is being done.

Unfortunately, the mainstream media has ignored Africa, the one continent that needs the most attention. This has been mirrored by a lack of action by the international community at large. I can't understand it, this is one of my pet hates about the media.

Why have they been ignoring the politicians who raise concerns over the Sudan crisis? Do you think the US would ever lead a military intervention in Sudan or other African countries that desperately need help?

I reckon the terrorism in Sudan, Congo and these sorts of conflicts is where the international community should focus.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 18th May, 2006 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sudan

YOUTHS TORN FROM CAMPS, FORCED TO FIGHT

Children as young as 13 are being forced into combat by Sudanese rebels who take the youngsters from squalid refugee camps in neighboring Chad, CNN has learned.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/africa/05/17...ment/index.html

Post Date: 5th Jul, 2006 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Sudan
A Friend

Sudan

For those of you who are wondering where the international focus is. People like me, who's a very active Amnesty member, have forced the U.S. Government to focus on Sudan. If it wasn't for us,the U.S. won't call it a genocide even.

And yes, the Sudanese governement supports conversion to Islam, rape, murder, torture,in violation of international law and their own constitution.

Who said that the aforementioned have be part of any culture? That's like saying that apartheid South Africa was created because of culture. In fact it's a convincing arguement, if you look at their history. People, often forget that culture, comes from Latin, meaning 'to grow", and this growth can be controlled.

What really drives me up the wall, is apathy toward the Darfurians. Is it because it has no relation to us? Or perhaps lack of a natural resource?

How come the international media does not focus on this more? Ten thousand people die a day, rape and murder. "The only Africa", argument is lame, to say the least. This has happened in Somalia, Rwanda, Armenia, Germany, Congo, Cambodia, and so on.

Why are people so busy caught up in their own selfishness and apathy?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Jul, 2006 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Sudan - Page 2

Did you know that the "Christian Right" has been urging action on this for many years? But all the liberal organizations in the US ignored it because it was Christians who were being destroyed in the genocide.

Even Pat Robertson has highlighted this problem on his show many times over the last 10 - 20 years.

It wasn't until the Muslims began to kill other Muslims that it became important to the world.

So, what is Amnesty International's history concerning the Sudan?

31st Jul, 2006 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Sudan Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

The atrocities committed to these poor people are horrible. UN Peace talks are underway, but the situation looks grim.

Amidst escalating violence and increasing attacks on humanitarian workers, aid to conflict-affected civilians continues to collapse. Despite the blandly disingenuous words of UN officials such as Jan Pronk, and the shameful silence of African Union officials, the catastrophe in Darfur continues to deepen---relentlessly, dangerously, uncontrollably.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 7 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.7%

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Sudan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,