Born In Britain? - Page 2 of 2

I thought Parliament is able to testily against - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Nov, 2008 - 11:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Citizens or Subjects?
18th May, 2006 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Born In Britain? - Page 2

Don't you think that keeping the population in 'ignorance' as it were is helpful in making her the richest in the world? However, like you say, it does not bother them now, but one day it will... one day there will be someone strong enough to question why something found on 'their' property belongs to the Queen, however... may it is not 'their' property really... you are just renting by allowance of the Queen.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
18th May, 2006 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Britain Born

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 18-May 06, 9:34 AM)
one day there will be someone strong enough to question why something found on 'their' property belongs to the Queen, however... may it is not 'their' property really... you are just renting by allowance of the Queen.

I can't argue against this JB, laugh.gif, hopefully somebody will come along and question the ethics of this ruling. I must say I hadn't thought about it like that before. You have certainly given me 'food for thought'.
Unfortunately most other people probably haven't thought about it like this either, so this is how most likely the Royal family have got away with it for so long!

Keeping the population in ignorance, is definitely helping keep the Queen, amongst the richest in the world, but unfortunately the laws regarding the royal family have all angles covered, and you're not allowed to go against the Queen!

I am one, who does not feel that having a royal family benefits the country much,especially seeing that the Queen is 80, and the whole royal family have lived a wealthy self indulgent life style for hundreds of years, making their own rules!

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

18th May, 2006 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Born In Britain? History & Civil Business Politics

Well, I am not sure, but I suppose the position of DianeC may not be the "popular" one in England? I have always wonder why the people in England have this fascination with the Queen and the Royal Family. When I watch the news and it's the Queen's birthday or one of her grandchildren are doing something, the people go crazy like if these people are actors or some type of celebrity. Like I have always said, if I ever met the Queen in my life, I would shake her hand like any other person...don't expect me to use all the silly protocol because she is not my Queen.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

19th May, 2006 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Britain Born

One of the things that you could get into trouble with the police for, is if you place a stamp (which has the Queen's head on) upside down deliberately. It is then seen that you have insulted the Queen.

Is this for real? I am moving to England in a few months. I would like to test this out. Do they also get angry if her head has been vandalised, or placed under a stamp that has a picture of a commoner? Keep an eye on this thread and I shall report the findings of my test, if I am not thrown in jail that is.

People are genuinely hacked off at the fact that if you find anything in your back yard of history, as JB pointed out, it has to be handed over to 'the crown'.

Does this mean that if you dig up a recently murdered human body it would be the "Queen's" property and she would become a suspect? Or does she just claim all the good stuff?

I too cannot understand why the royal family is so closely followed in England. With all due respect, I could not think of a more boring royal family. I am sure they are nice people, but there is too much overkill on their daily affairs. I have a feeling this interest will fade when Charles takes throne.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

2nd Nov, 2008 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Britain Born

arvhic said,

Keep an eye on this thread and I shall report the findings of my test, if I am not thrown in jail that is.

So where's the report? Or were you deported to fast to get an internet connection to let us know about it. laugh.gif

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 35 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.5%

Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2008 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Born In Britain?
A Friend

Born In Britain?

I thought Parliament is able to testily against the royalties actions? But, if so, Parliament might not find it so interesting. But, I guess finding something of historical importance on British soil could be the queens property. It is a Parliamentary Monarchy after all. They could probably do anything as long as there is good reason behind it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Born In Britain?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,