Thailand - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Aug, 2008 - 3:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Country in chaos?
Post Date: 19th Oct, 2004 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Thailand

MYANMAR PM UNDER 'HOUSE ARREST'

Myanmar Prime Minister Khin Nyunt has been ousted and is under house arrest on corruption charges, a Thai government spokesman has told news agencies.
Ref. Read More...

Sponsored Links:
20th Oct, 2004 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

Thailand

From reading the article, it would seem the problem is with the Senior General Tan Shwe who sees the Prime Minister as a threat to his juntas and their military control. His fear is that the Prime Minister was going to allow for democratic elections which would undermine his control. Funny enough, the same General was probably the one that got the Prime Minister into power. What goes around comes around!

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

8th Jun, 2005 - 7:23pm / Post ID: #

Thailand History & Civil Business Politics

Concern Deepens Over South Thailand Troubles
https://www.cnsnews.com//ViewForeignBureaus...R20050608d.html

Islamic terrorists are continuing to cause terrible troubles on the southern border of this country. This article goes into greater detail about some of the things that are happening there, that most people aren't aware of.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

13th Jun, 2005 - 6:30am / Post ID: #

Thailand

Is this topic about Thailand or Myanmar? I'll assume it is about Thaliand.

The extremist groups in south Thailand have been feuding with the government for ages. It's a pretty dangerous area at the moment, I remember traveling to Thailand last year and being warned to avoid that area.

However there have been instances of Government brutality towards suspected extremists. I saw a report which was damning of the Government's heavy-handed approach, which resulted in some suspects being beaten to death.

I really hope Thailand can sort out these lunatics because it is a beautiful, Bhuddist country that has very peaceful citizens. It's a tolerant nation that shouldn't be taken advantage of by extremists or obnoxious tourists, as is sometimes the case.

I think Rumsfeld ought to mind his own business on this matter however? Thailand is doing a good job cracking down on terrorists and while I agree the Malacca Strait would benefit from being cleaned up, it's Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia's problem.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2006 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Thailand

Breaking News

Tanks are rolling through the streets of Bangkok, Thailand, amid rumors of a coup attempt, CNN confirms.

Post Date: 12th Nov, 2007 - 10:02am / Post ID: #

Thailand
A Friend

Thailand

Nighthawk,I want to ask you a question.Why when a muslim fight,he will be called as a terrorist? This 'typical american' thinking is all in your mind.Please note that muslims in southern Thailand ,mostly Malay Muslim,are fighting to free their land from Thailand.Southern Thailand had being occupied for more than 100 years, but no one care.Is fighting to free your land is considered as terrorist act?Think it by yourself,and be careful when making a statement.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Nov, 2007 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Thailand

Patriotism law seeks to halt cars for anthem

BANGKOK (Reuters) - A proposed new law to boost patriotism in Thailand would be "chaotic" because it would require motorists to stop when the national anthem is played twice a day, lawmakers said Friday.
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071123/od_nm/flag_dc

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2008 - 3:06pm / Post ID: #

Thailand Politics Business Civil & History

Protesters flood Bangkok streets

Thousands of protesters descend on the streets of Bangkok to demand the resignation of the government.
Ref. Source 6

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Thailand

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,