Exotic Pets?

Exotic Pets - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 26th Jan, 2006 - 3:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Would you keep an exotic animal as a pet?
  Yes       37.50%
  No       62.50%
Total Votes: 8
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Spiders, Large Lizards, Snakes...
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2004 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

Exotic Pets?

Typical pets are dogs, cats, fish and others that fall within the cage like birds, guinea pigs and so on, but would you keep a spider, large lizard, snake and other unusual animals as a pet?

Sponsored Links:
21st Oct, 2004 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Pets Exotic

No, usually there is too much overhead involved with keeping an exotic pet like special cages, special food, lighting, etc. I'm a pretty simple kind of person, and my pets usually reflect that. A dog, maybe some fish, a guinea pig for the kids; good enough for me.

22nd Oct, 2004 - 10:24am / Post ID: #

Exotic Pets? UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I would never keep any exotic animal as a pet. I once knew a guy who did though, and he was just as weird as his pets, in fact, I have found that most (not all) people that keep these kinds of pets usually have 'issues'.

24th Oct, 2004 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Pets Exotic

The most exotic pet I have ever had was some tropical fish and they took a lot of time and patience. One of my former neighbors had a friend who had a Bengal Tiger. He brought it over one day and I got to actually pet it. While he was the most beautiful animal I had ever seen but I couldn't help but feel sorry for the critter. It should have been roaming the wilds of India not carried around in the back of a pickup truck. Fact is the man who owned him was taking him to L.A. to a zoo, he could no longer afford to feed and care for him. I felt better knowing that even though he wasn't going into the wild at least he would be with his own kind. No, I believe that wild animals belong in the wild, in my opinion penning a wild animal is cruel.

25th Oct, 2004 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

Pets Exotic

I always liked the idea of getting an exotic pet, but - like many of my dreams - I won't ever get one. As you said, it's quite a mess. Even dogs aren't handled very deftly in our family. Scratched furnitures, misplaced bodily fluids... rolleyes.gif

As long as someone else will be willing to take care of it, A more exotic pet will be nice. But, as there isn't, well, I guess I won't have any.

13th Dec, 2004 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Exotic Pets?

I love to see exotic pets but it seems too complicated to maintained one. I don' want no snakes...oh gosh...just to think in the things I need to find for their food makes me sick. rolleyes.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Dec, 2004 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

Exotic Pets

What about ferrets? Do you consider them exotic pets? A co-worker has 4 of them and says they are like long skinny kittens. She said that they use litter boxes and are very cute. I've always thought of ferrets as rodents, like rats. She said they are more closely related to minks. Also they don't smell and as long as they are given plenty of love and attention can be as friendly as cats. I don't know, I've never been around ferrets, all my knowledge is secondhand. If anyone has some good input about these creatures I could change my mind.

26th Jan, 2006 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

Exotic Pets Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

I have always been one that loved snakes and I currently have one, her name is Dawg. My husband bought her for me and I have had her for about 3 years now. I have only had to buy 1 new tank so far, and she only eats once a week. I would say the most expensive thing about her is the light that I have to keep replacing to keep her heated properly.

I have had a flying squirrel, his name was Sunshine. We have had a Beta named Bird, he would let you pet him. My husband had a scorpion, taking care of it was really no trouble at all, I think he ate like one a month or so. I didn't have much to do with the scorpion, but I do know that it would eat crickets, but that it loved to eat live pinkies.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Exotic Pets?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,