Carrying Knives On Planes - Page 2 of 3

A weapon is not a weapon of itself. It is - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 27th May, 2013 - 2:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Best of  Carrying Knives On Planes
Post Date: 9th May, 2013 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Carrying Knives On Planes
A Friend

Carrying Knives On Planes - Page 2

To clarify the original post, they are using the word "Carry" In the legal sense. So the post is referring to the delaying of a rule that would allow passengers to "Carry" Knives (on their person). It is not referring to the ability to bring knives with you in your luggage or other ways. It is only referring to you having a knife in a way that would make it available to you during a flight.

Sponsored Links:
12th May, 2013 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Planes Knives Carrying

I'm against having knives on planes. Why would you need one? If giving up a 1000 knives will stop a terrorist attack would you do it, I know I would.

Post Date: 26th May, 2013 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Carrying Knives On Planes Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Well some people such as myself carry small knives on them because in our trade it is a tool. Heck we do not even think about the fact that we have it on us. I made that mistake once and it was put in a box to be sent to me at my destination. I of course never saw it again. As a side note the small knife was a gift to me, not that that is relevant, but it still chaffs me. A 1 inch knife is unlikely to bring a plane down for any reason though so I see no real reason to worry about it as long as it is a snall tool like object.

26th May, 2013 - 4:55am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Planes Knives Carrying

Well, whatever your trade is, is very unlikely that you will exercise it while in flight. I understand is annoying having to leave one's possessions at the checkpoint, even more if that was a gift.
The fact is that a knife, even a small one, can be used as a weapon by someone. I don't see why putting it in the luggage instead that carrying it should be a major issue. Just think that once I had to leave the stick for mosquito bites that was in my hand-bag!

Post Date: 26th May, 2013 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Planes Knives Carrying

I can use almost anything imaginable as a weapon. I challenge anyone to empty your pockets or purse, while waiting at an airport check-in, and not find something that cannot be used as a weapon. Even a ball point pen can be as deadly as a one inch knife even more so as a pen is long enough to piece the temple deep into the brain without to much effort :/ There really is no solve to the problem unfortunately. The current fixation is simply the obvious weapons.

27th May, 2013 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Yes, you are right on that. Everything can become a weapon in the right hands. There's no solution to it but, in my opinion, it makes sense if they try at least to avoid people to bring on a plane objects that are obviously a weapon.

Is also connected with the perception that the society has about security. If some kind of incident should happen because somebody is using a pen as a weapon, it would be seen as an unpredictable fatality but if the same incident involved a knife the media would keep accusing the airport security.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th May, 2013 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Carrying Knives Planes - Page 2

I can not find fault with either of those statements. Both are just unfortunate in the worst kind of way.

27th May, 2013 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Carrying Knives Planes Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

A weapon is not a weapon of itself. It is the wielder that makes it a weapon. Sure a pen, a straw or even a piece of paper can be made to be a weapon BUT it takes far greater knowledge and experience to make it so. Now when you take into context a sharp knife, no matter what the size, it is a lot easier to inflict damage on someone without having to know how to use it well. Consider that in flight you don't have many options for escape and not everyone is a terrorist. There are drunks, people with mental issues, etc. You don't want to be thousands of feet in the air trapped with a lunatic with a knife in his hands. There is good reasoning behind all of this.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Carrying Knives On Planes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,