Therapeutic Touch

Therapeutic Touch - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 11th Nov, 2004 - 5:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2004 - 11:17am / Post ID: #

Therapeutic Touch

Therapeutic Touch involves healing via the touch of a certain 'trained' or 'gifted' person. Do you think that Therapeutic Touch is a valid healing method or hoax?

Sponsored Links:
11th Nov, 2004 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Touch Therapeutic

I believe this might be the case of mental stimulation rather than the 'touch' itself. By this I mean that the patient has such a belief in what is being done that in itself causes the body to be healed. I am not saying that some people do not have a special gift to heal, but in general it seems like a commercialized rip off to me.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2004 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Therapeutic Touch
A Friend

Therapeutic Touch Health & Special Psychology

When I first read this post, I interpreted Therapeutic Touch to be massage. Then I thought I had best research it out. This site gives a more detailed account:
https://www.therapeutic-touch.org/content/ttouch.asp also click on The Process.

". . .Holding the hands 2 to 6 inches away from the individual's energy field while moving the hands from the head to the feet in a rhythmical, symmetrical manner. . . "

I don't totally discount this form of healing, yet I do feel it is more mind over matter just like JB said.

Since being married, I have been deep massaging my husband. I am a toucher by nature, and every time I touched him on his back, he would jerk. He explained that he has been in constant pain for years and years. The pain is deep in his muscles. So I have been deep massaging him. Now I really don't know any technique ~ I do what he asks of me. I push deep and very, very slowly up or across.

We have been married 2 months 17 days ~ and he is now at a point where he seldom flinches when I casually put my hand on his back. His pain is not limited to his back either, it is in all of his muscles. I don't know why he won't go to a professional masseuse ~ but as long as I am capable of doing this for him, then I will continue to do it.

My point is: massage heals, I know I am witnessing it first hand.

> TOPIC: Therapeutic Touch

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,