Police Interrogation

Police Interrogation - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st May, 2006 - 10:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2004 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Police Interrogation

Police Interrogation is used to find out the cause and who caused the crime, but it can sometimes get out of hand. Are there real methods to check that such procedures do not become abusive? Do you agree with police interrogating suspects?

Sponsored Links:
26th Oct, 2004 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Interrogation Police

I dont know much to answer the first question but here are my thoughts on the second. The pro to having police perform the interrogation is that they are closely involved with the crime, usually. Also, it allows for less manpower as there is not a need for a separate set of folks for interrogation only, thus keeping the cost of the department down. The con is that there is an obvious bias with the police, ie, they assume everyone is guilty before proven innocent. This can sometimes lead to unjust treatment of innocent people. Also, there have been cases of abuse of this power in order to change or influence a case, ie, the innocent are made to seem guilty. Which is worse; probably the cons. Therefore I guess I dont agree with it, completely.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

12th Dec, 2004 - 11:01am / Post ID: #

Police Interrogation History & Civil Business Politics

I am not familiar within the police force rules but I am sure there are 'rules and procedures' they must follow to ensure that the rights of the person they are interrogating are being respected. I have seen many cases of dirty cops who made people, through torture., confess crimes they never commit. I think this is sickening. Look at what's going on in Guantanamo for instance, the US government admit that the proof they have from this people who are held illegaly there, were taking from interrogations under torture. This should not be allowed!.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

12th Dec, 2004 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Interrogation Police

When you think about it, getting government agents (be they military or police) to investigate crimes that have been defined by their own paymasters is far from just.

Call Grand Juries (private citizens) and have them deal with all aspects of investigation to see of the case is worthy of going to court. Let them have power to investigate and question all persons relating to the complaint which has been made by the injured person.

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2006 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

Police Interrogation
A Friend

Interrogation Police

"Police Interrogation is used to find out the cause and who caused the crime, but it can sometimes get out of hand. Are there real methods to check that such procedures do not become abusive? Do you agree with police interrogating suspects?"

In my humble opinion it depends on how you define "interrogation". The question appears to imply that "Police Interrogation" is necessarily violent. In my experience (deputy in NC), the law enforcement "interrogation" is simply asking questions. Perhaps in other parts of the world violence is commonplace.

Now as for apprehension of a resisting suspect, that obviously can be violent, but that is not part of interrogation.

1st May, 2006 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

Police Interrogation

In my experience (deputy in NC), the law enforcement "interrogation" is simply asking questions.

I believe your perceptions of interrogation would be correct 95% of the time, MartinR. The question lies with the 5% where interrogation goes beyond questioning. Also, interrogators are human, they are people like you and me, and they want to solve cases rapidly. I mean who wants to investigate for hours, days even weeks, when they could possibly have the suspect very early on in the case. They want to feel the satisfaction of 'bagging the bad guy' early in the case. Even the ones who know the rules and processes may bend them a bit so it fits the case and they have their guy. It may not be malicious, or planned, but you have to consider that some law enforcement officials will and can get carried away with their interrogation, and this is where our initial questions lie. How do we regulate these so we know that a number closer to or equal to 100% of the interrogations are not biased, become abusive, or denies the suspect their equal rights.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Police Interrogation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,