Religious Politics?

Religious Politics - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 10th Oct, 2007 - 8:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th Feb, 2003 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Religious Politics?

Religious Politics?

Do you think politicians use religious statements as a way of getting what they want? Look at Osama using 'Holy Water' and Bush using 'God'. Do you think they should leave religion out of this?

BEFORE you answer, remember this thread is not to discuss if the war is just or not (there is another thread for that), it is about if one should involve religion.

IS BUSH'S RHETORIC TOO RELIGIOUS?

Though scholars representing a major interfaith group say President Bush's use of religious language is harming Americans' ability to reasonably discuss the pending war in Iraq, two local political scientists disagree.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...31524,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2003 - 8:10am / Post ID: #

Religious Politics?
A Friend

Politics Religious

I think in order for a person to be true to themself.... their beliefs are going to shine through.

I have said there seems to be some issues about his proposals and are the "Godly".... but I am not his judge.

I know for all the un-believers it hurts him... they cringe when he mentions scripture or his faith (and dissects him whether he is true or not) But I would rather him speak from the heart (and fail) than remain silent about his morals and convictions.

He is not a leader as in a ministry.... and I do not remember the scripture.... but it does say that a person may be a false teacher.... but the person listening still may be edified.  So, he may or may not follow his own advice or the bible... but maybe saying certain things plants seeds in others.

I dunno....... I try to stay positive... but it is tough.

10th Oct, 2007 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Religious Politics? Beliefs Religious General

I think that it's so wrong of politicians to bring in religion into their speechs/reasonings. Tony Blair was always doing this, and that God was telling him what to do.
I just find it really cringe worthy, and I really feel that politicians shouldn't be allowed to mix in religion, after all everybody has their own belief system that they follow, and some would find it offensive.

10th Oct, 2007 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Politics Religious

I believe that it is great when politicians share the reasons for why they hold their values(be it God, education, tradition, Family). If someone has a faith base and it affects their opinions, I would rather that person say "I support A or B because of the religous values that I hold" then for them to keep that to themselves. What we need is honest debate on why people hold the values that they have.

If a person has a sincere faith and it is not used to manipulate, then an expression of ones faith is refreshing. it is important for our Politicians to put all of their cards on the table and then it is up to us to decide if their values are consitent with our values.

> TOPIC: Religious Politics?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,