Baby Boomer Blues

Baby Boomer Blues - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Apr, 2005 - 10:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Did you prepare for today?
Post Date: 24th Oct, 2004 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Baby Boomer Blues

BOOMERS TRYING TO STAY AFLOAT

The first wave of baby boomers is drifting toward retirement, but many boomers are ill-prepared for the financial rapids that await them.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...99894%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2005 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Baby Boomer Blues
A Friend

Blues Boomer Baby

I am not a baby boomer, but I have talked with my parents about this very subject. My father was lucky enough to get on with a company that matched his 401k up to 15%. But before, they had taken out a bunch of there retirement money to pay off credit card bills and car loans. Unfortunately, they ended up taking out another mortgage on the house and didn't have much to put down when they bought their second house. They will be eighty before this current house will be paid off and seventy-two before my father and mother can retire. I have taken pains to start my 401k very early on. I have been putting into it for over five years. My parents have worked hard to impart the idea of preparing for retirement because they didn't prepare very well. I wonder how many other baby boomers have not prepared and now find themselves a few years from retirement with little or no savings left.

> TOPIC: Baby Boomer Blues

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,