Paulshipp Introduction

Paulshipp Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 12th Apr, 2006 - 1:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

RM: Trinidad & Tobago Mission
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2006 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Paulshipp Introduction
A Friend

Paulshipp Introduction

Greetings:

I am Paul Shipp, a former missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Trinidad & Tobago Mission. I served as a missionary in Grenada, Guyana and Trinidad. I began my mission in October 1992 and completed it in October 1994. When I served in Grenada there was but one branch of the LDS church. When I served in Guyana there was also but one branch. In Trinidad, when I served there were but three branches with one dependant Branch (Arima), which became a branch of its own while I served there.

I have joined this group because I have had a very difficult time finding out out more information on how the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has grown in the West Indies. I was shocked to here of the many branches that are there now. I truly miss the members of the Church in all the areas I served, especially in San Fernando and Arima. I would love to visit in the next five years.

I am still an active member of the Church. Since the mission I have obtained three degrees, married and have two children and two dogs.

I hope to find some old friends and get brought up to date on the Church in the West Indies. I may have some old photos and history of my own to share about the beginnings of the Church in Arima and San Fernando. I think my most and unforgettable memory of Trinidad was when the government officials somehow thought the Church was racist and they told my BLACK (AMERICAN) companion, who was sent from Guyana to work with me in San Fernando that he was racist; I am baffled to this day. I remember when the San Fernando building was dedicated and a member of the government (a lady senator I think) came to speak. Things seemed to take off after that. I remember that while I served in San Fernando I spent a great deal of my time strengthening the members. I remember reactivating a number of people and now wonder how they are doing.

I served with the following missionaries on the following dates, in the following places:
Ryan Kent Shaul (MTC, 21 Oct 1992 to 11 Nov 1992)
Thomas K. Kellii (Grenada, Grand Anse, 11 Nov 1992 to 21 Jan 1993)
Paul Jay Whittier (Grenada, Grand Anse, 21 Jan 1993 to 17 Mar 1993)
Justin D. Schelin (Grenada, Grand Anse, 17 Mar 1993 to 16 Apr 1993)
Stephen Bryan Colbert (Guyana, Belair, 16 Apr 1993 to 9 Jun 1993)
Gregory Alan Priest (Guyana, South Ruimveldt Park, 9 Jun 1993 to 6 Jul 1993)
William Mark Sorrells (Guyana, South Ruimveldt Park, 6 Jul 1993 to 10 Aug 1993)
Jorge Edward Escamilla Guyana, South Ruimveldt Park, 12 Jul 1993 to 6 Oct 1993)
Bryan Kent Broadbent (Trinidad, Arima, 6 Oct 1993 to 30 Nov 1993)
Taylor Jay Maxwell (Trinidad, Arima, 1 Dec 1993 to 5 Feb 1994)
Spencer Ted Landreth (Trinidad, Princess Town, 5 Feb 1994 to 23 Feb 1994)
Clive Godfrey David (Trindidad, Princess Town, 23 Feb 1994 to 6 Apr 1994)
San Fernando Branch Missionaries (Trinidad, 6 Apr 1994 to 30 Apr 1994)
Jimmy Lee Boston, Jr. (Trinidad, Princess Town, 30 Apr 1994 to 8 Jun 1994)
Andrew Lynn Palmer (Trinidad, Princess Town, 8 Jun 1994 to 26 Oct 1994)

I served under President J. Richard Toolson and later Roy Valentine.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Links and details removed. READ our policies with regard to this.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2006 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Introduction Paulshipp

Welcome LDS Member

Thanks for posting your introduction message, this forum allows you to interact positively with many people on varying topics such as LDS Church news, Doctrine, the Book of Mormon, etc. However, do keep in mind that LDS Related Discussion is kept only in the LDS Related Boards as this is an International Community.

The next thing you should do now is update your profile. You can do this by clicking the link called, 'My Controls' in the top menu. You may wish to venture over to the LDS Deep Doctrine board or the News & RM Section and have a look around.

Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2006 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Paulshipp Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi Paul, welcome aboard. I am LDS_forever, an Argentinian living in Trinidad and wife of "JB@Trinidad" (maybe looking at his picture you could recognize him?). I hope you enjoy your time in here and join our many discussions. Thanks for coming!
LDS smile.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2006 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction Paulshipp

Welcome to the Community. Please have a look over our Rules and Constructive Posting Policy as it was required before registering.

Maybe you met me in Trinidad. You would have known me as Brother Borde then, I was in Port of Spain. You can search for Threads in which to reminisce about old times within the RM Board. Should you have any questions please ask here. Please follow what Joseph gave you above.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!

> TOPIC: Paulshipp Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,