Can My Bishop Interview My Child Without Me?

Can Bishop Interview Child Me - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Mar, 2011 - 11:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
27th Jan, 2011 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

A good friend of mine just called me on the phone and told me how her Bishop wants to interview her kids. She told him that she has no problem with it as long as she is present during the meeting. The Bishop told her it is not possible.

I would like to know what's the Church position on this?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Feb, 2011 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

Me Child Interview Bishop Can

Name: Doug

Comments: I have friends who go into the interviews with their children. It has never been a problem.

12th Feb, 2011 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Can My Bishop Interview My Child Without Me? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Thanks Dough. My friend still upset over the incident, as I said before her Bishop told her she cannot be present when he is interviewing her teenage children. He argued that the kids are big but I thought, has the Bishop any authority on the matter? I don't think so.

Post Date: 28th Feb, 2011 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I understand mom's discomfort, but, especially with teens, I can see the Bishop wanting to interview outside her presence. He's more likely to get honest answers if the teen doesn't perceive the Bishop as an open confessional to the parents. Having interviewed a number of kids and teens through the years (baptism, temple recommends, etc.), they will certainly disclose things in a "private" atmosphere that they wouldn't before their parents.

28th Feb, 2011 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Before I answer Chica I want to know what are the age of these children? I can understand teenagers but I can equally understand the hesitation with very young children.

1st Mar, 2011 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Joeman, I agree but I wanted to know if there is something in the Handbook of instructions that give Bishops this privilege over parents.

UtahMormon, these kids are 14 and 16.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2011 - 3:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Can Bishop Interview Child Me

I haven't seen the new Handbook of Instruction (for which I'm grateful!), but I don't recall there being specifics in either of the previous two incarnations of the Handbook with regard to a specific age for interview purposes.

1st Mar, 2011 - 11:22am / Post ID: #

Can Bishop Interview Child Me Mormon Doctrine Studies

Chica, even if the handbook of instructions say that (you know that Bishops have the right of interviewing kids without parents) it cannot override your legal rights as a parent you know what am I saying? Only a naive member would give bishops or any other leader for that matter that right even when they don't feel comfortable about them doing it.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Can My Bishop Interview My Child Without Me?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,