JB's Home Made Pizza

Jb' S Home Pizza - International Forum Gallery - Posted: 10th May, 2013 - 3:57pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 2 45 94 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 3 
Top  JB' s Home Made Pizza
Post Date: 9th May, 2013 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 37,548
Avg: 8.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 5,159.50 FP
Charm: 330

JB's Home Made Pizza

JB's Home Made Pizza

I tend to not like commercial pizza because the ingredients are too few, it is very expensive and most of all it just not taste as good as what I make at home. Here is one of my home made pizzas.

Ingedients for JB's Home Made Pizza:

* Celery
* Mushrooms
* Sweet peppers
* Tomatoes
* Onions
* Garnished with garlic, oregano and thyme

Not on this pizza but what I put sometimes:

* Pineapple
* Four cheeses sauce

I also use cheddar cheese because it is the most common locally. The attached photo is before I put it in the oven. It is at night so the photo came out a bit dark.

Attached Image

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th May, 2013 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 37,548
Avg: 8.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 5,159.50 FP
Charm: 330

Pizza Home JBs

This is after it comes out of the oven. Notice the number and size of the ingredients - these as a whole makes it a healthy additive because its not just cheese and flour. I also usually put thin strips of cheese on top to keep it together.

Cooking time: 10 minutes in a conventional oven.

Attached Image

Post Date: 9th May, 2013 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

JB's Home Made Pizza Gallery Forum International

Not bad for a home made pizza. Looks like you have cooking skills. I have a couple of remarks, though (don't consider me evil or finicky: I'm just Italian). I strongly disagree with the use of cheddar. Pizza=Mozzarella cheese. Not industrial, without preservatives and more light. Cheddar is too salty and makes the pizza heavy. But I understand that the price can become an issue. The second one is: looks like you didn't use a tomato sauce layer under the topping. That's important because will ensure the dough will not be dry and will also make it more enjoyable and more digestible. If you want to try, skin some tomatoes and boil them for an hour and a half adding some onion, some water (very few, tomatoes will make water by themselves) and just a pinch of salt. Let it boil until it becomes smooth (you can't see anymore the pieces of tomato floating in it, stir it often and destroy the tomatoes when they become soft) and a little bit thick.

This said, I guess the one in the picture is meant to be eaten by more than one person. If like that, is ok. Abroad is often like that (Pizza Hut culture, which is pizza only by name). A real pizza must have very thin dough (that's just the dish on which you serve the topping), lots of mozzarella and not too many of the rest because is meant for one person only and never has to be "heavy".

Don't get me wrong, this pizza looks good and I'm sure that the taste is good as well. Is just that, yeah, maybe I'm finicky.

Post Date: 9th May, 2013 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Felipe
Premium+
(+)

Pizza Home JBs

I have tried JB's pizza before. It was very nice, for me, the pizza is very light and not heavy though, it has a light juicy taste, especially the cheese and the vegetables, which is also very nice. I am not much of a pizza fan, even from the ones in those fast food places. Yes Bruconero you're right on that one - the pizza taste good!

Post Date: 10th May, 2013 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Pandora
Dia. Mod
(+)

Pizza Home JBs

Bruconero, you made me laugh when you said "Don't consider me evil or finicky, I am just Italian". I know exactly what you mean,my grandmother used to get angry when people would add oil to the water when cooking pasta. lol

JB, that pizza looks amazing!

Post Date: 10th May, 2013 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

JB
Admin
(+)

JB's Home Made Pizza

Attached Image QUOTE (Bruconero )
I have a couple of remarks, though

Don't worry, I read your Posts I know you have a strong view, besides my wife has Italian in her so I'm used to it.

Attached Image QUOTE
I strongly disagree with the use of cheddar. Pizza=Mozzarella cheese.

When I stop being hand to mouth and become wealthy I will start buying Mozzarella.

Attached Image QUOTE
The second one is: looks like you didn't use a tomato sauce layer under the topping.

Yes I did, I just did not mention it because it was generic as I did not have the usual Hunt's Four Cheeses sauce.

Attached Image QUOTE
If you want to try, skin some tomatoes and boil them for an hour and a half adding some onion

:spock: That is an acid attack, I rather keep my Ph levels in balance thanks.

Attached Image QUOTE
This said, I guess the one in the picture is meant to be eaten by more than one person

One each, one for Pandora and one for me! They are around 9" In diameter.

Attached Image QUOTE
I'm sure that the taste is good as well

Of course.

Post Date: 10th May, 2013 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

JB's Home Pizza

I know Mozzarella abroad is expensive (which makes no sense since producing it is very cheap. If you are interested, when I have time I will make a thread on how to make it at home. Is time consuming but very very cheap and the result is amazing). Also here its price is sky-high: I use it in the restaurant but never at home.

Yes, the tomato sauce is a little bit acidic (not too much if you use mature fruits and moreover you will put just few) but always better than canned products. If you worry about the acids, change some of the green peppers with rucola (raw) or eggplants.

A question: do you make the dough by yourself or you use an industrial product?

Rather off topic, but...
Rather off-topic, but I read in another thread that you use olive oil for frying (I forgot where, and correct me if I'm wrong). If that's the case, I would suggest you not to do it: that's a common mistake. Olive oil is light and health if raw but, when it reaches high temperatures, becomes one of the worst products for frying: heavy and dangerous. Even when used for cooking (inside a sauce for pasta, for instance) we always put it a few seconds before turning off the stove.
This is what I know for sure but I also read somewhere that at high temperatures (like using it for making french fries) can favor cancer (but I never found anything else about this so it could just be a myth).

Attached Image Message Edited...
JB: Offtopic tags added.

Post Date: 10th May, 2013 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

JB
Admin
(+)

JB's Home Pizza

Attached Image QUOTE (Bruconero)
If you are interested, when I have time I will make a thread on how to make it at home.

Sure, put in the Parenting / Recipe section.

Attached Image QUOTE
A question: do you make the dough by yourself or you use an industrial product?

Pandora used to make homemade but it is too time consuming so we use a local bread called "Sada" That is very similar to pizza dough.

Attached Image QUOTE
Rather off-topic, but I read in another thread that you use olive oil for frying

:spock: That is plenty off topic and I do not use olive oil for frying.

Post Date: Wed Apr 25, 2018 - 4:46:56 GMT / Post ID: #

History

We break from JB's Home Made Pizza to share scoop from old times:
HistoricToday is: 25th April (GMT), in history on the 25th of April, 1970 AD the following event happened:
Freda Payne releases "Band of Gold"

Guest please SHARE: "JB's Home Made Pizza" on:

+  1 2 3 
Sponsored Links:

Topics like "JB's Home Made Pizza" may just be one of many, do use the Search to find more
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: JB's Home Made Pizza

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Unanswered

The below Topics have Zero Replies, can you be the first to comment on one or more of them?
Updated: Every 30 mins.

Highlights

Russia vs USA: Will there be a World War over the expansion of Russia? By Opinion 12 Hours Ago
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 23 Hours Ago
What Does A Drug Mule Look Like?: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Hunter 6.2 Days Ago
Donald Trump: Can you see him as the next President of one of the most powerful countries in the world, the United States of America? By News 1 Week Ago
The Trump Immigration Wall: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 1st Apr, 2018 - 11:12am
Bulletproof Backpacks: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Champion 24th Mar, 2018 - 7:36pm
A Science Fiction Continue The Story RPG: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By anronrosby 20th Mar, 2018 - 5:54am
Nikolas Cruz: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Comstat 10th Mar, 2018 - 3:52pm
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 7th Feb, 2018 - 12:03am
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm
Wide Screen Columns: Now your screen is not as empty as before. What are your thoughts about this new feature in the Community? By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am
Offensive Trademarks: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm

Updated every: 14 minutes