JB's Home Made Pizza

Jb' S Home Pizza - International Forum Gallery - Posted: 10th May, 2013 - 3:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Top  JB' s Home Made Pizza
9th May, 2013 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

JB's Home Made Pizza

JB's Home Made Pizza

I tend to not like commercial pizza because the ingredients are too few, it is very expensive and most of all it just not taste as good as what I make at home. Here is one of my home made pizzas.

Ingedients for JB's Home Made Pizza:

* Celery
* Mushrooms
* Sweet peppers
* Tomatoes
* Onions
* Garnished with garlic, oregano and thyme

Not on this pizza but what I put sometimes:

* Pineapple
* Four cheeses sauce

I also use cheddar cheese because it is the most common locally. The attached photo is before I put it in the oven. It is at night so the photo came out a bit dark.

JB's Home Made Pizza
JB's Home Made Pizza (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
9th May, 2013 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Pizza Home JBs

This is after it comes out of the oven. Notice the number and size of the ingredients - these as a whole makes it a healthy additive because its not just cheese and flour. I also usually put thin strips of cheese on top to keep it together.

Cooking time: 10 minutes in a conventional oven.

JB's Home Made Pizza
JB's Home Made Pizza (Hover)

9th May, 2013 - 5:17pm / Post ID: #

JB's Home Made Pizza Gallery Forum International

Not bad for a home made pizza. Looks like you have cooking skills. I have a couple of remarks, though (don't consider me evil or finicky: I'm just Italian). I strongly disagree with the use of cheddar. Pizza=Mozzarella cheese. Not industrial, without preservatives and more light. Cheddar is too salty and makes the pizza heavy. But I understand that the price can become an issue. The second one is: looks like you didn't use a tomato sauce layer under the topping. That's important because will ensure the dough will not be dry and will also make it more enjoyable and more digestible. If you want to try, skin some tomatoes and boil them for an hour and a half adding some onion, some water (very few, tomatoes will make water by themselves) and just a pinch of salt. Let it boil until it becomes smooth (you can't see anymore the pieces of tomato floating in it, stir it often and destroy the tomatoes when they become soft) and a little bit thick.

This said, I guess the one in the picture is meant to be eaten by more than one person. If like that, is ok. Abroad is often like that (Pizza Hut culture, which is pizza only by name). A real pizza must have very thin dough (that's just the dish on which you serve the topping), lots of mozzarella and not too many of the rest because is meant for one person only and never has to be "heavy".

Don't get me wrong, this pizza looks good and I'm sure that the taste is good as well. Is just that, yeah, maybe I'm finicky.

9th May, 2013 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Pizza Home JBs

I have tried JB's pizza before. It was very nice, for me, the pizza is very light and not heavy though, it has a light juicy taste, especially the cheese and the vegetables, which is also very nice. I am not much of a pizza fan, even from the ones in those fast food places. Yes Bruconero you're right on that one - the pizza taste good!

10th May, 2013 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Pizza Home JBs

Bruconero, you made me laugh when you said "Don't consider me evil or finicky, I am just Italian". I know exactly what you mean,my grandmother used to get angry when people would add oil to the water when cooking pasta. laugh.gif

JB, that pizza looks amazing!

10th May, 2013 - 2:51pm / Post ID: #

JB's Home Made Pizza

international QUOTE (Bruconero )
I have a couple of remarks, though

Don't worry, I read your Posts I know you have a strong view, besides my wife has Italian in her so I'm used to it.

international QUOTE
I strongly disagree with the use of cheddar. Pizza=Mozzarella cheese.

When I stop being hand to mouth and become wealthy I will start buying Mozzarella.

international QUOTE
The second one is: looks like you didn't use a tomato sauce layer under the topping.

Yes I did, I just did not mention it because it was generic as I did not have the usual Hunt's Four Cheeses sauce.

international QUOTE
If you want to try, skin some tomatoes and boil them for an hour and a half adding some onion

spock.gif That is an acid attack, I rather keep my Ph levels in balance thanks.

international QUOTE
This said, I guess the one in the picture is meant to be eaten by more than one person

One each, one for Pandora and one for me! They are around 9" In diameter.

international QUOTE
I'm sure that the taste is good as well

Of course.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th May, 2013 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

JB's Home Pizza

I know Mozzarella abroad is expensive (which makes no sense since producing it is very cheap. If you are interested, when I have time I will make a thread on how to make it at home. Is time consuming but very very cheap and the result is amazing). Also here its price is sky-high: I use it in the restaurant but never at home.

Yes, the tomato sauce is a little bit acidic (not too much if you use mature fruits and moreover you will put just few) but always better than canned products. If you worry about the acids, change some of the green peppers with rucola (raw) or eggplants.

A question: do you make the dough by yourself or you use an industrial product?

Rather off topic, but...
Rather off-topic, but I read in another thread that you use olive oil for frying (I forgot where, and correct me if I'm wrong). If that's the case, I would suggest you not to do it: that's a common mistake. Olive oil is light and health if raw but, when it reaches high temperatures, becomes one of the worst products for frying: heavy and dangerous. Even when used for cooking (inside a sauce for pasta, for instance) we always put it a few seconds before turning off the stove.
This is what I know for sure but I also read somewhere that at high temperatures (like using it for making french fries) can favor cancer (but I never found anything else about this so it could just be a myth).

Edited Message Edited...
JB: Offtopic tags added.

10th May, 2013 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

JB's Home Pizza International Forum Gallery

international QUOTE (Bruconero)
If you are interested, when I have time I will make a thread on how to make it at home.

Sure, put in the Parenting / Recipe section.

international QUOTE
A question: do you make the dough by yourself or you use an industrial product?

Pandora used to make homemade but it is too time consuming so we use a local bread called "Sada" That is very similar to pizza dough.

international QUOTE
Rather off-topic, but I read in another thread that you use olive oil for frying

spock.gif That is plenty off topic and I do not use olive oil for frying.

+  1 2 3 

Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
# Words:
# Sentences:
# Paragraphs:
Reading Time:
Optional:
Search

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: JB's Home Made Pizza

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,