How Corrupt Is Your Country?

How Corrupt Country - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Jan, 2005 - 1:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 27th Oct, 2004 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

How Corrupt is Your Country?

Humans are susceptible to corruption, blackmail and other criminal acts, but some are more susceptible than others. You can find the report via the link below and then tell us if you think it was accurate or not about your country. There is an Excel document you have to download. Just for your info, the most corrupt country as rated by Transparency International (TI) 2004 Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) is Haiti with Bangladesh following a close second. The least corrupt is Finland
Ref. https://www.icgg.org/corruption.cpi_2004.html

Sponsored Links:
27th Oct, 2004 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Country Your Corrupt How

Trinidad & Tobago came in with a score of 51 and that is not surprising. That is an actual drop from last year which shows things are just getting worst here. As far as accuracy, I am thinking that it is worst.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

2nd Nov, 2004 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

How Corrupt Is Your Country? History & Civil Business Politics

Israel is number 26 with a a rating of 6.4. I actually epected it to be lower, there's lots of crime there (at some areas, not all.) and it's very dirty in the streets, especially in big cities like Tel Aviv or Natania.

I didn't know Haiti was that curropt...

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

4th Nov, 2004 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

Country Your Corrupt How

I think corruption is referring to government, not criminals (that is to say, to the legal criminals wink.gif )

Also, corrupt can mean without integrity or it can mean simply departed from correct ways (with no ill intent particularly).

I would place the US and Britain as some of the least corrupt of countries because they still have many correct traditions in their governments (by my last definition), but by the more common definition of corruption I would have to place them both in the top five or so (along with China, Russia, et. al) - of course, I speak not of populaces but of factions in government and powers behind them and of their dealings and influence in other nations which often seem but are not the originators of events.

Dubhdara.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 100 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 10%

4th Nov, 2004 - 10:52am / Post ID: #

Country Your Corrupt How

For me corruption is simply manipulating the 'system' to get gain outside of the parameters that are set for 'normal' usage. This is most often done through the use of public office for which many countries are starting to introduce harsh fines and imprisonment for violating this 'sacred' trust.

By the way, if you looked at the list in the link provided you will see that the USA comes in at 17. I did not look up the UK.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2005 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I believe Nigeria is one of the worlds worst...ironically corruption doesn't have much to do with a nations success. China and India have had huge corruption scandals and are still growing and phenomenal speeds

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2005 - 7:58am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Corrupt Your Country

My country is one of the most corrupt...and the crime rate is very low (how about that). But people are so use to give and receive bribes that feel so natural to do it. But hopefully things will change!

Message Edited!
NightHawk:
Minor corrections to spelling and grammar. However, I noticed that a couple of the spelling errors would have made it past the spell check. Please try to make sure you are using the correct words. wink.gif

Reconcile Edited: Nighthawk on 4th Jan, 2005 - 1:19pm

4th Jan, 2005 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

How Corrupt Your Country Politics Business Civil & History

I am not an expert in any way on corruption. The types of corruption we see in the US are generally isolated cases, not systemic in nature.

Maicman, what you appear to be referring to lines up with much of what I have heard about other parts of the world, especially Latin America and the Middle East, from people who have lived and worked there.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: How Corrupt Is Your Country?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,