Boredom - Page 2 of 2

Why do we fall asleep when bored? Why do we - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 30th Sep, 2017 - 7:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Something Psychological or Environmental?
17th Mar, 2005 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Boredom - Page 2

I think boredom has probably always existed. I think it part of the human existance. What bores me might be of great interest to someone else. So, to that extent, it is up to the individual. However, I should think if one was in solitary confinement for a long time, no matter who they were, it is likely they would be bored. So, to that extent, it could be an environmental factor.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Nov, 2006 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Boredom

I too agree that one's environment can lead to a sense of boredom.

However, I believe it has more to do with the individual.
I can sit in a long meeting without becoming bored. I'm one of those people who's mind can wander to anything. So I'm actually never bored. The meeting may be related to something boring..which simply means that I am not interested in the topic. But that doesnt mean I'm actually bored. Yet the person next to me could be fidgeting or sleeping away on himself.

My best friend's mother had two sayings:

"shes not weird...shes different" biggrin.gif
AND
"theres no such thing as being bored...there are only boring minds"

That was 15yrs ago...and both have stayed with me

14th Nov, 2006 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Boredom Health & Special Psychology

I can sit in a long meeting without becoming bored. I'm one of those people who's mind can wander to anything. So I'm actually never bored. The meeting may be related to something boring..which simply means that I am not interested in the topic. But that doesnt mean I'm actually bored.

You are really lucky wink.gif. I get bored pretty easily, I suppose is the ADHD on me. I may be able to pretend that I am not bored if it is a work meeting for instance but at some point, I start yawning and not only my mind loses focus but also my eyes. At those times, I usually get up and go to the restroom.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2006 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #

Boredom
A Friend

Page 2 Boredom

I think boredom is more environmental than psychological.

As a young child, I never knew what bored meant - I was well into my teens before I understood the concept and to this day, I'm not sure I know 'how' to be bored.

Why? As a young child, we didn't have a television at home (by my parents' choice) therefore I entertained myself instead of waiting to be entertained. I read books, wrote stories and poems, played with my siblings, or just daydreamed by myself - alone time meant I was doing something, never "bored".

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2017 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Boredom

Why do we fall asleep when bored? Why do we have the tendency to fall asleep in the absence of motivating stimuli, i.e., when bored. Source 7n.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Boredom

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,