George W. Bush - The Next Move - Page 21 of 28

Bush is going to ride this one out now. He - Page 21 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Sep, 2008 - 5:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25  ...Latest (28) »

?
Poll: Do You Think Bush is 'Right' In Decisions He Has Taken?
  Yes, 100% on the money       6.67%
  Yes, but only some crucial ones       20.00%
  Not really, good only on small decisions       20.00%
  No, he is making big mistakes       53.33%
Total Votes: 30
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
What can we expect from Pres. Bush for the next four years?
George W. Bush - The Next Move Related Information to George W. Bush - The Next Move
25th Sep, 2008 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move - Page 21

So now it will be Congress to blame if the US hits a long and painful recession?

QUOTE (USA Today)
WASHINGTON - In a prime-time address to the nation, President Bush warned of a "long and painful recession" if Congress does not take action on a bailout package soon and said "our entire economy is in danger."

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
25th Sep, 2008 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Move The Bush W George

We've been in a recession for a while now... it's hardly Congress to blame, but it won't seem that way to folks who aren't paying attention. Congress is actually trying to save the next 2 generations of Americans from paying for a bailout of companies that should just *fail* for their own stupidity and bad business practices.

Two steps to a better America:
1. Pay Attention
2. Vote

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

25th Sep, 2008 - 5:34am / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move History & Civil Business Politics

Congress has a lot of fault in this debacle of epic proportions. The passing of something called the Commodities Futures Modernizations Act presented by Senators Phil Gramm and Richard Lugar was basically the icing on the cake and a very key driver of the SubPrime Meltdown. Now I dont particularly like all the political biting in the story, the facts are correct...especially the 1,2,3...section.

Source 2

Most of Europe did some deregulation of their banks starting in about 1980 and they reported good results from the effort. It stimulated the economy by allowing more freedom to give credit. Basically, it was a fad that made everyone's bottom line look better. Now it wasnt just one law that the congress passed, there has been a history of them going back the last few decades that have inched us closer to this point. A history line kind of shows us how we got here...

Source 7

Not a lot of meat there, but a OK timeline of events and they are all necessary to get us to this point today and also show us how we ended up with the deregulated S&L Crisis. The best part is that you cannot go to one party and say it is your fault...they all have representatives and those representatives voted overwhelmingly YES. Lots of blame to go around. So yes, Ms. Pelosi, you are at fault and there are records to show you voted that way.

We have been in a recession or at least a stagcession as the economy has really been spinning in neutral for a couple years now. It really hasnt hurt too much, so no one complains too greatly. We heard more screaming about gas prices than our economy over the last couple years. However, this crisis will be enough to tip it over into a severe recession and the US Taxpayer will pay one way or another, we are just trying to define how the payment will be made, since these banks are federally insured and more so as a result of one of the acts that was passed in deregulation.

The way I see it is the following question. Do we want to keep the current banking infrastructure and fix the holes in it or do we want to scrub it all clean, as we let them fail, and develop a whole new infrastructure in the wake of the failures?

Source 4
Source 2

Wow, Phil Gramm certainly does have his name on quite a bit of deregulation legislation. One might even call him a champion of the deregulation cause!

Now to be fair, the spirit of these laws was good. They did have amiable goals. However, there doesnt appear to be the least bit of a cursory look at weak points in the legislation. How can the banks, insurance companies and mortgage companies pervert this to extremes? Again, all these acts passes with not even the least bit of resistance from either side. As a matter of fact, they were trying to put more deregulation on the bills and that was about the only thing that slowed them down.

Sure, the president could have vetoed any of these bills, but with the approval rates that they got in the voting, it would have been a wasted veto. Still, it would have been a noble effort and quite the historical bit of info today had it been done!

As FarSeer says, voting is important. We made these people our representatives and they failed us. The banking, mortgage and insurance companies didnt deregulate themselves. They had help and lots of it in a federal form. Most of them are not around now, but there are a few. They are busy not point fingers of blame at each other and telling us that they want to get this right. Guess what, you had that chance and you blew it! So basically, if you have a representative that you are voting for that has been in office for about 8-10 years, they betrayed your trust (check the votes, but most of the laws passed by about a 80-90% margin, so there is a slight chance your rep made the right call...but it is a SLIM chance).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2008 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move
A Friend

Page 21 Move The Bush W George

I have a feeling that my kids and their kids and even their kids are going to be paying a lot of money to get us back to a clear road.

29th Sep, 2008 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Move The Bush W George

The US is sinking and Bush just played a last card effort to 'save' the economy of the US but the House slapped him in the face... what oh what will be the next move now?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

29th Sep, 2008 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move

Its funny that the Congress is blaming Bush,they are as much at fault in this as he is. Through the 90's and beyond the Democrats in Congress have pushed to force companies to give loans to individuals who could not afford them, especially in the case of Fannie and Freddy. It was inevitable that these loans were going to default, partially causing the collapse that we see today.

But I would also like to discuss the following opinion that I have of Mr. Bush

George Bush is the most liberal President we have had in years:

1: Major spending increases, though not quite as high as some liberals would want, are much more then most conservatives are comfortable with (No child left Behind, expanded spending on homeland security, Aids relief in Africa).

2: He is extremely lax on the boarders.By trying to give amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants he has leaned much more to the Left.

3 He has Enlarged Governmental influence, especially in the realm of Security and education.

4. He has a similar record to Franklin D Roosevelt when it comes to fighting the "Shadow War" with similar stretching of the Constitution to fight against against the enemies of the United States (known Nazi's in the United States were imprisoned without trial and some were executed as spies without a regular "trial")

5. This president has become very "Liberal" on his views of nation building and spreading Democracy throughout the world, something that he said would not be part of his presidency (though I realize that the world has changed and we do have to become a little more involved with the rest of the World)

I think Bush would be more popular if he actually was more Conservative in his actions. A significant negative part of his ratings are from Conservatives like me who do not think he is Conservative enough in what he has done.

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Sep, 2008 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

George W. Bush The Move - Page 21

QUOTE (JB)
what oh what will be the next move now?

Diversionary tactics. Look for a "new" war, a very major "terrorist" attack, or some other BIG military action in the next couple of weeks. Guess what happened the last time the economy tanked? 9/11. Did anyone notice how low it went back then, after the strike? No-o-o-ope. We were too busy mourning and getting angry with terrorists. Call me crazy, call it conspiracy theory, but how else can the government get out of this one?!? Distract the public's attention to something "bigger" than the economy.

What really upsets me is that our so-called news media is reporting this bailout as a RESCUE. Excuse me? Who is being rescued? And who is getting raked over the coals for generations to come? This is a bailout, plain and simple, and good for the House to say "No!" to robbing the American taxpayer.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

30th Sep, 2008 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

George W. Bush The Move Politics Business Civil & History - Page 21

Bush is going to ride this one out now. He had a proposal that was rejected by Congress. At that point, Bush pretty much was able to say he did what he could do and now it is up to Congress to get it done. Now, you will hear him bite a bit a congress for taking a holiday after basically throwing the market in turmoil with their no vote.

This wasn't a vote against Bush or Pelosi for that matter (although, she really should have held her tongue before the vote if she wanted to look like a hero. her pep talk before the vote is a convenient excuse for the bills failure.). This was a vote for everyone that wants to look like Obama when they can say...I DIDNT VOTE FOR THAT! NOT ME! So this vote was more about re-election politics rather than a vote to say we have to fix things. The interesting things it that should any of them really look at the situation, it doesnt matter how you voted, you are going to wear mud. If you vote for it...then you voted to spend a ridiculous sum of money to help companies that have screwed up beyond belief. If you vote no, then you are going to have thrown a lot of people out of work and the government is still going to have to pay enormous sums of money.

Dont look for Bush to do much with his time left. Although, the one though I have had for quite a while still concerns me and it will not be Bush's fault if it happens. I can easily see Israel taking action against Iran after the election and before the inauguration. I am just not sure how they will do it, but that would be the right timing for a confused response from the US.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

> TOPIC: George W. Bush - The Next Move

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,