George W. Bush - The Next Move - Page 12 of 28

How typical of governments. One of the top - Page 12 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Apr, 2006 - 4:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 28 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (28) »

?
Poll: Do You Think Bush is 'Right' In Decisions He Has Taken?
  Yes, 100% on the money       6.67%
  Yes, but only some crucial ones       20.00%
  Not really, good only on small decisions       20.00%
  No, he is making big mistakes       53.33%
Total Votes: 30
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
What can we expect from Pres. Bush for the next four years?
George W. Bush - The Next Move Related Information to George W. Bush - The Next Move
7th Apr, 2006 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move - Page 12

Facing terrorism is something no leader US or foreign has tried and he will be remembered for it.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this comment? Are you suggesting that terrorism began with September 11? Or are you suggesting that terrorism only occurs against the US?

Either way I don't agree with this. Bush is not the first and certainly wont be the last leader to face terrorism. In fact the US is nowhere near the most targeted country when it comes to terrorism. You've had one devastating attack in how long? As bad as September 11 was, it certainly wasn't as devastating as many acts of genocide around the world. This is also terrorism.

In my opinion, I think Bush and his pals will be regarded, inside and outside the US, as one of the worst administrations that country has had. Their foreign policy has destroyed the goodwill America has built up over many years. I can't speak extensively about his domestic policy, but Nighthawk mentioned that it was a weakness of the current administration. So where are the strengths?

Malexander, do you think Mr Card was a scapegoat? How on earth can a chief of staff be blamed for unpopular policy? Chief of staffs don't really have much input in that area.

I would like to suggest that Bush's next move could be out the front door of the Whitehouse. If the allegations by Lewis Scooter Libby are true, Bush must be removed immediately. He has allegedly released classified information for political gain. Please read the link below.

Bush authorised Iraq 'leak', White House aide testifies - The Independent
A senior White House official has told prosecutors that President George Bush authorised the dissemination of previously classified intelligence about Iraq's purported weapons arsenal to the media. 

He testified that he had been given permission to share the contents of a National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) about Saddam Hussein's weapons capabilities.

Mr Libby's testimony, given to a grand jury before he was charged, reveals that the authorisation from Mr Bush led to him speaking with Judith Miller, who was then a reporter with The New York Times, and discussing with her the contents of the NIE on Iraq.

I hope that these allegations by Libby are untrue. The world is a much better place when the US Administration is on the ball.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 7th Apr, 2006 - 1:02pm

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Sponsored Links:
15th Apr, 2006 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

Move The Bush W George

Do you think it was wise of President Bush to publicly support his Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, seeing that he has been the biggest lightning rod for criticism since the war in Iraq started?

Rumsfeld has been a lightning rod for criticism since the war began in March 2003.

He was blamed for committing too few U.S. troops and for underestimating the strength of the insurgency. He took heat in 2004 over the abuse of Iraqi prisoners at the U.S. Army-run Abu Ghraib prison, and for a brusque response he gave to an Army National Guard soldier in Kuwait who questioned him on inadequate armor.

Republicans in Congress have offered Rumsfeld little in the way of public support.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

15th Apr, 2006 - 8:28am / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move History & Civil Business Politics

I don't think it was wise, Rumsfeld should have gone a long time ago in my opinion.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2006 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 12 Move The Bush W George

Breaking News

White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan announces resignation.
Ref. CNN.com

26th Apr, 2006 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

Move The Bush W George

Sources: Snow takes White House job

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Fox News' Tony Snow is set to move from the anchor chair to the hot seat, agreeing to take on the role of White House press secretary amid slumping poll ratings for President Bush.

The appointment of Snow, who has formally accepted the job, will be announced Wednesday morning, according to three Republican sources familiar with Snow's discussions with the White House.

https://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/25/snow/index.html

It always seemed, to me at least, that McClellan was always uncomfortable as White House Press Secretary. Snow seems to be a more confident person, and it will be interesting if his presence can help the President's slumping poll numbers.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

26th Apr, 2006 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move

What a surprise. A Fox News anchor has gotten the job. These guys play the role of Bush's press secretary through their extremely biased "reporting". At leats now it is official for this guy.

I agree on McCleland, I was never impressed with him, he seemed very ordinary.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2006 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

George W. Bush The Move - Page 12

Analysis: Bush's New Effort, Old Problems

Speaking of Bush:

He's getting credit for trying to save his ailing presidency. But is it beyond the point of political recovery? "It takes a lot more than one day of good news or two days of good news to turn polls around," says Charles Franklin, political science professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. "It doesn't take much bad news to keep the polls down. You keeping getting hit."
Ref. https://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060426/ap_on_...sh_old_problems

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2006 - 4:44am / Post ID: #

George W. Bush - The Next Move
A Friend

George W. Bush The Move Politics Business Civil & History - Page 12

How typical of governments. One of the top brass is under fire so someone lower takes the fall. Bush should have told Rumsfeld to retire and step down. He hasn't done a good job in this war and must be held, at least in part, responsible for Bush's low approval rating over this war.

> TOPIC: George W. Bush - The Next Move

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,