Obese Passengers - Page 2 of 2

The main problem is the lack of self awareness. - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Mar, 2020 - 2:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
  Obese Passengers Not only how heavy are your suitcases, but how heavy are you?
1st Mar, 2005 - 9:46am / Post ID: #

Obese Passengers - Page 2

That is kind of the point I am trying to make. With the crazy US laws, if you make the obese pay for 2 seats, then shouldn't someone that is really thin get a discount? If I am the obese person, then if I pay for 2 seats, they really should be comfortable (straddling 2 seats is not comfortable) seats. If we start going that far, then you might entertain a ticketing by weight basis. However, that brings up problems for the really tall thin people, who really aren't taking up that much more space horizontally (most of what we are concerned with on this thread), but may weigh more than your normal passenger. Really short people that are rather thick for their size would fall into a special niche too! It sounds extreme, but these law suits will happen in the US and from past awards, they will win.

Of course, if you make the seats comfortable for all, then the airlines cant make a profit. I really believe the best way to handle the situation is the way that Gaucho described. I have actually been the beneficiary of a free flight for volunteering to take a later flight. I fly quite a bit and this has only happened once. You are FAR more likely to encounter over-booking of a flight (where the airline actually tried to jamb two people into one seat on the off chance someone doesnt show up)! laugh.gif

Vincenzo

Sponsored Links:
1st Mar, 2005 - 1:03pm / Post ID: #

Passengers Obese

international QUOTE
However, that brings up problems for the really tall thin people, who really aren't taking up that much more space horizontally (Most of what we are concerned with on this thread), but may weigh more than your normal passenger.

This has gotten a bit off topic. This thread was originally started because the airlines were finding they were using more fuel because of obesity, not a complaint about how they filled a seat. My original suggestion was that we charge per weight. If the issue is that the more you weigh, the more it takes to fly you someplace, then even a tall skinny person should pay more because it costs more to transport them. So, it doesn't matter how much of a seat they take up, they are still costing the airline more.

The discussion regarding the overflow into other seats is a valid one, but it wasn't a part of the original discussion or dilemma.

Post Date: 7th May, 2017 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Obese Passengers Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Man sues airline over 'grossly obese' passengers

AN AUSTRALIAN man is suing American Airlines after he became injured sitting next to two "Grossly obese" passengers on a flight. Ref. Source 1k.

Post Date: 8th May, 2017 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

Obese Passengers
A Friend

Page 2 Passengers Obese

$100k, that's a lot of back pain. How did he figure he deserved that much because he sat next to overweight passengers? And why not sue the passengers?

19th Mar, 2020 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

Passengers Obese

The main problem is the lack of self awareness. I don't think really big people know just how really big they are because they are used to their size.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Obese Passengers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,