Longest Without Shutting Down System

Longest Shutting System - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 20th Jan, 2005 - 8:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 8th Nov, 2004 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

I would just hate to have to restart my computer often, it is probably a lucky thing I do not have to wink.gif So, let me ask, what is the longest period of time you have been able to keep your computer running and on without having to reboot while using it for day to day activities? Tell us which operating system you are using.

Sponsored Links:
13th Nov, 2004 - 5:40pm / Post ID: #

System Shutting Longest

A job I used to have ran a Unix system and virtually never shut it down. I can remember only a few times, and that may have been power failure related.

My own computer I shut down every night, it's actually on only about 2 to 3 hours a day on weekdays, a little more on weekends.

14th Nov, 2004 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

Longest Without Shutting Down System Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Maybe three days for the most, and that was just because I was downloading various items and did not want to break the connection. Other than that it is usually once a day or more to clear memory and clean the system as I am a power user (I use multiple programs at once).

14th Nov, 2004 - 4:53am / Post ID: #

System Shutting Longest

I have had my home pc running for a month now without shutting it down. I am one of those people who believe that shutting down regularly does more harm than good, so I avoid it as much as possible. The last time I shut it down was because I installed a Windows update.

14th Nov, 2004 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

System Shutting Longest

That is a long time, but how many programs do you use when it is running? Is it just to surf the net alone? You use Win Me right?

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2004 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I usually shut down my computer once or twice a day. Depends on what i'm doing. But at least once a day. Usually because of installing some updates or something like that.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Nov, 2004 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Longest Shutting System

Yes, it is WinME and you are right, I surf on it for the most part. I do run some monitoring software for my wireless network, and the normal AV, Spyware software. One application that I run is a memory manager which will automatically reallocate unused memory and I find that this helps in not having to reboot or power down. I also manually clean up cookies, temp internet files, etc at least once a week.

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2005 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Longest Shutting System Computer Issues & Video Gaming

My main computer runs pretty consistently, usually for months without having to be shut down (running Windows XP). I recently had to shut it down to install a memory update.
I also run to servers running linux - Slackware 10. These are rarely shut down, but I have had some problems with power outages.
My main computer is connected to an Uninteruptable Power Supply, but I don't have an extra one to plug my servers into.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Longest Without Shutting Down System

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,