Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2004 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

Clix! (paper)
A Friend

Clix! (paper)

Anyone here play any of Wizkids clix games?
Mage Knight- Medieval
Mech Warrior- Science Fiction
Heroclix- Superheroes
Sports Clix- Baseball

I have played both Mage Knight and Heroclix and they are great fun. I would love to play regularly, but the game schedule and my schedule are constantly out of sync. The game is almost a kind of Reader's Digest RPG. The figures have their stats printed on a rotating dial eliminating the need for pen and paper game keeping. If you have played it what do you think of it?

Sponsored Links:
11th Nov, 2004 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

paper Clix

I have no idea what that is and since you are on the topic why don't you give us some description and a reference link to what it looks like?

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2004 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Clix! (paper)
A Friend

Clix! (paper) Reviews RPG & Card Board

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 11-Nov 04, 11:41 AM)
I have no idea what that is and since you are on the topic why don't you give us some description and a reference link to what it looks like?

Ask and ye shall receive:

user posted image

Heroclix Dial
user posted image

The Heroclix Dial above is more simplified than the Mage Knight and Mechwarrior Dials.

Check these links to see the clix websites. The websites offer the complete rules for each game in pdf for free download.

Heroclix

Mage Knight

MechWarrior

Sports Clix

12th Nov, 2004 - 4:49pm / Post ID: #

paper Clix

So is this more of a board game or an RPG? I like the idea that your character has its' stats on it, but based on the 'amount' of stats it looks like the game is not very deep? What is the recommended age level for it?

Post Date: 13th Nov, 2004 - 3:40am / Post ID: #

Clix! (paper)
A Friend

paper Clix

Offhand I can't tell you the recommended age level of Heroclix, but whenever I have gotten a chance to play, the ages of players run from about 10 to 40. The roleplaying aspect is that you get to play your favorite heroes or villains. The combat is also similar in that you roll and compare stats for attack and defense with modifiers based on powers, abilities and team affiliations. Unlike RPG you character doesn't grow and advance and the game doesn't have an ongoing story.*
However, many games are run with scenarios, oftentimes they are based on comicbook plots or storylines. Instead of DM's or GM's, Heroclix has Judges. The Judge is usually the person who provides the scenario for play, settles disputes or answers questions related to rules, or tactics. The Judges are in place because Wizkids sends out limited edition figures (game pieces) to be awarded to the first place winner, and a fellowship award to the player with the best sportsmanship of each sponsored game.
While the Heroclix dial shown above is rather simple, other clix games (Mage Knight and MechWarrior) have slightly more complex dials. Granted, none come close to the complexities of an RPG character, but it allows for quicker gameplay. With an upcoming release Wizkids will be adding feat cards and cards to simulate battlefield conditions. This is probably a good game for people who are considering getting into an RPG, or for people who have trouble maintaining a regular RPG group (Heroclix can easily be played with two people).

O.

*Mage Knight does have a section of it's website devoted to stories written about the struggles of the differing factions, and the outcome of certain games can affect the storyline (games are run by "Warlords" that record the games outcomes and report them on the Wizkids website).

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2005 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Clix! (paper)
A Friend

Clix! (paper)

Yea man, I have recently been introduced to Heroclix. It's a pretty fun game, I can't speak for Mageknight or any other system, but I was able to pick up the basics of Heroclix in a mock three-hundred point game. Mind controll seems more powerful than any other ability in my opionion, but then again, I've only played two games so correct me if I'm wrong.
While its true that Heroclix doesn't afford you with the chance for deep gameplay it still has its place at the table. I, for one, like to play something lite every now and again and while Heroclix isn't the most sophisticated game, it is good for a "Hoop and a Holler." Hero's beat things up and get beaten themselves; It's what they do, and it's what thay do the best- And let's face it, it's fun to watch someone do what they do best.
Unferth

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Sep, 2005 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Clix! (paper)
A Friend

Clix! paper

I play Hero Clix! with a friend who is absolutely obsessed with them. he knows what every power does for half the things he got. he really abuses the powers of domino..... the game itself is very fun with many different strategies like buy lots of weak dudes to flank the stronger dudes. or go half and half with strong and weak. you should NEVER get the number of characters as the number of action points you have... my teammate last time was very very incompetent and used 2 strong guys that could only act once every two rounds. because of him the other side had a bloodless victory on their part.

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2006 - 12:22pm / Post ID: #

Clix! (paper)
A Friend

Clix! paper Board Card & RPG Reviews

When I lived in California, I played Chronopia, an amazing table top rpg. When I moved I couldn't find it anymore though. I have a few clix. Most of them I bought at hastings waiting in the check out line though.

Message Edited!
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate.

> TOPIC: Clix! (paper)

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,