Retiring - Retirement

Retiring Retirement - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Dec, 2004 - 8:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Where do you want to be?
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2004 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Retiring - Retirement

When you get old and it is time to retire - do you want to stay in the area you are currently residing or move to somewhere special? For most in the US, Florida is the place, but maybe that is changing now?

international QUOTE
FORGET FLORIDA -- WEST IS NEW RETIREE HOT SPOT

When Steve Marsh first drove into this dusty town outside Las Vegas, he took one look at the gravel roads and sagebrush flats and grunted: "This is in the middle of nowhere." This small blue-collar town doesn't seem like much. But it boasts miles of clean, open space and is surrounded by desert mountains. Ref. Source

Sponsored Links:
15th Nov, 2004 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Retirement Retiring

I wouldn't say Florida is where "most" in the US want to retire. It's not for me -- I can handle earthquakes better than hurricanes!

I want to retire somewhere where the water isn't imported from somewhere else (i.e. So. Calif. gets a lot of its water from Colorado), where the income tax is low or non-existent, and where I can be independent on land of my own and my neighbors are not too close. Not desert, not the tropics, not icy cold mountains, but a moderate climate. I have no idea where that would be. Guess I need to get out more smile.gif

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

15th Nov, 2004 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Retiring - Retirement History & Civil Business Politics

I would really like to get a nice, sweet camper, and tour the country. I am intrigued with visiting new places, and what better time to do this when you are retired and dont have to worry about work and kids.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

17th Nov, 2004 - 6:10am / Post ID: #

Retirement Retiring

Australia would be excellent, especially in one of the small towns on the coast a couple hours south of Sydney. Maybe I'm just a homesick RM, but it's honestly one of the most beautiful areas I have ever visited.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 11 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.1%

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2004 - 6:01am / Post ID: #

Retiring - Retirement
A Friend

Retirement Retiring

QUOTE (FarSeer @ 14-Nov 04, 7:35 PM)
I want to retire somewhere where the water isn't imported from somewhere else <> where the income tax is low or non-existent, and where I can be independent on land of my own and my neighbors are not too close. Not desert, not the tropics, not icy cold mountains, but a moderate climate.

Four months ago I didn't even have an opinion on this. I was okay with where I was living. Now that I am married and my Sweetheart will be retiring in three years (not getting *old* mind you, Latina ~ just retiring [for the second time too BTW]).

What you are looking for FarSeer is so close to what we are too. We want our water to be from the land, i.e. good well, creek, river, spring. My Sweetheart really isn't interested in mowing the lawn and yardwork. I am interested in having a sustainable property. Edible landscaping! I also want to have Pygmy Goats. As long as they are NOT the full size goats I really don't care. I used to have crossbred goats ~ Between Nubian and pygmy ~ they were the sweetest guys. I had as much fun with them as I did with my dog. The four of us, two goats, me and the dog played every day for hours on end. Don't know if I could deal with chickens, had BIG problems with them when I was a child.

My Sweetheart wants to travel around to look for a place to retire to. That is fine by me, as long as I know we will settle down in a couple of years. He wouldn't mind living the winter here in Arizona and the summer elsewhere ~ we just have to find the elsewhere.

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2004 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

Retiring - Retirement
A Friend

Retiring - Retirement

I allready now where I am going to retire but I still have to wait saome 40 years for that. No meater where I will be at that age I will come back home to live in a small village near the mountain I grow up on! There is a vila in a clearing just you get in the forest. A smal river is passing by ( a desktop image ) It only needs a big antena and a broad band internet conection and is my dream place.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2004 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

Retiring - Retirement
A Friend

Retiring Retirement

I had my heart set on moving to New Mexico, around the Albuquerque area. Now that I'm married, hubby doesn't want to go there. He'd rather leave the country and go to England. Unfortunately I can't be out of the country for more than 5 years or I lose my American citizenship so the only solution is to find a state that has similar climate of England.

11th Dec, 2004 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Retiring Retirement Politics Business Civil & History

I want to retire someplace warm. My preference is...Florida. tongue.gif I like the heat. I also like that a lot of people retire there so there should be plenty of people my age...my retirement age, that is...and businesses will likely cater somewhat to seniors. I probably will summer in New England since that is where my family is, but it is far too expensive to retire here, not to mention too darn cold in the winter!

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Retiring - Retirement

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,