Anne Frank

Anne Frank - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Sep, 2010 - 5:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Anne Frank
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2004 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Anne Frank

Anne Frank

Born on June 12, 1929, Anne Frank was a German-Jewish teenager who timeline diary excerpts scrapbook was forced to go into hiding during the Holocaust. She and her family, along with four others, spent 25 months during World War II in an annex of rooms above her father's office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. After being betrayed to the Nazis, Anne, her family, and the others living with them were arrested and deported to Nazi concentration camps. In March of 1945, nine months after she was arrested, Anne Frank died of typhus at Bergen-Belsen. She was fifteen years old.

I don't believe that the big men, the politicians and the capitalists alone are guilty of the war. Oh, no, the little man is just as keen, otherwise the people of the world would have risen in revolt long ago! There is an urge and rage in people to destroy, to kill, to murder, and until all mankind, without exception, undergoes a great change, wars will be waged.
-- Anne Frank: Jewish girl author of a diary of her family's two years in hiding during World War Two, 1929-1945

More Info. Source 8

Sponsored Links:
15th Nov, 2004 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Frank Anne

Her story touches my heart everytime I read it. I read her journal several times, in English and Spanish versions. She wrote "I haven't written for a few days, because I wanted first of all to think about my diary. It's an odd idea for someone like me to keep a diary; not only because I have never done so before, but because it seems to me that neither I - nor for that matter anyone else - will be interested in the unbosomings of a thirteen-year-old schoolgirl. Still, what does that matter? I want to write, but more than that, I want to bring out all kinds of things that lie buried deep in my heart." . If she just knew her diary would be kept and read from generations!.

Otto Frank (Anne's father) found her diary after the war and before its publication he removes the pages that Anne talks about her parents marriage, specially taking side with her mother and her most inner feelings, but in 1995 all the pages were made public. Who betray them? Nobody knows. They were many suspects but the one that sounds more logic is Otto Frank's business friend, Tonny Ahlers, who helped him to continued his spice trade from the annex. Otto Frank had a double life and Ahlers thought Otto was having an affair with his wife. There is a book called "The hidding life of Otto Frank" that describes what type of man he was. During the war he was selling and trading goods with the German nazis and at the same time planning to go into hiding when the nazis were almost entering his household, that's why from the begining it was very suspicious to me that of all the members of the Frank family, he was the ONLY survivor.

Her family did not want to move to the Netherlands. They wanted to migrate to other countries like most jews did when they saw Hitler arising, but Otto chose to stay, he understimated the whole thing. He ignored his family's concern and he went to the tomb with a very bother concious and being blackmailed by Ahlers until the day he died.

Anne's diary is one that needs to be read, it was amazing to see how mature she was at some parts of the diary. The book was preserved for a reason and it is a testimony of things that really happen in the history of mankind. Something that never should happen again.
LDS_forever

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

11th Dec, 2004 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

Anne Frank History & Civil Business Politics

The Diary ofAnna Frank is a good book - not amazing, for my opinion, but good. If you really want to get a sense of how the holocaust affected people, that book will surely accomlish that. In some schools in Israel, it is a requisite.

I was a bit annoyed by Anna's character - she was mature, as you say, but in a rather humble and annoying way. But still, it is amazing how readable a thirteen year old's diary is, and how she even manages to have a plot in her diary, although she obviously didn't plan so, since she writes once a day, and not as a sequence.

Overall - good reading. Don't you think it's a bit invading her rights, though, to let all the world read her deepest thought?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

11th Dec, 2004 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

Frank Anne

I was a bit annoyed by Anna's character - she was mature, as you say, but in a rather humble and annoying way

I know what you mean, in parts of the book she can be quiet annoyning, I guess it is because she was a 13 years old after all! undecided.gif But she showed a lot of strenght and common sense in several parts also.

Don't you think it's a bit invading her rights, though, to let all the world read her deepest thought?

I think when someone decides to write a diary they do so with the purpose not only of expressing their feelings but also they know that when they pass way, their diary would be read by other people. Personally and I have no proof of that, I do not think the diary we read of her is the full version, I'm sure lots of parts were removed to preserve somehow part of her privacy.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 14th Nov, 2007 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Frank Anne

Chestnut tree that cheered up Anne Frank to be cut down

The 150-year-old chestnut, familiar to the many readers of "The Diary of Anne Frank," suffers from fungus and moths that have caused more than half its trunk to rot.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695227465,00.html

Anne Frank
Anne Frank (Hover)

Post Date: 15th Feb, 2009 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Anne Frank

Anne Frank guardian reaches 100

The last surviving member of the small group who helped hide the Dutch Jewish girl Anne Frank from the Nazis turns 100. Ref. Source 5

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Feb, 2009 - 11:56pm / Post ID: #

Anne Frank

I heard that this lady had her hundredth birthday today, it was a wonderful, brave thing that her and the others did in trying to keep Anne and her family from death.
I hope this lady enjoyed her birthday,she certainly deserved to, she must have had many hard years of suffering in her life...I don't think you ever get over the trauma of such evils of war.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Post Date: 30th Sep, 2010 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Anne Frank Politics Business Civil & History

Graphic biography of Anne Frank goes beyond her diary

It brings to life the story of the Frank family, starting with her father Otto's birth in 1889. It recounts Anne's birth, the Frank family's life in hiding, their betrayal and arrest. It delves into the deaths of Anne, older sister Margot and their mother, Edith, in concentration camps, and details Otto's commitment to sharing Anne's diary with the world. Ref. Source 2

Anne Frank
Anne Frank (Hover)

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Anne Frank

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,