+  1 2 
Country in Chaos?
Post Date: 25th Nov, 2004 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Ukraine

UKRAINE SET FOR STRIKE

Protesters spent a fourth night in the bitter cold as opposition leaders
prepared for a nationwide strike to protest the outcome of the Ukrainian
presidential election amid allegations of vote rigging.

We"ll go live to Jill Dougherty on the streets of Kiev, as the election crisis
unfolds - and as opposition leaders call for a national strike.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/11/25...aine/index.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Nov, 2004 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Ukraine
A Friend

Ukraine

Well those people are definitely oppress by a corrupt gouverment... Maybe we should expect some US intervention:)) Letting the joke aside they will stay there another week or two the cold sending them one by one and all this time the international forums will protest and after 1-1 an a half month everything will be the same and after another the holidays everything will be forgotten. Mark my words!

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2004 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

Ukraine History & Civil Business Politics

UKRAINIAN PARLIAMENT VOTES TO OUST GOVERNMENT

Ukraine's opposition scored key victories Wednesday in its bid to scrap a disputed presidential election as parliament voted no confidence in the government and European-brokered talks provided momentum toward holding a new ballot.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...09457%2C00.html

Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2004 - 9:39am / Post ID: #

Ukraine
A Friend

Ukraine

"The ruling, which could be made on Friday, is likely to determine whether a re-vote of the recent runoff takes place, or if a totally new election is held with new candidates."

This comes from CNN

I very much doubt that this will just solve the solution

14th Dec, 2004 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Ukraine

The disfiguring acne-like skin condition suffered by Ukrainian opposition leader Viktor Yushchenko is the most recognizable hallmark of dioxin poisoning in humans. While it is unsightly, it is reversible.

It's usually low-level, long-term poisoning, we've never had a case like this -- a known case of large, severe dioxin poisoning.

Click here for more information and to see the startling before and after.

What do you think? Who is responsible for the poisoning? Will his declining health affect the the presidential runoff?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Post Date: 24th Dec, 2004 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

Ukraine
A Friend

Ukraine

I don't think that the events in Ukraine can be called "chaos". I would rather call it democracy. The people of Ukraine have shown an unbelievable commitment, staying in the cold and outdoors for so long, not tolerating the corruption that their electoral system has allowed. I'm a huge fan of bottom-up democracy where the workers, the common man struggle for their rights. The opposite would be to wait for the elites to "generously" hand them their rights, which hardly occurs without common people creating a "demand" (refer to Frederick Douglass).

I think it may seem "chaos" to those up top in elite circles who see these swarming, dedicated people demanding that their votes count, but to me it's a beautiful thing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Dec, 2004 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Ukraine

YUSHCHENKO IS FRONT-RUNNER IN RERUN ELECTION

Pro-Western opposition candidate Viktor Yushchenko declared himself the winner of Ukraine's presidential election early today after exit polls and partial results from Sunday's balloting indicated he would coast to victory.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...00575%2C00.html

Post Date: 28th Dec, 2004 - 7:19am / Post ID: #

Ukraine
A Friend

Ukraine Politics Business Civil & History

I am still amazed about the developments there! I spoke with a ukraine friend of mine and she was amazed also. Keep in mind that the country is divided... they are a lot of people the do not want Viktor Yushchenko . Overall it was an exercise of democracy as I would not expect from ukraine.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Ukraine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,