Teen Suspended After Posting Principal's Mugshot

- Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 20th May, 2013 - 3:52pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th May, 2013 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

When teenagers like something, they share it with their friends. I am just not sure if I believe that he was disrespectful when the principal confronted him, I think he was probably suspended because the principal was angry that he distributed the picture.

international QUOTE
A student found his principal's mugshot and posted it online for all to see.

The Georgia high school student was suspended from school after he posted the mugshot on his Instagram page.

Student KeAndre Varner published the photo of his principal, Jamille Miller-Brown. After he posted the photo on the popular social networking site Instagram, one of his followers asked him why the principal has been arrested. So Varner replied: "I think because of a DUI."

When Miller-Brown found out that Varner had posted her photo, she called him into her office and confronted him about the issue. According to Varner, his principal said: "You said I was arrested for DUI?" To which he explained: "I said "I think you were arrested for DUI."" Source 2

Sponsored Links:
17th May, 2013 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Mugshot Principals Posting Suspended Teen

That's something that I really, really hate from teenagers. When most of them have a camera, they always take pictures of people without permission and they take that picture and show to everyone without permission, once again. I have experience that nonsense from people a couple of times before, whoever that person who toke a picture of me long ago without my permission, I hope the person don't put it online or show it to everyone. unsure.gif

It is good that the teenager was suspended from the school for doing something that he was NOT permitted to do.

Reconcile Edited: Felipe on 18th May, 2013 - 3:27pm

18th May, 2013 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Teen Suspended After Posting Principal's Mugshot UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I agree with Felipe on this point. The habit of sharing other people's pictures is annoying at least. Some popular social networks put a limit to this practice, requiring the approval of the tagged person before making the picture available to everybody, but that's not always effective and the picture sharing is becoming one of the most common ways of violating somebody else privacy.

The suspension is maybe an inappropriate punishment, the guy didn't violate any of the school rules after all. But the principal was right about asking explanations to the student.

18th May, 2013 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Well, the picture was in a public web site. I think the principal was more angry about the fact that the boy hinted that she was arrested for a DUI when it wasn't the case. I don't think he should have been suspended, what exactly rule did he break?

18th May, 2013 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Pandora, I believe the boy was trying to probably gossip about the principal's case of being arrested. He shouldn't have puts his 'thoughts' about the case, because most of the time those things said are just rumors and it can cause the damage of the reputation of an individual, in this case the principal.

Edited Message Edited...
By Pandora: Fixed grammar

19th May, 2013 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

Children gossip ALL the time about principals and teachers. I don't know, I need to have more information about this case if I am about to change my mind.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th May, 2013 - 2:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Teen Suspended Posting Principal's Mugshot

I think the student should not have be suspended at all. THe mug shot he posted was a public picture like any other mug shot is. IF the principal did not what her mug shot out in public then she should never have cause herself to be arrested. If you do not pay your speeding tickets or any other ticket you have you can be held in contempt of court and a arrest warrant issued for your pick up. This will get you taken to jail and a mug shot and fingerprints of you taken.

The fact that the student stated it was possibly for DUI or anything else is just regular people jumping to a conclusion that is not proven as accurate. IF people want to know the truth they can pull up the public records and find out what the real reason she was arrested for. It is common knowledge that many people will state and opinion about a person and then that person will be judged on that opinion with out the truth of the original opinion being verified. Does that mean every time that a rumor is started about this person or that person in high school that someone is going to be suspended for a few days?

20th May, 2013 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

Teen Suspended Posting Principal's Mugshot Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

The suspension doesn't make sense but it would be wrong to pass the idea that what the student did is something acceptable. People can jump to the wrong conclusion and often others are judged as a consequence of these conclusions. But all this process has a name, "Defamation", and is usually discussed in a courthouse.

> TOPIC: Teen Suspended After Posting Principal's Mugshot

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,