Do Terrorists Have Legit Reasons

Do Terrorists Legit Reasons - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Dec, 2004 - 10:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Best of  Do Terrorists Legit Reasons Can terrorism ever be justified?
Post Date: 20th Nov, 2004 - 11:00am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

What our leaders and pundits never let slip is that the terrorists -- whatever else they might be -- might also be rational human beings ; which is to say that in their own minds they have a rational justification for their actions. Most terrorists are people deeply concerned by what they see as social, political, or religious injustice and hypocrisy, and the immediate grounds for their terrorism is often retaliation for an action of the United States. .
-- William Blum.

Do Terrorists Have Legit Reasons (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
20th Nov, 2004 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Reasons Legit Terrorists Do

international QUOTE
Most terrorists are people deeply concerned by what they see as social, political, or religious injustice and hypocrisy, and the immediate grounds for their terrorism is often retaliation for an action of the United States.  .

Who is this guy? "Most terrorists" are reacting to something the United States has done???

Get real. How does this person know so many terrorists? Is he in contact with every terrorist, so that he can quantify a statement like that? This is a prime example of slanted journalism with a definite agenda against the USA.

In my opinion, "Most terrorists" are reacting to what's happening in their own countries. "Most terrorists" are not attacking the USA or US Americans in general. Terrorism is happening around the world, in many nations, and it's not all retaliation against the US.

Roz.

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

4th Dec, 2004 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Do Terrorists Have Legit Reasons History & Civil Business Politics

international QUOTE
Most terrorists are people deeply concerned by what they see as social, political, or religious injustice and hypocrisy, and the immediate grounds for their terrorism is often retaliation for an action of the United States.  .

Whoever said that is nuts and need serious psychological help. Although I believe that terrorists do really think they are doing something good for mankind, it does have nothing to do with the US, since terrorism is going on all around the world. My country experienced two terrorist attacks, one in March 17, 1992. A terrorist bomb demolished the Israeli Embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Approximately 300 people were wounded and 28 killed, among them four Israelis embassy personnel, four local embassy employees, and scores of innocent Argentineans, including elderly residents of a nearby nursing home, and schoolchildren on a passing bus. The other one occured in July 1994, in the Main Jewish Community Center in Buenos Aires, and 85 people were dead.

I think that when people make statements like that, I really feel to give them a good slap on their face, they are so ignorant.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

4th Dec, 2004 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

Ofcourse I am in agreement with the arguements against such statements. Terrorism is actions against the United States. Then you would have to say that only Americans are affected or harmed by terrorism. The world is harmed by terrorism and there is no legitimate reason for anyone to become a terrorist.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 14 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.4%

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2004 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think the quote did have one valid point: Within their minds they believe what they're doing is right. We may do things that the terrorists would look at and this it was completely irrational and completely stupid, but within our own minds and with our beliefs it's right. I think that is the perspective people need to look at when they try to talk down terrorists from their actions. From what I've seen, when messages are aimed at terrorists, it's spoken in a way that assumes the terrorists know they're doing the wrong thing. It needs to be approached in a manner of teaching them that killing people and torturing people is wrong. It may not help, but it would be a better approach than just assuming they know they're in the wrong. A lot of children are raised in the mindset and with the teaching of terrorism, and they don't know how to think any differently. We should try to spend more energy on teaching the differences between right and wrong over there, rather just condeming and reprimanding.

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2004 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

"We never see the smoke and the fire, we never smell the blood, we never see the terror in the eyes of the children, whose nightmares will now feature screaming missiles from unseen terrorists, will be known only as Americans."
-- Martin Kelly

A terrorist is someone who has a bomb but doesn't have an air force: Unknown

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Dec, 2004 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

Do Terrorists Legit Reasons

Well, I think it depends on the person looking at the situation. Someone might call somebody a terrorist, but another person might call him a patriot or a freedom fighter...
I personally do not think that the people who we refer to as terrorist have a good enough reason for the type of attacks they produce, but that is my perspective. During the revolution in the USA, the British probably would have labeled the American Freedom Fighters terrorists as well.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 21 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.1%

30th Dec, 2004 - 10:58pm / Post ID: #

Do Terrorists Legit Reasons Politics Business Civil & History

international QUOTE
We should try to spend more energy on teaching the differences between right and wrong over there, rather just condeming and reprimanding.

I disagree with this statement. I do not think you can reason with terrorists. They believe what they are doing is right in the eyes of their God. How are you going to teach them, on a large scale because you don't have time to identify and convert terrorists one by one, that they are wrong? Unfortunately, I don't see a viable option other than to find a way to disrupt their terrorist networks.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Do Terrorists Have Legit Reasons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,