Shaking Hands - Page 3 of 4

LDS I have met a few individuals who gave - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 12th Apr, 2007 - 1:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: How do you normally shake hands?
  I do not shake hands ever       0.00%
  Strong grip to show my strength       3.70%
  Firm grip       70.37%
  Average I guess       22.22%
  I give my hand with no grip at all       3.70%
  Like a wet fish       0.00%
Total Votes: 27
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
  Shaking Hands They say it tells a lot about a person
28th Mar, 2005 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Shaking Hands - Page 3

I use a firm grip when shaking hands. I was taught at a young age that as a man, it was proper to always shake hands with confidence and firmly. I have read through the posts here and the gist of what I am getting is that females, in general, take offense when a guy does not shake their hand firmly. That is good to know, because I always use the same technique whether I am shaking a male's hand or a female's. The one exception is a friend of mine who has a bone-crushing shake. I usually exert a bit more force to counter his shake.

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2005 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Hands Shaking

I am almost offended when a man gives me a whimpy little handshake. Why bother at all? If you want to shake my hand, then shake it! You don't have to break my hand, but you can still grasp it fully and give a bit of a squeeze.

I usually give a light shake with nearly no grip, not because I don't respect them but because I have no reason to show off or maybe it's to throw someone off. As for the four ays to tell about a person on a handshake in my opinion it's just a person trying to get money from other people. I leave no grip to show my gentleness to the other person. Just because most people believe that a firm handshake is good doesn't make it right for everyone.

27th Apr, 2005 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Shaking Hands UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I give a firm handshake ... not because I want to show of, but because I think that is the proper way of transmitting how you feel about meeting someone. If someone does the "dead hand - no grip" a got the feeling that he/she is not interested in meeting me or is doing me a favour giving that handshake. Also, I hate the "wet fish" handshake. After that, I don't know why, I got to hash my hands.
With females, my handshake is a little softer, but still firm.
Now I want to share with you guys a trick a learned - there a 3 ways of positioning your hand for a shake (this is all at a subconscious level):
1. with the palm up - you feel inferior to your partner (because of the "begging" position of your hand)
2. with the palm down - you feel superior or you want to make him feel inferior
3. with the palm of your hand in a vertical position - suggesting that you feel your partner is egal to you ... the proper handshake I guess, the one I try to use all the time.

27th Apr, 2005 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Hands Shaking

I've had wierd handshakes especially when I was younger. I also remember my wife telling me that guys who were attracted to her would extend their had and shake it once and before letting her hand go would use thier index finger to tickle her palm while they were shaking. She said it felt disgusting especially from people she had just been introduced to.

27th Feb, 2007 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

Hands Shaking

I only shake hands kind of average I'd say, not too strong, but not floppy either laugh.gif

We get to shake hands every 1st Sunday at church with everyone there, and I must say from my own observations ..there are a heck of a lot of different styles of shaking hands out there!

One person nearly broke my fingers.. probably not literally, but my hand throbbed for a good 5 minutes after being crushed, the nicest hand shake that I've had was from a basketball player, I thought he was going to crush my hand, as he was built sturdily, when in fact he had hands like velvet *laughing*, so I guess you can't tell a person from their hand shake after all!

10th Apr, 2007 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Shaking Hands

I like to give a firm handshake to anyone I meet. To me, this is a confident, respectful and professional way of greeting/meeting a person. I hate it whenever I receive a half of a handshake that is, the person chooses to hold your fingers and not the whole hand and shakes it. I agree with you Funbikerchick. I think it is so disrespectful to give a weak handshake; this is a sign that the person lacks confidence and doesn't enjoy meeting people. This is what I have learnt about handshakes from a Psychology class (I did many years ago) and from my male friends:

To receive a Firm Handshake, indicates that the individual is confident, polite and willing to meet people.

To receive a Weak Handshake (for example, Half a Handshake or Hand is very cold and barely grasps yours), suggests that the person is very shy, nervous and very uncomfortable around people.

To receive a Bone Crushing Handshake, indicates that the individual is inconsiderate, cruel and derives pleasure from seeing others in pain.

To receive a Lingering Handshake that is, the person holds your hand firmly, slowly moving it up and down while gazing into your eyes, suggests that the individual is attracted to you. Males usually use this technique to silently indicate that he wants to be more than "just an acquaintance."

To receive a Handshake that includes your palm being tickled, means that the person longs to be "ahem" intimate with you. Most guys use this technique as a way of "flirting" with a pretty girl.

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 10th Apr, 2007 - 6:52pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Apr, 2007 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Shaking Hands - Page 3

To receive a Bone Crushing Handshake, indicates that the individual is inconsiderate, cruel and derives pleasure from seeing others in pain.

Interesting. I know someone that I try to avoid like a plague because he gives this kind of handshakes and I don't like it (he shakes my hand in such a way that my ring pressures against my skin and hurts!), funny enough indeed he seems to be an inconsiderate person.

12th Apr, 2007 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

Shaking Hands Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 3

LDS I have met a few individuals who gave me a "Bone Crushing Handshake" and I must say that they were all the same; very loud, uncouth, inconsiderate and all derived pleasure in watching me squirm. Personally, my favourite handshakes are the "Firm Handshake" and the "Lingering Handshake." All the people who have given me the "Firm Handshake" were very pleasant, excellent conversationalists and quite humorous! With the "Lingering Handshake" I always have to control myself from laughing out aloud laugh.gif or saying something very sarcastic!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Shaking Hands

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,